The Fantasy Football Thread

Comments

• So, my Yankee husband was one short last year and forced me to play...
    I rewarded his attempt at marital-togetherness by winning the league, taking his--and his friend's--money.

And then proceeded to describe the lovely throw pillows I bought with it in great detail to them all.

I am going to consider my terrible record, and injury list, so far this year as a karmic balance adjustment.

Anyone wanna post our rosters and talk trash?
    It'll be easy for you...I still have Ray Rice on my bench. :/
  • I'm in a 12 person FFB keeper league that some friends and I have been running for 16 years now. My current team is as follows:
    QB - Drew Brees (NO)
    RB - Chris Johnson (NYJ)
    RB - Andre Ellington (ARI)
    WR - AJ Green (CIN)
    WR - Julio Jones (ATL)
    TE - Niles Paul (WAS)
    Flex - Jeremy Hill (CIN)
    DEF - Broncos

Bench
    QB - EJ Manuel (BUF)
    WR - Greg Jennings (MIN)
    WR - Cecil Shorts (JAX)
    RB - Carlos Hyde (SF)
    RB - Jonathan Grimes (HOU)
    RB - Joe McKnight (KC)
    DEF - LIONS

I've been fortunate enough to have Brees since he first got to New Orleans through some savy trading on my part. I also lucked out with two picks in our first round the year that Jones and Green came into the league and snagged both of them. Unfortunately, with 12 teams and 15 player rosters along with 6 keepers per year, our annual draft is mostly gambling on rookies and the odd capable veteran from a bloated team that couldn't protect him.
    I only need a backup QB for Brees' bye week so i'm not worried about Manuel as my backup. He's more of a placeholder. If a better QB is available on Brees' bye week, I'll pick them up. With the exception of Jennings and Shorts, my bench is mostly rookies I'm hoping might breakout. My TE went down last night so I'll have to plug some random free agent in there which is normally the case for my team as I don't have Jimmy Graham, Gronkowski or Julius Thomas. The rest are fairly interchangeable IMO.
    There, that's my FFB nerd out. I don't have much in the way of trash talk since I 1) respect Kristy too much (except when she plays A10o) and 2) I have no idea who else you have other than Ray "Right Hook" Rice.
  • This is literally my worst Fantasy Football week/season yet...

I'm going to post my Line-up exactly as playing right now with ESPN projections for max LOLs. Of course, I'm playing GW...so I will never live this horror down.

QB C. Kaepernick (SF) 19
    RB M. Forte (CHI) 18
    RB C. Hyde (SF) 9
    WR D. Bryant (DAL) 15
    WR P. Garcon (WSH)13/2
    WR B. Cooks (NO) 13
    TE C. Clay (MIA) 3
    FLEX B. Sankey (TEN) 4
    D/ST Chargers 11
    K G. Gano (CAR) 13

Bench

RB M. Ball (DEN) BYE
    WR L. Fitzgerald (ARI) BYE
    TE J. Cameron (CLE) BYE
    RB K. Moreno (MIA) 0-out
    QB. B. Routhlisberger (PIT) 16
    D/ST Rams BYE
    RB R. Rice (FA) -FML

Std 10 person league, I've already dropped C.J. Anderson (le sigh) and Danny Woodhead (IR) from my original draft.
  • 10 team 2QB league.

QB - Romo
    QB - Cousins
    RB - Murray
    RB - Lacy
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Garcon
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Welker
    DST - Panthers
    Kicker - Crosby

Bench: Golden Tate, Knile Davis, Niles Paul, Roethlisberger

Drafted Ingram and Ben Tate who I've both dropped because of injuries. Probably going to look at picking back up one (Ingram) or both of them.

Trade offers I have out right now:
    - Jeffery, Davis and Roethlisberger to a Jamaal Charles owner for Bridgewater, Julio Jones and Keenan Allen
    - Lacy, Welker for Bell
  • 10 team 2QB league.

QB - Romo
    QB - Cousins
    RB - Murray
    RB - Lacy
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Garcon
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Welker
    DST - Panthers
    Kicker - Crosby

Bench: Golden Tate, Knile Davis, Niles Paul, Roethlisberger

Drafted Ingram and Ben Tate who I've both dropped because of injuries. Probably going to look at picking back up one (Ingram) or both of them.

