RYDER CUP TEAM LONDON

Comments

• Cool...so we'll do $5 for Omaha and Stud and $10 for the Hold'Em games. If everyone can send me there e-mails that haven't already...I will send out the details after the holidays.
  • heh guys if we're all on the same team and trying to learn...i hate to say it...but why even have money involved??? 5$ would atleast make it somewhat competitive but still people are trying to learn adn you can analyze and go thorugh stuff...after a few SNGs THEN I would add some money after you;ve learnt the games and are comfortable

...oops didnt read the 3rd pages before i posted...ill still leave it as is....I will be in Ottawa for the holidays or I'd join you guys

Rob

PS. Go Sens Go.... :D
  • Page 1 pointless post. Also helps my overall rating.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Looks like the tentative date for the event is Sunday Feb 19th......will forward your more info when I get it. January 8th we will have the qualification sessions at my place to fill out the team. I will forward details and directions after X-Mas
  • A little mis-info...Saturday the 18th of February is the tentative date!!!
  • Hello everyone.....I have some exciting news I wanted to share with everyone. I have been in contact with a new poker magazine "Top Pair" and have convinced them to sponsor the event with magazines for everyone, plus lots of goodies for door prizes etc... But even better is they are going to let me put together an article on the event which they will put in an upcoming issue of their magazine. So we will have pics and an article in the magazine!!!! Pretty Cool Eh ?
  • That is pretty cool. I am really looking forward to the sng's.

Happy Holidays everyone!
  • Hey I am up for any games we need to practice. you can email at b_owen71@hotmail.com with any info. Looking forward to playing different games.
  • Dave,

Thanks a lot for organizing this. I'm very interested in knowing what you eventually plan on writing about. The players, the game, the community, the comradery, the winners, all of the above? I love when people prove the public wrong about the perception of those who gamble, I'm sure your aticle will do that justice.

stp
  • Hello everyone.....I have some exciting news I wanted to share with everyone.  I have been in contact with a new poker magazine "Top Pair" and have convinced them to sponsor the event with magazines for everyone, plus lots of goodies for door prizes etc...  But even better is they are going to let me put together an article on the event which they will put in an upcoming issue of their magazine.  So we will have pics and an article in the magazine!!!!  Pretty Cool Eh ?

Dave! that is crazy wicked! I think I can find some nice stuff for a bubble boy prize :) This is going to be one fun day
  • By the way Brad, Kate loves the chips you did for her. Thanks a lot for driving all the way down here before Christmas to make sure she got them in time. I was going to PM you this but I thought it was important for people to know what you did and how awesome it was. Now back to the OP. Ryder Cup Rules! Or whatever it's called.... :D

stp
  • Hey Guys, I've been away for a little bit for the Holidays. That's wicked about the article Dave, and I'm stoked to be involved in this. I guess I'll meet everybody on the 8th.

Cheers
    Court
  • In order to pick the balance of the team we will be having a couple of mini-sit'n'go's where the top finishers will fill the final three spots of Team London. This will take place on January 8th (Sunday) at 2:00 p.m. (yes we will have the football games on). Please PM me or leave a message here to confirm you will be attending, and I will send directions. The first 7 people commiting will have the 7 seats at the table with myself and Twothree and DoctaK. We will play 2 sit'n'go's $10 a piece and the highest collective finishers will make up the final three spots. Also...look for my post on the weekly poker league I will be beginning at the end of January. I will post about it this weekend in the Home Games section. This is limited to 10 players as well, so sign up early if you are commited to play!!!
  • hey Doc, I sent you an email regarding my interest for next weekend, but for some reason am concerned that you didn't get it. Could you confirm please.

Cheers
    Court
  • Hi court..pm sent...spot reserved for you next Sunday
  • I have read through all the threads and have decided to go with the following. This takes in to consideration a bunch of different suggestions from all. We have a venue that can accommodate more people then first thought. But still in an effort to keep this medium sized and a one day event here is the line up.

There will be 10 teams consisting of 8 players per team. $400 Entry fee per team. Totaling $4000. This works out to $50 per player.

Payouts TBD

This event is rake free.

Each team must have their money in by Feb. 1/06. We will start a waiting list for alternate teams and they will be bumped into the event if money is not received by Feb. 1/06. This is in an effort to ensure we have no late drop outs. Full team lineups will be due Feb. 11/06.

If anyone would like to submit an alternate team please PM me and I will add you to the list.

