The Fantasy Football Thread

Comments

• I'm getting crushed by a guy who benched Cam Newton for Flacco. Dude is looking like a genius.
  • lol it's like were playing the same guy. Exact same, benched newton playing Flacco.
  • That was a nerve wracking win. Was up 27 points while having to fade his SF kicker/defense. Pick 6 at the end brought him to within 1.2 points and then had to sweat Davis hurling it downfield for the last 50 seconds of the game. All good though. Now 5-1.
  • I'm getting crushed by a guy who benched Cam Newton for Flacco. Dude is looking like a genius.

I had to play the dude that had Flacco as back up to Drew Brees who was on a bye. Incidentally my team name is Flacco Seagulls. Obv Flacco goes off for 44 pts. Luckily I have Cam Newton and he reels off 39 for me and with a nice 22 pt performance from Demarco Murray I go to 6-1.
  • Just traded Kap (3) and Ryan (4) for Rivers (6) and Russ Wilson (4). 2qb keeper league with draft rounds in brackets. Was so high on Ryan but his oline has gone to shit.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Just traded Kap (3) and Ryan (4) for Rivers (6) and Russ Wilson (4). 2qb keeper league with draft rounds in brackets. Was so high on Ryan but his oline has gone to shit.

I don't know much about strategy for keeper leagues but I think you definitely win the trade for this season anyway.
  • Omg! The Kristy Running Back curse of 2014 continues with Knowshon's torn ACL after premature return from elbow.

So far from my original draft:
    Ray Rice/sspd
    Ball O/groin
    Danny woodhead IR
    Knowshon

Sankey underperforming
    Cj Anderson dropped week 2

And Forte. If you have him… You should probably trade him now before the curse gets him too
  • Team as currently constructed:

QB - Romo
    QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Murray
    RB - Lacy
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Tate
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Garcon
    DST - Lions
    Kicker - Crosby

Bench: Cousins, Locker, Randle, Buffalo D

Trade I'm entertaining: Locker/Buffalo/Tate for Megatron/Ingram

Obviously dropping Cousins for whoever I can grab off waivers.
  • Thats a steal if you get that
  • Dumb question:
    I got my first tie last night, in a very tight league. Presuming that no one else ties… Will I then be in a category alone with my oppt. as far as points for/points against go, or am I still competing against all those with the same number of wins?

I just got slaughtered for the first three weeks… With injuries and over projections/under performances… it was truly dismal.
    I have recovered now and have a team that I feel really good about… the tie was against the only guy who's not stuck in the 3/4--4/3 middle with ~7 of us, but I am damn near lowest in the league PF, overall.

If I win next week as I should, and ties set me apart, I will be 3 or 4 in standings.
    If only wins matter I will be back of the pack, and still have a much more uphill battle on account of Points For.

Written pre-coffee..I hope that makes sense?
  • Kristy wrote: »
    Dumb question:
    I got my first tie last night, in a very tight league. Presuming that no one else ties… Will I then be in a category alone with my oppt. as far as points for/points against go, or am I still competing against all those with the same number of wins?

I just got slaughtered for the first three weeks… With injuries and over projections/under performances… it was truly dismal.
    I have recovered now and have a team that I feel really good about… the tie was against the only guy who's not stuck in the 3/4--4/3 middle with ~7 of us, but I am damn near lowest in the league PF, overall.

If I win next week as I should, and ties set me apart, I will be 3 or 4 in standings.
    If only wins matter I will be back of the pack, and still have a much more uphill battle on account of Points For.

Written pre-coffee..I hope that makes sense?

I would think a tie would be worth more than a loss. So if you went 7-5-1 and someone went 7-6, you would be ahead of them in ranking.
  • Team as currently constructed:

QB - Romo
    QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Murray
    RB - Lacy
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Tate
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Garcon
    DST - Lions
    Kicker - Crosby

Bench: Cousins, Locker, Randle, Buffalo D

Trade I'm entertaining: Locker/Buffalo/Tate for Megatron/Ingram

Obviously dropping Cousins for whoever I can grab off waivers.

That other trade fell through. Just traded Tate/Lacy for Forsett/Benjamin. Picked up Decker for Cousins.
  • That other trade fell through. Just traded Tate/Lacy for Forsett/Benjamin. Picked up Decker for Cousins.

This is an excellent trade. Lacy needs volume and in committee he doesn't get it enough. Benjamin has serious upside and - importantly - has great matchups in the fantasy playoff weeks.
  • Big Mike wrote: »
    This is an excellent trade. Lacy needs volume and in committee he doesn't get it enough. Benjamin has serious upside and - importantly - has great matchups in the fantasy playoff weeks.
    Decker was on your waiver wire? What's wrong with the other owners in your league?

