The Fantasy Football Thread

Comments

• A tip for those in tight end mandatory leagues (especially deep leagues). Don't be late for the Austin Seferian-Jenkins train leaving the station this week after a short injury delay.
  • I was actually thinking of playing Welker and Tate and benching Garcon this week against Seahawks. You'd still play Garcon vs Seahawks?

Trades available to me are:
    - Welker for Mackinnon
    - Garcon for Ben Tate
    - Cousins/Davis for Benjamin/Bridgewater

I'll probably take the third one even though it doesn't help my RB situation.

Considering a would take Benjamin straight up I would def do that deal. Now flip weaker and locker for a rb2/3 and you're set. Nothing wrong with flexing wr this year, they're more consistent than rbs so far
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    OK....I've probably completely phucked myself.....but below is my new team....traded Cruz for Orton (playing instead of Manuel for Buffalo going forward

I hope they used lube.
  • Sankey-2pts
    Fitzgerald-5pts

I'm currently up by one point, he has Morris, I have Garçon...and that weird feeling you get before you puke.
  • Puking is watching your opponent getting 21 points from their kicker
  • With Ball, Moreno, Rice out I'm really weak at Running Back...I have to pick someone up and play them this week.

My waiver wire options are in the pic below, but I had to make some changes last week and with a few other guys hurting at RB as well, the top waiver pics are prob. a longshot.

waiver.jpg
  • Kristy wrote: »
    With Ball, Moreno, Rice out I'm really weak at Running Back...I have to pick someone up and play them this week.

My waiver wire options are in the pic below, but I had to make some changes last week and with a few other guys hurting at RB as well, the top waiver pics are prob. a longshot.

waiver.jpg

I think I'd be happy with any of the top 3 (Oliver, Williams, Forsett). Distant 4th would be Hillman.
  • I think I'd be happy with any of the top 3 (Oliver, Williams, Forsett). Distant 4th would be Hillman.

Forsett is playing in a healthy 3RB, so not ideal.

Id keep an eye on Oliver and Wiliams.

Jennings is hurt for NY and Williams has been eating touches the last 2 weeks. I know. I have Jennings.

The best play is Oliver vs. Oak if Brown is still out. That guy went crazy last week.
  • My waiver priority is Williams, Oliver, Hillman

For just week 6 I would go Oliver as #1

Forsett shouldn't really be on waivers tho, none of these guys should after wed
  • How long do I hang on to a handcuff? I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with Knile Davis. I've tried to throw him into a bunch of trades with Charles owner and also tried to trade for Charles and really not making much headway. Should I just drop and pick up a Williams/Hillman? I like Hillman the best for being possibly someone that'll be playing the whole season while the others (Williams/Oliver) likely lose their jobs once the starters come back from injury.

Fwiw, I'm 4-1 so I don't mind picking up people that might not produce now if they'll help me for playoffs.
  • How long do I hang on to a handcuff? I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with Knile Davis. I've tried to throw him into a bunch of trades with Charles owner and also tried to trade for Charles and really not making much headway. Should I just drop and pick up a Williams/Hillman? I like Hillman the best for being possibly someone that'll be playing the whole season while the others (Williams/Oliver) likely lose their jobs once the starters come back from injury.

Fwiw, I'm 4-1 so I don't mind picking up people that might not produce now if they'll help me for playoffs.

It depends if you see anyone being an improvement over Davis in terms of cracking your lineup. If Davis is starting for you now, drop him. If he's on your bench, keep him.

I always get the feeling that Jamaal Charles is just about to go down for the season, and Davis becomes a beast.
  • If thats your team on page 1, stacked at RB with Lacy and Murray. You definately need some backups though, Murray gets injured once a year. Hillman prob your best bet, but get rid of Paul, Thomas already had his bye.
  • actyper wrote: »
    If thats your team on page 1, stacked at RB with Lacy and Murray. You definately need some backups though, Murray gets injured once a year. Hillman prob your best bet, but get rid of Paul, Thomas already had his bye.

