The Fantasy Football Thread

124»

Comments

• actyper wrote: »
    I started rivers, got me 0.87. Got crushed by the last place team

In my league Rivers was worth NEGATIVE 0.80. Meaning I could have started no one and done better. I mean, I expected him to have a sub-par game, but to me that meant 12-15pts.

I am also playing a terrible team. Currently losing 52-62 (!) and I have two guys active (Moncrief and Vinatieri) to his Bradshaw and Randle. Since Moncrief is basically getting no looks, I'm pretty much done. With 3 of my top players on bye and with no QB points I shouldn't even be this close.

The only good news for the week is that I should end up winning 6 of 7 DFS contests on DraftKings. * Not sure why but my daily games tend to run opposite of my season long team.

I say 'should win' because I need Randle to get .04 more points to get the 6th win which he so far hasn't managed to do in the whole 3rd quarter!

*affiliate link
  • My team currently:

QB - Weeden
    QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Murray
    RB - Forsett
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Benjamin
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Decker
    DST - Lions
    Kicker - Nugent

Bench: Romo, Cleveland D, Garcon, Fred Jackson

Planning on dropping Nugent to grab Mason Crosby again. Dropping Cleveland D for AP (some reports are coming up saying he might be available to play in fantasy playoffs). Might put in a bid for Sanchez dropping Weeden.
  • My team currently:

QB - Weeden
    QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Murray
    RB - Forsett
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Benjamin
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Decker
    DST - Lions
    Kicker - Nugent

Bench: Romo, Cleveland D, Garcon, Fred Jackson

Planning on dropping Nugent to grab Mason Crosby again. Dropping Cleveland D for AP (some reports are coming up saying he might be available to play in fantasy playoffs). Might put in a bid for Sanchez dropping Weeden.

I think you are wasting a spot on AP, I highly doubt he plays again this season. I think you'd be better off picking up Joseph Randle in case Murray gets hurt - note that right now you have nobody to play in case of injury to either of your RBs.
    I think Sanchez would be an upgrade to Weeden, but then again so would almost every quarterback in the league.
  • Lol I just traded for McKinnon this am, then this ap news breaks and now there's a chance. Fml

DK contests. Double ups or others? That's pretty sick 6/7
    Lol I just traded for McKinnon this am, then this ap news breaks and now there's a chance. Fml

DK contests. Double ups or others? That's pretty sick 6/7

AP still has to get cleared by the league, THEN the Vikings have to be ok taking the PR/Sponsor hit of actually playing him.

5 of my matches were Headsup, one was a 50/50. The only one I didn't cash in was the large field tourney. Makes me wish I was playing higher stakes.
  • The Vikings won't bring AP back IMO, nothing positive can come out of it and Asiata/McKinnon are doing just fine.

With the trade deadline past, I doubt we see him this year, and he gets dealt in the offseason.
  • So the guy in first place dropped heavy for AP and got him.

I ended up picking up Tre Mason and Josh McCown, both of whom I'm not overly excited about.

What do you guys think of a Jeffery for Mike Wallace trade? Their playoff schedules look like this:

Jeffery - vs Dal, vs NO, vs Det
    Wallace - vs Bal, @NE, vs Min
  • Adrian Peterson is now suspended for the rest of the season, though I am sure he will appeal. Still pretty unlikely he sees the field this year.

So yesterday I was on the cusp of locking up a playoff spot, playing against a 3-7 team. I went in down two but with Sankey and the Pittsburgh defense to go. Started off great as each of them had a TD in the first 10 minutes. Then my opponents last player - Le'Veon Bell, just kept getting handed the ball. Over and over and over and over and... sigh.
  • Tilted I dropped mike Evans early in the season after drafting him late. In my league you lose keeper status when he hits the waiver. Might be the best we in a couple years
  • I traded Brandon Marshal for Lveon Bell and Im making out like a bandit.

No more Blount hawking his goalines either!
  • Any advice for me? I need to make a pickup for this week.

Non-PPR. Kelvin and Martavis Bryant on Bye means I have a hole in my roster at W/T (we don't need to play a TE)

Which of these FA should I pick up? Would you lean towards one of the TEs or one of the WRs?

Options include:

Decker @ Buffalo
    James Jones vs KC
    Baldwin vs Arizona
    Harry Douglas vs Cleveland
    Colston vs Baltimore
    Hogan vs. Jets

Coby Fleener vs Jacksonville
    A. S-J @ Chicago (I am likely streaming McCown this week also)
    L. Donnell vs Dallas
    Charles Clay @ Denver

There are obviously a bunch more options but those ones are sort of a shortlist. I'm kind of leaning towards going with ASJ just because Chicago's defense is particularly terrible vs TEs but Fleener had a big week last week and is up against Jax.

Any advice or other options?

Thanks!
  • Fleener. They also have no running game anymore
  • I have picked up Fleener, as the matchup is very good and as you say they have no running game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Odell Beckham Jr. is on my team and he just did this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fGmj1hFTO2k
  • Big Mike wrote: »
    I have picked up Fleener, as the matchup is very good and as you say they have no running game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucked balls. Oh well other than Colston I think they all did didn't they lol
    Sucked balls. Oh well other than Colston I think they all did didn't they lol

Yeah they pretty much all weren't very good. I actually changed my mind and went to Decker at the last minute. He wasn't good but scored 6.3pts.

