WPT Fallsview 2016 Roll Call

Comments

• Was at niagara, just arrived at Fallsview and spoke to Buddy.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Was at niagara, just arrived at Fallsview and spoke to Buddy.

This makes for an interesting conversation :p
  • There were 5 satellite tables, a 5/10 PLO, 2 5/10 & the remaining nine were 2/5. I was short-stacked in a satellite for the $1,050 voucher, when I heard somebody shouting my name. I walked back & forth between hands to chat with compuease, and he told me about how naughty his little son, sn1perb0y, has been.

While I was playing another satellite for $1,050, I saw blonde Xuan. When we got 3-handed, the chipleader proposed putting $100 each for the bubble. Since I try to maximize EV when playing poker, I obviously agreed but the other short stack took a long time before finally agreeing.
    sn1perb0y wrote: »
    This makes for an interesting conversation :p
  • I'm in the $550 super satty. $11 charge for purchasing with credit card via fax/email form
  • Say hi to blonde xuan for me. And rarrrr!
  • Say hello yourself by getting your ass down here like compuease. At WPT Fallsview, hellos and entry cards are non-transferable. ;) RFGs Raysa and Jenn will be waiting for you.
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Say hi to blonde xuan for me. And rarrrr!
  • I have a super sat seat for February 18th as well. If I bust in the $2500 I'm planning on playing the WPT ME satellite too....
  • Believe it or not, the $125 and $235 satellites have been ordered not to run, regardless of demand. :rage: When this was done in previous years, it killed the satellites early with empty tables since most satellite players will only play the $125-$245 first and will not buy into the $1,050 and $550 unless they win a voucher. Does anybody have vouchers left besides DrCarl and me?
    If I bust in the $2500 I'm planning on playing the WPT ME satellite too....
    As I posted on Facebook, it's better to buy the $550, $1100 and/or $2500 ASAP IF you don't want to take the risk of them becoming unavailable like the $275 super satellite. I have been told that we will not be penalized if we are still playing in an earlier event such as the $2500.
  • Just sold my $550 voucher.
  • What is the deal with cash games during the tournament? What limits run in the normal poker room and what limits are in the convention centre? When do they start the cash games in the convention center? thanks.
  • This past weekend there was already three 5-10 tables one 10-25 and a couple PLO games. It will only get bigger. I would guess the whole poker room will start at 5-10 with the 2-5 games going downstairs in the banquet hall.

As soon as they start breaking tables they will add cash games in the banquet hall during the $ 1100. There is usually enough room during the 2500 and 5000 to run cash games the whole time.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the $125 and $235 satellites have been ordered not to run, regardless of demand. :rage: When this was done in previous years, it killed the satellites early with empty tables since most satellite players will only play the $125-$245 first and will not buy into the $1,050 and $550 unless they win a voucher. Does anybody have vouchers left besides DrCarl and me?

As I posted on Facebook, it's better to buy the $550, $1100 and/or $2500 ASAP IF you don't want to take the risk of them becoming unavailable like the $275 super satellite. I have been told that we will not be penalized if we are still playing in an earlier event such as the $2500.

What does not being penalized mean? Will you be able to get a refund or transfer it if you are still playing in a tourney when the next one starts? I would have bought a $275 satty ticket if that's the case.
  • I was told I would get a refund if I am still in the $2,500, which is why I bought my $550 super satellite entry card. As I posted on my Facebook, there are less than 94 $550 to be sold.
    TeezNutzAK wrote: »
    What does not being penalized mean? Will you be able to get a refund or transfer it if you are still playing in a tourney when the next one starts? I would have bought a $275 satty ticket if that's the case.
  • Good luck to all Day 1A runners. We'll see you bitches on Day 2.
  • Good luck getting to Niagara this morning if you are playing day 1B. I may head down tonight instead to avoid the morning traffic and all this crappy weather.

See if we break 500 runners for Day 1A.
    I was told I would get a refund if I am still in the $2,500, which is why I bought my $550 super satellite entry card. As I posted on my Facebook, there are less than 94 $550 to be sold.
    That's cool, thanks (and good luck).
  • I'll bet it will go from 480 entries last night to a 600-entry sellout plus alternates.
    JimmyHo wrote: »
    See if we break 500 runners for Day 1A.
    I'll bet it will go from 480 entries last night to a 600-entry sellout plus alternates.

That would be good. I would expect more players for day 1B with the rebuys from day 1.
  • I heard 530 players in Day 1B.
  • Day 1B is currently sold out and they are taking alternates
  • It sold out literally as i was at the cage.

Luckily i ran to the tourney area and grabbed an alt.

Im #5 alt for $1100 B now, how does this work? After 5 people bust i can play? do i just stand around or they call it out? Do they allow entry by order of purchase?

Thanks
  • What's with no updates ? There were 6 or more forumers playing yesterday and not one posted how it went ?
  • trigs wrote: »
    i'm debating on just coming down for cash games.

apparently my free day is the sunday now, so not sure if i'll be heading down for cash games or heading up to brantford for its $330. $2-$5 with (i'm assuming) a $500 buy-in is kind of high for me. idk, we'll see how confident i am that day (or how hung over).
  • Made it to te first break with about 13K. It's a zoo here!
  • Just busted shortly after the dinner break. Was short stacked and called and bigger all-in with 10-10. BB also called and his JJ held. Ah well...
  • Jimmy is going to take this one down.
  • Just after 9pm. Had an up and down day. Played well just lost in coolers and set up hands.

Made one amazing bluff that sent a guy spinning. He got up and walked around for a rew minutes talking to himself.

day one A i busted early and played 10-25 two sessions one before dinner and one after dinner that went till 5:30 am. I was drunk off my ass and managed a 13k win. So freerolling the 5 K on sunday.

Not playing the 2500 cause i have a buddies 50th birthday party on sat.

good seeing Glen here today and good seeing Alex last night at Ponte Vecchio. Hope we weren't to loud in the restaurant..... We were pretty drunk.

good luck to everyone playing the 2500 and the 5000!!
  • Just after 9pm. Had an up and down day. Played well just lost in coolers and set up hands.

Made one amazing bluff that sent a guy spinning. He got up and walked around for a rew minutes talking to himself.

day one A i busted early and played 10-25 two sessions one before dinner and one after dinner that went till 5:30 am. I was drunk off my ass and managed a 13k win. So freerolling the 5 K on sunday.

Not playing the 2500 cause i have a buddies 50th birthday party on sat.

good seeing Glen here today and good seeing Alex last night at Ponte Vecchio. Hope we weren't to loud in the restaurant..... We were pretty drunk.

good luck to everyone playing the 2500 and the 5000!!
    You crazy! Nice session.

Why waste your time playing tourneys?
  • 35,800 bagged and tagged for day 2. Was down to about 6k and peak around 45k.
  • I met with DirtArse to give him US dollars for our upcoming WSOP trip, then met Card Dead to give compuease's Rama ticket for the next forum carpool on February 22. DirtArse played 1B and bagged 109,400. The average for the ~223 entries on Day 2 is 58.3K. The prize pool should be $1,263,910.