WPT Fallsview 2016 Roll Call

1235»

Comments

• To PocketsTwos, another option is to go with me, DirtArse and the other player you had lunch with at Rama, to WSOP Georgia to take shots at a WSOP championship for as low as $100! :o Our sightseeing hotel in Turkey and airbnb in Tbilisi costs even less than Niagara Falls. We'll get to keep 100% of our winnings with no withholding taxes. And there may even be free vodka in Georgia. :D
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Greg and I leave for WSOPc next Tuesday, and theres still seats on the flight. No better way to spend your winnings than to blow it trying to win a ring!
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    .......a player was multi-tabling two events! I was playing the $550 super satellite while the $2,500 Day 2 was on break, then the manager and a security guard pulled a player off the next table. The multi-tabler was mad and demanded a refund.

That player was on my table on Day 3. We were all laughing at his multi-tabling story...unreal! He said that during the break he had gone over to his super satellite table and managed to triple up his stack during the break. Apparently a dealer had told him that it was okay to multi-table but, in the end the floor super disqualified him. I think he went on the finish in 6th place in the $2500 for 59k right behind Jason 'big bird' Sagle!!
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Yes, I have to agree - bubbling does suck the big hairy meatball. I've bubbled in the past, and it really blew, but not in a tourney the size of that super satty.

Finishing 12 from the money in the $2500 didn't feel great, but bubbling would have been much much worse.

It's nice to see some people on here doing well in these events and getting rewarded for solid play.

Can't wait till next year.

Dear Card Dead,

You and I met for the for the first time back in November at Irunit4times' OAPL basement series for the $1100 seat at Fallsview when Blondefish won the seat. If I recall correctly, the three of us were the last guys battling it out for the seat before I managed to get by and play bf for the seat heads-up, and eventually lost to bf.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I seem to recall a post game discussion with you when you answered my question about playing in the upcoming WPT events at Fallsview and it went along the lines of you stating that you didn't think your game was good enough to play at that level.

Well, dare I say that I think you proved yourself wrong this past weekend!

Great job sir on winning your seat to the $2500 and then going on to make it it to Day 2 and outlast 85% of the field....well done!

I hope to see you at the next WPT.....awesome!

Yours in poker,

pocketstwos

PS And when I saw you a few times throughout the tournament, it sure looked to me that you were thoroughly enjoying kicking everyone's ass!!
  • Updated OP with the results. Card Dead, djgolfcan and I got to take a cheap shot with satellite wins, Toronto Pimp dominated at the Fallsview & Rama cash games, while DirtArse, AnteRiver and last, but not least, PocketsTwos cashed this week. The forum resurgence will probably continue at WSOP Montreal, Playground, Rama, etc.