WPT Fallsview - up to February 24, 2016

124»

Comments

• I busted out last night second last level of the night.

I played decent but I let this young kid get under my skin. I didn't show it but I wanted to choke him out after the third time he flashed a 4 after re-raising me off a pot heads up. he would re=raise more than the pot and I couldn't call with top pair crappy kicker or with middle pair .

where I went off the rails was in a 3 way pot with this little turd sniffer. I had AK clubs on the button and the turd sniffer raised and got one call before me so I re-raise just under 4x and get 2 callers.

flop comes KsJc3c so I have top pair and the nut flush draw. Turd sniffer bets out almost pot sized bet other guy calls and I jam for just under 22k. Ante was 200 blinds were 600-1200.

Turd sniffer tanks for a couple mins then folds and other guy snap calls with KJ off. board doesn't improve and I am out.

for me that hand was personal, I didn't even consider the other guy in the hand, I just wanted to crush the turd sniffer. I know I still loose the pot if he isn't in the hand but maybe I don't go broke.

HAd Will Faialla to my right for a couple hours. He was funny as hell. 4 or 5 times he had to correct the dealers. They were pretty bad, not regulars from the poker room that I saw on other tables.

Hope Steve and Buddy are still in it.

For sure youre just being results oriented around busting out here, I wouldn't think too much about it. If the hand played out as you stated, even in a HU pot postflop, you should be busting here 100% of the time.

No chance in any scenario you survive this.
  • I had AK clubs on the button and the turd sniffer raised and got one call before me so I re-raise just under 4x and get 2 callers.

just quoting this because it's awesome.

all turd sniffing aside, yeah getting it in there 100%!
  • I agree with you. when the cards get flipped I am still around 45% to win the hand and I don't think a fold is ever the right play there.

Just ticked off about going out like that when I had a way above average stack just after dinner and was making some big folds when I needed too.

On to the next one.
  • Good run Mike, as others have said, we ALL go broke there. Even us nits... as per GTA, even Wetts.. ;)
  • Nice run...good seeing you there!!
  • Will anybody else be at Fallsview on Wednesday noon to watch the WPT ME final six, along with Mike Sexton and the Royal Flush Girls? Ten years ago, I watched Popkorn, Soren Turkewitsch & Jason "Big Bird" Sagle battle it out for the record $1,380,378 tax-free first place money. Tomorrow, Soren will try to be the first-ever player to win the same WPT event twice.

All six finalists are from Ontario: Burlington, Newtonville, Mississauga, Ottawa, London, and TO (North York). 72-year old Robert Forbes is the chipleader. I played with him before including the $550 super satellite we both won, and he reminds me of Glen "Gramps" Witmer who parlayed a satellite then won the last $10K WPT FPC ME for $1,224,852 with zero withholding.

I will try to fill out the feedback form during the long final table so that WPT FPC can continue to improve for next year. Does anybody have any realistic suggestions that Fallsview can do for next year?

Main Tour WPT Fallsview Poker Classic Season 2015-2016 | World Poker Tour
  • But seriously, the lack of communication among the staff there and what they were telling their customers seems to be one of the biggest issues. When I was considering purchasing a card for the main event satellite prior to heading there and not knowing whether or not it would be refundable should I run deep in the overlapping event was a big screw up. They were telling some people one thing, and others another. Eventually they came to their senses and allowed a full refund for the above stated case.

Also, how big of a deal would it be to get some table service during the tournament like at the Montreal WPT events? Wouldn't that just increase their revenue on the event and at the same time provide a service to the players that come to then Falls that they likely take for granted at other WPT stops?

What about the registered massage girls that you see everywhere else and on tv....where the hell are they?

If the players aren't happy, they will eventually say f**** it and stop coming and we won't have events like this near us.
  • I honestly cant think of anything more boring than going to watch a live poker tournament with absolutely no personal sweat. That sounds terrible.
  • The good news is that Fallsview's contract with the WPT has been extended, so WPT FPC will be back for a fourth straight year in February 2017. :wav:
    I'm guessing the satellites will start in November again.
    Does anybody have any realistic suggestions that Fallsview can do for next year?
  • After poker room renovations with nice TV screens in the fall, then hell froze over when electronics were allowed on the table, even the WPT FPC improved from 2014. The next sign of the Apocalypse is that Fallsview will finally join the major poker rooms in North America in being on Bravo Poker Live. 985b7cb439f0ea642618f1d249fb0468.jpg

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
  • well that is some pretty great news, nice!