Trade offers I have out right now:
    - Jeffery, Davis and Roethlisberger to a Jamaal Charles owner for Bridgewater, Julio Jones and Keenan Allen
    - Lacy, Welker for Bell

Wow, and I thought I had it bad this week...this is a safe place, you can be honest, did you puke last night?

Why is Romo>>Roethlisberger this week IYO?
  • Kristy wrote: »
    Wow, and I thought I had it bad this week...this is a safe place, you can be honest, did you puke last night?

Why is Romo>>Roethlisberger this week IYO?

My lineup this week with byes is:

QB: Romo
    QB: Cousins
    RB: Murray
    RB: Lacy
    WR: Garcon
    WR: Jeffery
    TE: Paul
    Flex: Tate
    DST: Panthers
    Kicker: Crosby

Yeah. I had a lot of Redskins. Yeah. It was painful. :( Paul was doing pretty decent before he got injured.

Haven't fully committed to Romo over Roethlisberger but mainly leaning towards Romo because I think game is going to be high scoring.
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    I'm in a 12 person FFB keeper league that some friends and I have been running for 16 years now. My current team is as follows:
    QB - Drew Brees (NO)
    RB - Chris Johnson (NYJ)
    RB - Andre Ellington (ARI)
    WR - AJ Green (CIN)
    WR - Julio Jones (ATL)
    TE - Niles Paul (WAS)
    Flex - Jeremy Hill (CIN)
    DEF - Broncos

Bench
    QB - EJ Manuel (BUF)
    WR - Greg Jennings (MIN)
    WR - Cecil Shorts (JAX)
    RB - Carlos Hyde (SF)
    RB - Jonathan Grimes (HOU)
    RB - Joe McKnight (KC)
    DEF - LIONS

I've been fortunate enough to have Brees since he first got to New Orleans through some savy trading on my part. I also lucked out with two picks in our first round the year that Jones and Green came into the league and snagged both of them. Unfortunately, with 12 teams and 15 player rosters along with 6 keepers per year, our annual draft is mostly gambling on rookies and the odd capable veteran from a bloated team that couldn't protect him.
    I only need a backup QB for Brees' bye week so i'm not worried about Manuel as my backup. He's more of a placeholder. If a better QB is available on Brees' bye week, I'll pick them up. With the exception of Jennings and Shorts, my bench is mostly rookies I'm hoping might breakout. My TE went down last night so I'll have to plug some random free agent in there which is normally the case for my team as I don't have Jimmy Graham, Gronkowski or Julius Thomas. The rest are fairly interchangeable IMO.
    There, that's my FFB nerd out. I don't have much in the way of trash talk since I 1) respect Kristy too much (except when she plays A10o) and 2) I have no idea who else you have other than Ray "Right Hook" Rice.

I've been wanting to try to start a keeper league; it seems like a whole new challenge.
    Niles Paul, at least one week...if your league's anything like mine, gl with a replacement.

GW and I have a longstanding joke about Cecil Shorts..he's had him both years and EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. he has to play him-- he does nothing. He is the pat answer for "Who should I play"....'cause we're dicks, and try to never offer any real support or help to each other.

Just so we're clear..was it Ax10 HEARTS...cuz the 10h is bloody magical.
  • 2qb keeper

Qb M. Ryan
    Qb C. kapernick
    Rb S. vereen
    Rb J. bell
    Wr D. Bryant
    Wr C. Patterson
    Wr S. Watkins
    TE M. Bennett
    Flex T. Gerhart
    K C. Parkey
    DST Carolina

B. Tate
    AJ Green
    J. Hill
    K. Davis
    J. Cameron
    B. Bortles

1-2 so far. Zero rb strategy good 2 of the 3 weeks. Flipped Torrey smith for Gerhart.
  • QB - Romo
    RB - McCoy
    RB - Jennings
    WR - A Brown
    WR - Marshall
    WR - Nelson
    DST Bengals
    K - Bryant

Bench -
    Manuel
    RG3
    Garcon
    TY Hilton
    McFadden
    Dea Williams
    James Jones

This is not a H2H league, its a cumulative season points league.

Hate Romo.
  • Bump 4 "I wish I coulda known I'd be playing my husband week 4 when I decided to rip the bye-week-bandaid off quickly"

I'm never gonna hear the end of this.

play-football-they-said_o_826725.jpg
  • What are the rules to the Fantasy Football?
  • There are lots of variations, but the one I'm playing in is like this

Scoring Settings for Standard Leagues - ESPN
  • In a 12 team accumulative point non keeper 2 QB league.