A full day of poker would consist of

1) 8 - 10 man NL Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
    2) 8 - 10 man Fixed Limit Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
    3) 5 - 8 man Fixed Limit Stud SNGs.
    4) 4 - 10 man Pot Limit Omaha SNGs with one players from each team competing at each table.
    5) Finally 40 Head Up NL tournaments to finish the competition.

Each team member must play in the Fixed Hold em, NL Hold em and one of the Stud or Omaha SNGs. Also everyone must represent their team in a heads up battle.

We will be starting with the Stud and Omaha games first then the fixed limit SNGs then go to the NL and Heads Up to complete the day.

Again this would make for a good 12 hour session of poker.

The Team with the most points will be crowned the True Poker Capital.

If there is a tie for any position a tie breaker Heads Up game will be played.

Now the geographic locations for the teams would be as follows

Toronto
    Kitchener 1
    Kitchener 2
    Waterloo 1
    Waterloo 2
    Guelph including Fergus/Rockwood and surrounding area
    Cambridge
    Milton/Oakville
    London
    Toronto 2 << The venue will be submitting a team for this event.

The date will be Feb. 18/06 Doors will open at 11:00 with the first round of SNGs starting at 12:00. The location will be the west side of Toronto. I will be going to take a look at it this week and then forward the address to the team captains.

Sponsorship thus far is looking good and I am still in talks with a couple online sites about adding to the prize pool.

We should have prizes for Best Individual Point Getter as well as best hands in each discipline.

Good luck to all and Have a great New Year.

MAKE SURE TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT FOR THE TRYOUT NEXT WEEKEND ASAP!!!!
  • Confirmed for January 8th tryouts:

1) "Witchdoctor" Dave K
    2) "Twothree" Braad
    3) "Docta K" Darryl K
    4) "Showdown" Brad
    5) "Dinobot" Court
    6) "Nooner81" Dave

4 more spots!!!!! First come first serve to get a crack at the team!!!
  • Dave,

How many SnG's will we be playing and which formats? ie: NL, Limit, Omaha & Stud
  • What we will be doing sunday is playing 2 no limit sit'n'go's. You will earn points depending on how you finish in each, and the top point earners will get the remaining spots. Once the team is formed we will have a couple of get togethers to practice the other games before the main event!

PS...2 spots left
  • bumped all the way to page 3...that's no damn good. See everyone on Sunday.
  • We will need a couple of people to bring some chairs, I only have 5.....see you Sunday!!!
  • I will throw 5 in my trunk. Can you please call me on Sunday morning in case I forget. My # is 453-6776.

Dave
  • Perfect!!!! Thanks!!!
  • Sorry, I've been busy so I have not checked out pokerforum in a bit. I get back on the 8th, I am not sure what time since I am coming from Ottawa. I will try to get there in time and if not then oh well we have a decision to make or I guess I am not truly a "Londoner" player :D but it's fine so don't worry about that let me. Also, a suggestion which I think everyone would agree with. I think Dave and some people should discuss as to who the best players are that you think from the 2 SnGs....because, if I get a guy to bet all of his chips and I am leading so I make the right move. I have all my chips in when I have the lead and there's nothing more you can ask (well except that the other guy doesn't have any outs) But let's say he does and he hits them, that doesn't make me a bad player at all so how can you truly say I am not fit to go to the Ryder Cup. I think it will be easy to decide if one or two people aren't meant for the team by just playing and watching. Not necessarily who wins....(opinions????)

Later
    Rob

PS. sorry my email is messing up or I would have sent this to just Dave, but please hold me a spot anyways if you could!! thanks Dave.
  • I agree with the previous post that points will be given for where you finish in each of the 2 SnG's. It's entirely possible the the best NL players might not make the team.

However, the Ryder Cup is not just a NL competition & considering that we don't have a great deal of time I think that the point system is fair.
  • I am just trying to make it as fair as possible....most of us have never played with each other before, and we have to get the team made. Hopefully the best players will make it. I am sure we are all quality players, so whoever represents London will hopefully do us proud!!!
  • I agree with witchdoctor that it is really the fairest way of doing it.
  • Agreed, it seems pretty fair to me.
  • Hello everyone.....I have some exciting news I wanted to share with everyone.  I have been in contact with a new poker magazine "Top Pair" and have convinced them to sponsor the event with magazines for everyone, plus lots of goodies for door prizes etc...  But even better is they are going to let me put together an article on the event which they will put in an upcoming issue of their magazine.  So we will have pics and an article in the magazine!!!!  Pretty Cool Eh ?

I assume this is the Magazine? Some nice pics there...

http://www.toppairmagazine.com/

stp
  • Go back to your own forum KW boy! /shake fist!