RYDER CUP TEAM LONDON

OK....so anyone from London (or London area) who would like to be part of this team please post here and we can have some sit'n'go satellites if the interest is there. Obviously we will be looking for at least two more players. Check out the main Ryder Cup post for the ever-growing details. Braad...you want to captain or shall I...completely up to you!!!

Comments

• I'm down for being on Team London, I say we Co-Captain? I don't think I'm sain enough for the Captain part :P

GO TEAM LONDON!
  • Cool.....sounds great!!!!
  • Hey Dave...

I would be interested.

Rob Quai
    Quai du Vin
  • Awesome Rob...glad to hear from you. Will keep you in the loop!!!

Dave
  • Dave, count me in.
  • Hey,

I'd be interested as well. Would be a good challenge.

Gerry
  • This is great......I have one response by e-mail to, so we might have a satellite in a couple of weeks to determine the final team. Anyone know stud or omaha???
  • Hey Dave, I sent you another response back but my email is messing up a bit so I will post most of what I sent on here also.

I know OH I'd say better than beginners, no expert. I have played it live ONCE before, haha, and online. 7 card stud I've also played but wouldn't feel as comfortable playing as I would OH. heh, also more comfortable with H/L instead of straight OH. uhhh, guess I can teach but it shouldn't be that bad, practise would DEFINITELY do some good. Most comfortable with NL and fixed, but as I said I wouldn't mind playing OH.

Name's Rob for those who I haven't talked to before, attending school in London, from Kanata (Ottawa). Glad to see some Londoner's playing poker still, heh, I have an exam on the 17th or I would be out to that tourny too. Good luck to everyone going to that also.

Take Care,
    Rob

PS. If you need someone to teach or discuss OH and Stud I probably could, cheers.
  • Now we'e set if we have member who can play the other games...lol!!!!
  • Hey, I emailed you, and am very interested in a spot as well. I am a pretty good limit player, and am trying to learn seven stud as well,I've also played it live once before. No limit I can play, and have had some good results in tourney's, but others are probably better.

Cheers kids
  • Just making another post so that we don't get forced to page two. TEAM LONDON will never be moved to Page 2.
  • That's the spirit.......got your e-mails dinobot and nooner. I will e-mail after X-Mas to get everything organized!!!

Dave
  • Thank you sir, Everyone have a great Christmas. Cheers
  • Happy Holidays....hopefully everybody takes the time to practice Stud & Omaha. I know I will. Do any of you play at Brantford?

If you ever want to go let me know. I usually play 1-2 6hr sessions a week. I play $5-$10. Lots of fishes at Brantford. If your patient you can win $200-$300 easy per session.
  • Hey Nooner, I'm off the week after Christmas and waas thinking of making my way up there a time or two. PM me and let me know whern you are going.

Cheers
  • Hey I am from London and would be interested I am versed in stud and Omaha. This is a great idea and should be a fun experience. Get back to me with any info.
  • Dinobot,

What neighborhood do you live in?
  • Count me in for any games over the holidays...I am off for almost 2 weeks straight. Rand71....I will message you after the holidays with details.
  • Hey Nooner,

I'm live downtown, Dufferin Ave between Waterloo and Colborne.
    I wouldn't mind playing quite a bit around town as well. Maybe we can get some sng's in Stud and Omaha for Practice. Also, I'm aware of a 100 + 10 nl tourney on December 30th, if Anyone is interested in that. In London.
  • ttt

no page 2!! haha
  • Hey guys....

I am hosting a $20 no limits tournament on Thursday, December 29 th 7:30 south of St. Thomas

If you are interested, limited space available. E-mail me at info@quaiduvin.com with your pokerforum user name and I will send you the details.

Rob
  • I might be interested in that.

As for the rest of you,I got home from Windsor today to find team London on Page 2. Not cool.

Cheers
  • hahah...just finished 3rd in a partypoker stud tourney....156 people....only about 100$ for almost 4 hrs work though :S.....
  • That's wicked man. For my part, I played strictly stud and Omaha High last friday on Party. Played the .50/1 buck games and showed a profit(of about 11 bucks).
    However, I lost 180 in the limit games in Widsor yesterday, so I don't really know if my game is coming or going currently.

Cheers
  • Maybe we can get together and play all 4 styles (SNG's) on a Sunday while watching the NFL playoffs. I don't mind hosting it if someone can bring a poker set.
  • I will be more then happy to host the weekend after New Years...Sunday afternoon is perfect for me..... We can devirginize the new table and chips!!! I will message everyone showing interest and we will all get together. I would like to start my poker league two weeks after which I will have all the info about then too.
  • sounds awesome. Is anyone interested in a 100 +10 tourney to be held in London on I believe December 30th?

Let me know if so.

Cheers

P.S I'm interested for the Sunday after New Years for sure.
  • Hey guys if you are going to do the 4 types of poker thing let me know, sadly my bank roll is not to big around this time of they year, how about $10 per game? Also if you need a chipset to hold these tournys let me know I can bring one or two or how evern many we need.
  • Don't know why I feel the need to post after everything. 10 bucks a game sounds great. I'm a little hesitant to throw too much money after games i'm just learning.

Alternatively, maybe we lower the amount, have 5 dollar sit and goes in Omaha and Stud, and then up the ante for Hold em, which I'm sure everyone is more comfortable with.
  • $5 or $10 is good for me as well.