Ryder Cup of Poker

1235»

Comments

• I find that as long as you stack chips as it is played out you can run at a decent pace. The dealers are not guaranteed as of yet so sharpen your math.
  • Can someone please post the schedule, date(s), etc...I'm sure it's all in there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks
  • Its going to be on Feb 18, but I'm not sure about start time. I'm guessing noon, or even possibly earlier since we will have to play 3 SnGs and 1 HU match
  • Registration starts at 11:00 AM
    First round of SNG's at 12:00, next at 3:00, dinner 6:00-7:00, Round 3 7:00, Heads Up @ 10:00

Trophy presentation to Waterloo 2 at 12:00 midnight
  • Why are they having a participation trophy too....

TEAM LONDON!!!!
  • Sure, I'll let waterloo2 hold our trophy, but no salivating on it
  • GTA you seem to forget that Waterloo drools without even having a trophey in their hands.....it's just a natural state. As long as I get it back they can drool on it, over it and then wash it......

BTW GTA welcome aboard.
  • What is the confirmed Team count now?
  • Thanks Joe, be good to see you again. It's been a while since we final-tabled the training room.

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but is there a schedule of events and some sort of posting as to how this thing is scored, etc?

MDS told me I'm playing Omaha, NLHE and HU NLHE...are the first 2 sngs?

Thanks
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Thanks Joe, be good to see you again. It's been a while since we final-tabled the training room.

I apologize if this is posted elsewhere, but is there a schedule of events and some sort of posting as to how this thing is scored, etc?

MDS told me I'm playing Omaha, NLHE and HU NLHE...are the first 2 sngs?

Thanks

GTA I will email you the details
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    What is the confirmed Team count now?

Looks like 8 Still waiting on Waterloo 1 and Cambridge.
  • Hey, I received an email and all that was in the attachment was a spreadsheet about 9 online events with only about 3 lines of info in it that had nothing to do with the royal cup.
  • Ignore that sheet but did you look at the other 3 tabs??
  • Ah, guess the brain was a bit mushy after a 11h live session, thanks.

So is everyone playing 3 events? If anyone on my team drops out I'll play more, looks fun.
  • Anyone else looking at booking hotel rooms. After the day of poker I'm not sure I wanna be driving anywhere. Maybe we can look into a group rate.
  • So is it a saturday or sunday?
  • Whole day Saturday
  • Why are they having a participation trophy too....

TEAM LONDON!!!!

Yes, we are the Lady Byng's of poker. Definite underdogs in this event. We have nothing to lose.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Going off the Ryder Cup structure...they play best ball, alternate shot, match play and stroke...
    That screams to me that the Ryder Cup of Poker should contain...Limit Holdem, Stud, Omaha and NL Holdem.

You can stay away from the Hi/Lo (sorry Mark...I love them too) to keep the pace and limit scraps over sorting out pots.

But, when Kitchener takes this down...I don't want to hear a single thing about missing out on someones strongest game
    so, lets get them in there.

Wolffhound is Polish for Omaha...(and French for As*hole in some peoples dictionaries).

Lets PLAY!!!!!

Bump...
  • Siiick bump there, Wolffy!