QB: Foles 17.7
    Manuel 12.08
    WR: Nelson 15.06
    Edelman 13.67
    Cruz 10.23
    RB: L. Bell 17.05
    Charles 15.26
    TE: Thomas 15.26
    Flex: S. Watkins 10.07

Bench:

Carr (QB Oak) just dropped as he was injured
    D. Brown (RB SD) 14.38
    N. Paul (TE Skins) 9.55
    S. Ridley (RB Pats) 10.01
    G. Jennings (WR Min) 10.56
    J. Matthews (WR Pha) 5.42

Obviously I've got huge QB issues going forward with Carr getting injured, and Manual losing his starting job to Orton. The only way I'm getting another QB is likely by injury to a starter, or by trade (as it's a 12 team 2QB league, most guys try to have 3).

Any sleeper QB's that might get in down the road would be nice.
  • Kyle orton ftw lol
  • actyper wrote: »
    Kyle orton ftw lol

problem is, I'm sitting 3rd, and someone higher on the waver wire will snap him up for sure.....if not for anything than to phuck me....we're pretty cutthroat
  • Bishop Sankey, Jarius Wright, or Larry Fitzgerald for flex... Thoughts?
  • it was very wrong of me to ask for advice without offering payment please accept this video about nachos and friendship

Husband animates joke about tortilla chips told by his drunk wife - YouTube

Their projections are pretty much the opposite of what I'd expect--posted highest to lowest.
    Bishop Sankey, Jarius Wright, or Larry Fitzgerald for flex... Thoughts?

I would go with Sankey but I am by no means an ffb expert. Generally prefer RBs in my flex over WRs.
  • Awesome. That's who I have in.
    I'm still super-new, so these decisions plague me.

I was hoping there'd be some discussion itt, so I could learn more.. :/
  • Out of those 3, Sankey. Def not wright cause I hate choosing the thurs game if I'm undecided. there's gotta be someone better than wright on the waiver no? I think he just had a lucky game.
  • So I'm in a winner take all league.

QB - Romo
    QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Murray
    RB - Lacy
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Garcon
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Welker
    DST - Panthers
    Kicker - Crosby

Bench: Golden Tate, Knile Davis, Jake Locker, Cousins

The favourite to win the league is this team:

QB - Rodgers
    QB - Rivers
    RB - Foster
    RB - Lynch
    WR - Antonio Brown
    WR - Edelman
    TE - Donnell
    Flex - Roddy White
    DST - Cleveland
    Kicker - Bryant

Bench: Spiller, Chris Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Arizona

Any suggestions for what to do to have a shot at beating that team? I'm really trying to pick up another RB or two to upgrade my flex spot but haven't been able to find a trade that works yet. I fucked up waivers this week and wasn't able to pick up any of the guys that I wanted (Ingram, Tate, Asiata, that other Vikings RB).
  • So I'm in a winner take all league.

QB - Romo
    QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Murray
    RB - Lacy
    WR - Jeffery
    WR - Garcon
    TE - Thomas
    Flex - Welker
    DST - Panthers
    Kicker - Crosby

Bench: Golden Tate, Knile Davis, Jake Locker, Cousins

The favourite to win the league is this team:

QB - Rodgers
    QB - Rivers
    RB - Foster
    RB - Lynch
    WR - Antonio Brown
    WR - Edelman
    TE - Donned
    Flex - Roddy White
    DST - Cleveland
    Kicker - Bryant

Bench: Spiller, Chris Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Arizona

Any suggestions for what to do to have a shot at beating that team? I'm really trying to pick up another RB or two to upgrade my flex spot but haven't been able to find a trade that works yet. I fucked up waivers this week and wasn't able to pick up any of the guys that I wanted (Ingram, Tate, Asiata, that other Vikings RB).

Id be playing Tate over Welker in the flex. If I had a choice Id pick your team in the long run. Don't like Edelman, don't like Roddy White in the flex, really don't like Fosters durability.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Out of those 3, Sankey. Def not wright cause I hate choosing the thurs game if I'm undecided. there's gotta be someone better than wright on the waiver no? I think he just had a lucky game.

Excellent. This is really helping. Thanks!

