Results from West Side Poker Club Low Limit Tournament Kitchener

Comments

• put me down for 2:

Chris S
    Selena S
  • we are at 98 people. who's next.

Prophet 22
  • Brent.

I know you said you were going to post a blind schedule shortly, but what I wanted to have an idea of is the length of the tourney.
    With 100 people and 20 minute blinds, I was wondered if this is going to like the cruise? Or more much faster?
  • sorry Brent, I have to pull out...I was really looking forward to it. Hope it's a good time for all.

E.
  • maybe next time.

Brent
  • Redington wrote:
    Brent.

I know you said you were going to post a blind schedule shortly, but what I wanted to have an idea of is the length of the tourney.
    With 100 people and 20 minute blinds, I was wondered if this is going to like the cruise? Or more much faster?

Tyson,

Thanks for the question.  I will post a blind schedule soon.  Just running through some simulations.  The cruise was 30 min blinds this will be 20 mins. Even though this is low limit I still want to be fair to the players.  The goal will be to end the tournament somewhere bewtween 8 and 10 hours.  Our standard time thus far is we have never had a tournament last longer than 8 hours, so I feel confident in the range of 8-10 hours. check back here monday.  Also PM me a phone number, I need to talk to you about something, I will call you thursday as I am busy all day today

Brent
  • Brent,

I need you to drop me from the list.

D

p.s. I need to hook up with you at Zithal's (soon I hope for the next BSC) to give you the donation for the Tourney with a Cause.
  • send me a pm with your number and I will call you.

brent
  • Redington wrote:
    Brent.

Tyson,

Thanks for the question. I will post a blind schedule soon. Just running through some simulations. The cruise was 30 min blinds this will be 20 mins. Even though this is low limit I still want to be fair to the players. The goal will be to end the tournament somewhere bewtween 8 and 10 hours. Our standard time thus far is we have never had a tournament last longer than 8 hours, so I feel confident in the range of 8-10 hours. check back here monday. Also PM me a phone number, I need to talk to you about something, I will call you thursday as I am busy all day today

Brent

Greast, sent you a PM with numbers. I am happy to see that it is an 8 hour format, was afraid this was to be completed in 3-4 hours, hence Bingo>
  • Sign me up!

Sounds like it'll be a good time!

Dane B
  • I'm already registered for the tourney, just two things that I'm wondering:

1. Is there somewhere to buy food at the tourney?
    2. What time will the cash games be running 'til?

Thanks.

-Erik Y
  • Just so everyone knows. I will be sending out the directions for the tournament Monday Night. There will be plenty of fast food resturants to during the 1 hour dinner break. I have the hall til midnight so there no need to hurry out after you are elminated from the tournament. The Witch Doctor will be there to collect deposits for the tournament with a cause. He will also be running satellites for this event.

Brent
  • This event is 15 people away from being sold out! Don't delay, get reserve your spot today. Directions will be sent out Monday evening as well as a blind schedule being posted soon.

Prophet 22
  • sign eddy dale up for the turnament
  • Could you add James Carn to the list please, thanx
  • How many people will be interested in playing in some 8 man single table satellites for my Oct 2nd "Poker With a Cause" event (listed at the top of the Home Games section). I would like to get an idea so I know whether to bring a second guy to deal the games. There will be subsidiary prizes as well to those on the bubble!!!
  • I would be very interested in a sat. for Oct 02.
    I'm in Waterloo.
  • The satellites will be held at this event as people are knocked out....hopefully we will have a few!!!
  • We are 8 people away from being sold out! There is still time to have you name added to the list. An emaill will be sent out tomorrow night with the address. If you want that large tournament experience this is the tournament for you.

Here is the blind schedule:

ROUND LENGTH SBLIND BIG BLIND ANTE BREAK
    1 20 MIN 25 50 0 0
    2 20 MIN 50 100 0 0
    3 20 MIN 75 150 0 0
    4 20 MIN 100 200 0 0
    5 20 MIN 100 200 25 0
    6 20 MIN 150 300 25 0
    7 20 MIN 200 400 50 20 Minute colour up
    8 25 MIN 300 600 100
    9 25 MIN 500 1000 100 0
    10 25 MIN 800 1600 100 0
    11 25 MIN 1000 2000 100 0
    12 20 MIN 1500 3000 200 0
    13 20 MIN 2000 4000 200 0
    14 20 MIN 3000 6000 200 1 hour dinner and Colour Up Break
    15 20 MIN 4000 8000 500 0
    16 20 MIN 5000 10000 500 0
    17 20 MIN 6000 12000 500 0
    18 20 MIN 8000 16000 1000 0
    19 20 MIN 10000 20000 2000 0
    20 20 MIN 10000 20000 3000 10
    21 20 MIN 10000 20000 4000 0
    22 20 MIN 10000 20000 5000 0
    23 20 MIN 10000 20000 10000 0
  • Awesome blind schedule....

I think this is going to be a great tourney!

Lets get everyone one in so we end up with a few more of these in the future!
  • The satellites will be held at this event as people are knocked out....hopefully we will have a few!!!

know how much these are going to cost? so people know how much money to bring :)
  • I love the blinds - they'll allow lots of play! However, it's showing about 2 1/2 hours between breaks (140 min and 160 min, then nothing till end). Is this a smoking facility, or are there any other breaks (even short ones)? Just curious...
  • TwoThree wrote:
    The satellites will be held at this event as people are knocked out....hopefully we will have a few!!!

know how much these are going to cost? so people know how much money to bring :)

Satellites are going to be 8 people per table at 12 .00 per person. I will explain the way the smoking works when I send out the email. The first break will be at the 2 hour mark, I want to start at 1:00pm. That would mean the second break would be from 5:30 to 6:30 pm making the next break around 8:30 pm. With the goal to be finished around 10- 10:30pm. I can always schedule in a break if need be.

Brent
  • what are the satelights for brent and will you be running staelights for the turny of champions thanks
  • I got to cancel. I am needed at work. Damn it.

My apologies. I wanted to take all that money.
  • Just to let everyone know, I have been sick all day. I will send out the instructions tomorrow night be fore midnight along with an updated list. I believe we are sold out and a waiting will be started. The tell me I might be able to up get a couple of more tables which would mean we could go as high as 128 but that would be it the complete max!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent
  • Brent, e-mailed you 3 names for the tourney on moday. If you didn't get it the names are Darryl C., Kevin F., and Deeter. thanks

Ron S.
  • If there is room I woulsd like to submit the following names from London On.

Jay Simon, Mark Holman, Evan Eames, and Jay Baldwin. I tried to email you a couple times Brent but it kept bouncing back to me.

Cheers
    Court Overgaauw
  • Just got home from work will be update the list shortly and sending out the directions before the end of the night.

Brent