Yeah, from what I see, Lacy losing touches while Forsett getting more. Tate's value goes down with Megatron back. Benjamin/Forsett have better playoff schedules. I'm pretty much a lock for playoffs now so just trying to build a roster for playoffs. The next think I'm looking to do is somehow trade Jeffery and upgrade my WR1 spot.

Decker was dropped a couple of weeks ago but I don't think it's that big of a deal. 10 team league with 2rb, 2 wr and a flex. I picked him up because I need a wr for my week 9 byes. Unless he crushes the next two weeks, I'll probably drop him in week 10.
  • The next think I'm looking to do is somehow trade Jeffery and upgrade my WR1 spot.
    Main trade I'm trying to set up is Jeffery for Josh Gordon to an owner who's 3-4 and has two tough match-ups this week and next week. Don't know if this is too risky or not.

• Decker was dropped a couple of weeks ago but I don't think it's that big of a deal. 10 team league with 2rb, 2 wr and a flex. I picked him up because I need a wr for my week 9 byes. Unless he crushes the next two weeks, I'll probably drop him in week 10.

Yeah, I edited my original post there already because I reconsidered my position. He's a good WR but with his injury this year he was definitely only borderline startable. Especially in a 10 teamer. My league is 12 teams and I've got him on my bench, I'll be needing him week 9 too but haven't played him much.
  • Main trade I'm trying to set up is Jeffery for Josh Gordon to an owner who's 3-4 and has two tough match-ups this week and next week. Don't know if this is too risky or not.

I think it IS very risky, especially because Cleveland is very run-first on offense, and we're talking about a guy who hasn't played all year. But I still think it would be a good move for the playoffs. Gordon is a free agent in my league, I think you've inspired me to pick him up.
  • any other idiots leave Roethlesberger on the bench?
  • I don't own him, but I don't blame anyone who didn't start him. Colts Defense has been pretty good and Ben hadn't been producing the past few games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    any other idiots leave Roethlesberger on the bench?

Present.
  • Lost both Cousins and Locker so had to play Ben and he has nearly saved my week. I was projected at 8% to win this week going into that game and now I'm 43%. I need Romo, Murray and Garcon to outscore Terrance Williams by 41 points.
  • Lost both Cousins and Locker so had to play Ben and he has nearly saved my week. I was projected at 8% to win this week going into that game and now I'm 99%. I need Romo, Murray and Garcon to outscore Terrance Williams by 41 points.

fyp
  • Kristy wrote: »
    Present.

Yeah, I'm going to win this week as well (barring a Dallas kicking getting 40), but this league is a 2 QB, started Brees (no-brainer) and fricking Flacco. Turned out to be a 55 point error.

Fortunately I share management of this team with a buddy, and it was his week to put in lineup. Obv he's close to the bottom in my total points league.
  • I'm going to get smoked by like 40. His RB trio of Foster Ingram and Hillman vs my Tate J Bell Oliver. Absolutely crushed. One guy in my league also going to break the 200 mark with D Murray still to go tonight, going to win by 100 lol
  • Wow, if I ever manage to break 200 I'm screen-capturing and making it into a fake Christmas card...which I will send to my opponent every year.
    I'm going to get smoked by like 40. His RB trio of Foster Ingram and Hillman vs my Tate J Bell Oliver. Absolutely crushed. One guy in my league also going to break the 200 mark with D Murray still to go tonight, going to win by 100 lol

I have to assume this is PPR - half or full point? Even in full point, breaking 200 is very impressive.
    If it's a standard league, then...wow.
  • Std league 2 qb 3wr plus flex tho

Rogers
    Palmer
    Murray
    L bell
    J Jones
    A jeffrey
    Maclin
    Gronk
    L miller
    Parkey
    Miami

Finished with 212. Highest I've seen in 4 years playing this 10 teamer
    Std league 2 qb 3wr plus flex tho

Rogers
    Palmer
    Murray
    L bell
    J Jones
    A jeffrey
    Maclin
    Gronk
    L miller
    Parkey
    Miami

Finished with 212. Highest I've seen in 4 years playing this 10 teamer

Nice....I hit 201 this week (best total this year) despite starting Austin Davis over Orton....and I finished 4th on the week.....some absurd numbers last week. We have 3 defensive positions as well.
  • Brutal week for my accumulative point league, my best performer (when comparing actual to projected) was a whopping 0.47 points over his projected, and Foles goes down to boot.

This puts me in a distant 3rd place, over 100 points behind top 2.

Everyone is on the trade block.....fml
  • I started rivers, got me 0.87. Got crushed by the last place team