Ryder Cup of Poker

Comments

• Hork: there is still 5 card stud on prima (i know for sure) and Paradise ( I think). It's not completely dead. LOL
  • Oh, i know it's there. But 7cS has surpassed it in popularity... (Probably in the 1950s sometime.)

It's gone the way of 5 card draw.

Crazy Pineapple is the game nowadays.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    It's gone the way of 5 card draw.
    Draw isn't dead!!! (just on life support :) ).
  • sandro..i forgot to ask tonight...do we know where this tourney will be happening?
    M
  • IN oaklahoma
  • Man I have some of the beswt poker flubs ever Mike Straight and now Oklahoma. lmao
  • I just finished reading through the info sent to the captains today and I must say that is VERY impressive.
    Much kudos to Sandro and anybody else who has helped you put together this package.

The only *slight* issue I think is worth considering is the point breakdown for the Stud tourneys
    Since there are 5 SNGs of 8 instead of the 4 PLO SNGs of 10, there will be 270 total points given out for
    the Stud games, but only 224 total points for the PLO games.
    This also makes the PLO/Stud section worth more than either the LHE or the NLHE section.

Just an idea to consider, but maybe since they are only tables of 8, we could scale back the points given
    to make the totals more even.
  • I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it as well Pinhead....maybe a little tweaking there could even things out a bit...otherwise it looks amazing!!!
  • What about a 13-10-8-6-4-2-1-1 split? That gives a total of 45 points per SNG, so 225 total
  • What are the points structure for the various games?
    Pinhead wrote:
    I just finished reading through the info
    :
    The only *slight* issue I think is worth considering is the point breakdown for the Stud tourneys
    Since there are 5 SNGs of 8 instead of the 4 PLO SNGs of 10, there will be 270 total points given out for
    the Stud games, but only 224 total points for the PLO games.
    This also makes the PLO/Stud section worth more than either the LHE or the NLHE section.
  • Hello everyone,

I am glad that everyone is excited foir the tourny and we are more then glad to be the host. As Sandro can say we have a very nice new unit for our club and we are keen on everyone to enjoy themselves whenever they come to our club. We will be having our regular tournament on the Friday night followed by our very action packed cash games, and also on the Sunday we will be having a tournament which we will be giving away entries to throughout the weekend. If anyone has any further questions please direct it through Sandro. Also Sandro is doing an amazing job and since meeting him he is very focused and we are very sure this tournament will be a great success.

See everyone at the river,

The Airport Club
  • Pinhead/Witch

The reason that the point schedule was set in this fashion was for
    a) consistency of point allocation for all SNGs.
    b) although this is primarily a team competition there will be some prizes for the Top 3 individual players as well. So there is no penalty for playing either tournament.
    c) The point system is fair to all teams as they all have equal chances of getting the points
    d) The majority of the points will still be given for Texas holdem through the other 3 parts of the competition as a whole.

That was my logic to the point schedule.  If we need to adjust this we can.

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I am hoping teams and Captains discuss this over the rest of the week and weekend at Beanie's and let me know more feedback.
  • pokerdro wrote:

Thanks for the feedback so far.  I am hoping teams and Captains discuss this over the rest of the week and weekend at Beanie's and let me know more feedback.

Can someone please print off a copy or two and bring it to beanies for us to discuss, I just got a new computer and can't find my MS Word CD. Thanks.

stp
  • Shannon I am just about to emial it to you in Note pad form.
  • When is this game?
  • Feb 18th/2006

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    Feb 18th/2006

stp

grrr......oh well, I guess I'm out. No hard feelings, I just wish it could've worked out.

Of course I'm hoping for Team Waterloo to take it down, but failing that, I guess I'm routing for the Heartbreak Kids or Team Cambridge. (Sorry UW Team)

Best of Luck Everyone!!
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Of course I'm hoping for Team Waterloo to take it down, but failing that, I guess I'm routing for the Heartbreak Kids or Team Cambridge. (Sorry UW Team)

Best of Luck Everyone!!

Damn Johnnie that's mean
    Just for that us UW guys are going to steal your blind every time at Beanie's tomorrow
  • Pinhead wrote:
    Just for that us UW guys are going to steal your blind every time at Beanie's tomorrow
    LOL - vs all the other times you try to steal blinds ;)
  • ME ??? Steal blinds??? I would NEVER!!!  :D
  • Odd question... does the venue have access to wireless internet?
  • Zithal wrote:
    Odd question... does the venue have access to wireless internet?

That would be cool - multi-tabling :)
  • Pinhead wrote:
    JohnnieH wrote:

Best of Luck Everyone!!

Damn Johnnie that's mean

Dude, I work at WLU.....our CBA states that I can't cheer for you!! lol

but I begrudgingly wish your team luck.

See yous 'amorrow, amigos!

JohnnieH
  • lol fair enough...I guess I can ask my team to at least let you have some blinds :D

As long as we don't have to hear complaining from Waterloo 1 that they lost because they
    didn't have all their best players
  • Zithal wrote:

They do have net access I will check if it is wireless.
  • Anyone find the Omaha games take a lot longer having to count the pot all the time?

Or is my team just arithmetically-challenged?
  • It does take a long time counting the pot, when I have played to. Thank-god we are playing the Omaha first, because I'd hate doing the math after playing for 9 or 10 hours!!!
  • I'd expect the venue-supplied dealers have thousands of hours of experience dealing Pot Limit Omaha games and will do the work for us.
  • I have found that if someone not in the hand (or the dealer) stacks the chips in the pot in reasonable stacks it becomes pretty quick to see what is in there. Just have to be careful with too many hands on the chips :D
  • pokerdro wrote:
    Zithal wrote:

They do have net access I will check if it is wireless.

Yes it is wireless.