Didn't matter anyway, as I had scored 94 points and secured victory even before Monday night's games - when I still had Orton (24.5pts) and Decker left to play!

This glorious victory clinched me a playoff spot and leaves me in 2nd place. A win in week 13 and I'll be in 1st or 2nd and in possession of a critical first round bye.
  • alright.....sem-final time....and I have a tough match in a 2 QB PPR league:

Me: / Villain:
    QB
    Brees / Rivers
    Rothlisberger / Rodgers

RB:
    Charles / Murray

Receivers:
    Smith Sr / E. Sanders
    J. Nelson / A. Brown
    TY Hilton / R. Cobb

TE:
    Gates / J. Graham

Flex:
    Blount / A. Foster
    S. Watkins / L. Bell

Mentionable Bench:
    D. Herron
    J. Flacco
    C. Johnson (Vik WR)

Now, is there any chance for a miracle win by me?

If so, how? (fix my roster)

really have no idea how he has such a rediculously stacked team
  • I'm going against seed 1 who has rogers, l bell, d Murray, gronk

I need a miracle too. Which in my case is stl DST. Go rams
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    alright.....sem-final time....and I have a tough match in a 2 QB PPR league:

Me: / Villain:
    QB
    Brees / Rivers
    Rothlisberger / Rodgers

RB:
    Charles / Murray

Receivers:
    Smith Sr / E. Sanders
    J. Nelson / A. Brown
    TY Hilton / R. Cobb

TE:
    Gates / J. Graham

Flex:
    Blount / A. Foster
    S. Watkins / L. Bell

Mentionable Bench:
    D. Herron
    J. Flacco
    C. Johnson (Vik WR)

Now, is there any chance for a miracle win by me?

If so, how? (fix my roster)

really have no idea how he has such a rediculously stacked team

Omg. That team is insane. Wow.

I'd probably play Herron over Watkins and then close my eyes and pray.
  • My semifinal matchup:

QB: Romo, Roethlisberger
    RB: Murray, Forsett
    WR: Jeffery, Benjamin
    TE: Thomas
    Flex: F.Jackson
    Kicker: Crosby
    DST: Detroit

vs

QB: Manning, Luck
    RB: C.J. Anderson, Blount
    WR: Hilton, OBJ
    TE: Graham
    Flex: Josh Gordon
    Kicker: Gostkowski
    DST: Seattle

Projected: 141.44 - 149.50
    I need a miracle too. Which in my case is stl DST. Go rams

gg
  • My semifinal matchup:

QB: Romo, Roethlisberger
    RB: Murray, Forsett
    WR: Jeffery, Benjamin
    TE: Thomas
    Flex: F.Jackson
    Kicker: Crosby
    DST: Detroit

vs

QB: Manning, Luck
    RB: C.J. Anderson, Blount
    WR: Hilton, OBJ
    TE: Graham
    Flex: Josh Gordon
    Kicker: Gostkowski
    DST: Seattle

Projected: 141.44 - 149.50

I like ur chances, as long as Thomas actually plays some snaps this week. Think Benjamin has a big week for you.
  • I need Jeffery to outscore Graham by 8 points today. Wish me luck.
  • I need Jeffery to outscore Graham by 8 points today. Wish me luck.

Good luck! I think you have a pretty good chance, actually.
  • I needed 2 points out of last nights game, with villain fully booked and the hero with Shady McCoy.

Eagles have the ball on the 1yd line on 3 unique possessions and go Polk/Polk/Sproles.

FML.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I needed 2 points out of last nights game, with villain fully booked and the hero with Shady McCoy.

Eagles have the ball on the 1yd line on 3 unique possessions and go Polk/Polk/Sproles.

FML.

I'm the other kind.

In my big money league I thought I was screwed when Charles posted 5 points. He had a 40 point lead with McCoy and I had Murray and Romo with Graham going tonight. Shock of shocks, all I need is 1 point from Graham and I'm in the finals for the 2nd straight year.

In my mid money league I earned a finals berth thanks to another stellar performance from Le'veon Bell and OMG ODB Beckham.
  • First half no good. Cutler looks terrible.
  • I ended up needing Brees to outpoint Graham by 55 to win.......needless to say....outski

Still going strong in my accumulative point league, sitting 2nd riding Charles and Bell hopefully to the promised land.....more money in this one anyhow.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    I ended up needing Brees to outpoint Graham by 55 to win.......needless to say....outski

Still going strong in my accumulative point league, sitting 2nd riding Charles and Bell hopefully to the promised land.....more money in this one anyhow.

Yea, same. Cumulative points leagues are so much more satisfying than the H2H leagues. As an example: My team of:

Romo
    McCoy
    L Bell
    Jordy
    Antonio B
    TY Hilton

Lost to:

Brady
    Jonas Gray
    Jonathan Stewart
    Gronk
    Torrey Smith