Dumped Paul for Locker last week. I've got 4 qbs which is kind of excessive but Cousins looked terrible last week and I panicked.

Have bids on Hillman, Williams, and Oliver (in that order) for Davis right now. If I don't get any of them, I'll just stash Davis for the time being. If whoever I end up getting doesn't pan out, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to pick Davis back up again next week given that KC is on bye and his value's not going to change much.
  • I only got Forsett, and I have to use him.
    :shrug:
  • Line up this week:

QB - Locker (or Cousins if Locker out)
    QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Murray
    RB - Lacy
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Tate
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Garcon
    DST - Lions
    Kicker - Crosby

Bench: Welker, Romo, Cousins, Panthers

Didn't get any of the rbs I wanted. Dropped Davis for Lions D (playing Vikings).

After shopping around Welker and not getting any interest, I'm wondering if he might be droppable. I'll probably keep him until week 9 and then dump him if not able to trade him.
  • I got Oliver with waiver 3 so I'm happy. Picked up cj Anderson as well just in case.

I typically don't play as cute, romo vs Seattle I'm still starting over those 2. I had panthers earlier this season, they just aren't the same without hardy. I would have dropped them over Davis. I keep Davis over welker as well. I actually don't think there's a def worth holding this year, even Seattle has been shit.
  • Week6.jpg

Here's my line up this week. I'm projected 131, (Which is unreasonably high imo) my opponent 132. Any thoughts IYO?
  • Keep an eye on Moreno. If playing I play him. If graham doesn't play I play cooks. I dunno if I still keep rice
  • actyper wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Moreno. If playing I play him. If graham doesn't play I play cooks. I dunno if I still keep rice

I'd also play Moreno too as long as there aren't any red flags from the practice reports. Cooks on bye.

I'd assume Rice isn't really occupying an active bench spot or anything.
  • Moreno is the toughest call for me this week. He's back a week earlier than originally thought after an initial cocky comment about getting back out there sooner than expected. He's practicing a bit and with a big brace.
    But week 1, tho
  • Just checked...he's actually returning TWO weeks early.
  • Some dude dropped Peterson in my league.

This is worth a pickup, no?
  • No. He won't be with the Vikings much longer...he was traded to the twins

They needed a switch hitter.
  • Tip your server, and try the veal! :)
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Some dude dropped Peterson in my league.

This is worth a pickup, no?

He was dropped weeks ago in my league. I've thought about picking him up too but nothing I've read seems to indicate he's going to be playing again this season.
    BxYNi_FCQAANpPj.jpg
    Kristy wrote: »
    Bump 4 "I wish I coulda known I'd be playing my husband week 4 when I decided to rip the bye-week-bandaid off quickly"

I'm never gonna hear the end of this.

play-football-they-said_o_826725.jpg
    it was very wrong of me to ask for advice without offering payment please accept this video about nachos and friendship

Husband animates joke about tortilla chips told by his drunk wife - YouTube

Their projections are pretty much the opposite of what I'd expect--posted highest to lowest.
    No. He won't be with the Vikings much longer...he was traded to the twins

They needed a switch hitter.

Long_Tumbleweed.jpg
  • Does Shonn Green's hamstring injury move Bishop Sankey off my bench IYO?

If yes, who do I sit? Fitzgerald or K. Wright?
    Does Shonn Green's hamstring injury move Bishop Sankey off my bench IYO?

If yes, who do I sit? Fitzgerald or K. Wright?

Greene is out, Sankey looks like a great start. Tough call on who to sit though.
  • Coin flip who to sit wright or fitz imo
  • I really like my team this week, would like it even more with AJ not injured

Qb M. Ryan
    Qb C. kapernick
    Rb B.Tate
    Rb J. bell
    Wr D. Bryant
    Wr M. Floyd
    Wr S. Watkins
    TE J. Cameron
    Flex B. Oliver
    K C. Parkey
    DST Denver

AJ Green