Really not much available. The highest projection is D. Baldwin at 9, which really makes me think whoever decides on projection #'s smokes crack.

Wheaton is the next available option. I grabbed Wright because I had a couple other changes I wanted to make and room on my bench post bye week (and I live in MN now ;))...so I thought.."why not, if I'm gonna be at the bottom anyway?"
    This was really between Sankey and Fitzgerald, unless you guys taught me something new that I didn't know to consider.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Id be playing Tate over Welker in the flex. If I had a choice Id pick your team in the long run. Don't like Edelman, don't like Roddy White in the flex, really don't like Fosters durability.

I was actually thinking of playing Welker and Tate and benching Garcon this week against Seahawks. You'd still play Garcon vs Seahawks?

Trades available to me are:
    - Welker for Mackinnon
    - Garcon for Ben Tate
    - Cousins/Davis for Benjamin/Bridgewater

I'll probably take the third one even though it doesn't help my RB situation.
  • I was actually thinking of playing Welker and Tate and benching Garcon this week against Seahawks. You'd still play Garcon vs Seahawks?

- Welker for Mackinnon
    - Garcon for Ben Tate

don't like any of those trades, and I like Davis. He just happens to play behind a really good, but fragile RB1. Doubt Charles played the whole season.

I have Garcon and he's burned me the 2 weeks I played him and went off the 2 weeks I didn't......
    Excellent. This is really helping. Thanks!

Really not much available. The highest projection is D. Baldwin at 9, which really makes me think whoever decides on projection #'s smokes crack.

Wheaton is the next available option. I grabbed Wright because I had a couple other changes I wanted to make and room on my bench post bye week (and I live in MN now ;))...so I thought.."why not, if I'm gonna be at the bottom anyway?"
    This was really between Sankey and Fitzgerald, unless you guys taught me something new that I didn't know to consider.

Palmers out for a bit, Its Sankey and not close IMO.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    In a 12 team accumulative point non keeper 2 QB league.

Manuel 12.08
    Edelman 13.67
    Cruz 10.23
    Charles 15.26
    Flex: S. Watkins 10.07

Bench:

Carr (QB Oak) just dropped as he was injured
    D. Brown (RB SD) 14.38
    N. Paul (TE Skins) 9.55
    S. Ridley (RB Pats) 10.01
    J. Matthews (WR Pha) 5.42

Obviously I've got huge QB issues going forward with Carr getting injured, and Manual losing his starting job to Orton. The only way I'm getting another QB is likely by injury to a starter, or by trade (as it's a 12 team 2QB league, most guys try to have 3).

Any sleeper QB's that might get in down the road would be nice.

OK....I've probably completely phucked myself.....but below is my new team....traded Cruz for Orton (playing instead of Manuel for Buffalo going forward) so I'd have a QB to start this week, but I had picked up Ponder on waivers and lo and behold he's starting....so I flip a coin and put in Ponder telling myself that the Packer defense sucks worse than Ponder......phack, tk goodness for garbage time, or he may have ended up a negative on the night.

Ponder 12.08
    Edelman 13.67
    S. Watkins 10.07
    Charles 15.26
    Flex: J. Matthews (WR Pha) 5.42

Bench:

EJ Manuel (QB Buf) 0.03
    D. Brown (RB SD) 14.38
    M. Shaub (QB Oak)
    O. Beckham Jr (WR NYG) 4.96
    K. Orton (QB Buf) 12.18

Took a flyer and picked up Beckham to go with the now impressive Giants offence.

Anyhow, I have a flex question:

Matthews (WR PHA) or Brown (RB SD) or Beckham?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Palmers out for a bit, Its Sankey and not close IMO.

yup
  • I was actually thinking of playing Welker and Tate and benching Garcon this week against Seahawks. You'd still play Garcon vs Seahawks?

- Welker for Mackinnon
    - Garcon for Ben Tate

don't like these trades as well

and Welker and Tate.......not close imo

• Trades available to me are:
    - Welker for Mackinnon
    - Garcon for Ben Tate

I very much like the last trade. Even if it doesn't address your RB needs. I'd say Benjamin will outproduce Garcon and that mess in Washington. Bridgewater looks very good to me.

Seems to me that PFC needs an online league next year. Or at least some weekly leagues at DraftKings or equivalent. I have just recently joined there and it is better than I expected.