Vegas Fall 2012

Comments

• Here is the schedule for the AVP Weekly Showdown for November. Just to "mix" things up a bit, we've included the Sunday night mixed cash game at Imperial Palace! It has been a long time favorite of AVPer's!

11/7 Stratosphere 7pm $45
    11/11 IP mixed game 7pm (Cash game)
    11/20 Aria 7pm $125
    11/29 Bally's 8pm $55

In October every tourney had some sort of money/prize added for AVP'ers. If that is the case then I may do the Stratosphere tourney, which is where the old Sahara tourney's landed after it closed (same structure/format).

Also good thing, it virtually guarantees that there will be a mixed game at IP on Sun night!
  • moose wrote: »
    If that is the case then I may do the Stratosphere tourney, which is where the old Sahara tourney's landed after it closed (same structure/format).
    Any idea what sort of numbers they get for that? I do want to spend some time with you guys... I used to like those old Sahara tournaments even with the low buyins..
  • Just to help you out comp:

Free wifi
    Poker rooms:
    Harrahs
    TI
    Caesars
    Venetian
    Paris, cafe shop
    Just to help you out comp:

Free wifi
    Poker rooms:
    Harrahs
    TI
    Caesars
    Venetian
    Paris, cafe shop

Didn't know about Harrah's and TI since I don't normally play there, thanks.. Also wifi on the upper level at Excalibur. Where did you get this list?
  • Experience.

All Caesar's pr are supposed to be getting wifi. Flamingo was on the list last Feb to be upgraded. Maybe we'll get lucky. 'Course maybe you can bring some equipment and set it up for them. ;)

btw I looked for Boingo hotspots but closest one was Polo Towers, so useless to pay for that.
    'Course maybe you can bring some equipment and set it up for them. ;)

btw I looked for Boingo hotspots but closest one was Polo Towers, so useless to pay for that.

lol, think they would let me? Would be a nice contract to get, write off all my trips to Vegas...:) There used to be a wifi service you could get that worked both downtown and mid strip and was reasonably priced per week, think I had it twice.. Can't find it anymore, perhaps they went out of business.
  • I know. I saw your post. Thing is you need a hotspot, that's why I checked out boingo. Only one I could think of. They would do a ton of business if they put 5-6 repeaters up and down the strip.
  • Flights getting cheaper for any last minuters.

Flight
    Detroit, MI Tuesday Departing: 8:00 AM
    Las Vegas, NV November 06, 2012 Arriving: 9:22 AM
    Las Vegas, NV Thursday Departing: 11:35 PM
    Detroit, MI November 15, 2012 Arriving: 6:23 AM
    (next day)
    Purchase Price
    FLIGHT More Information ► $12886
    GOVERNMENT'S CUT More Information ► $2872
    TOTAL$157.58
  • Or just buy a sim card from t-mobile and put it in your phone. $2 per day
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Or just buy a sim card from t-mobile and put it in your phone. $2 per day

That's exactly what I am doing... You do need an unlocked GSM phone for that though.. Lucky me, yay Blackberry!
    Or just buy a sim card from t-mobile and put it in your phone. $2 per day
    compuease wrote: »
    That's exactly what I am doing... You do need an unlocked GSM phone for that though.. Lucky me, yay Blackberry!

Just found his option aimed at Canadians traveling in the US, sounds promising....

Talk, Text and Data for Canadians Roaming in the US - Roam Mobility
  • How quickly does surfing internet use up 500 mb though? I don't have a data plan so I have no idea.

Can't use data on blackberry with their setup.

http://www.roammobility.com/support/what-data-speeds-can-i-expect-to-get.html
  • compuease wrote: »
    Just found his option aimed at Canadians traveling in the US, sounds promising....

Talk, Text and Data for Canadians Roaming in the US - Roam Mobility

I've had that discussion with Steve before. It depends what you use it for. If you are like me and primary usage is data, then T-Mobile pre-paid is best. If you actually plan to call home then this may be better. Personally I prefer the T-Mobile option as I can always just use VoIP (Skype/Viber) if I need to call home. $2/$3 a day is much more preferable in my shoes.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/pay-by-the-day-cell-phone-plans
  • I see the sim card is .99 online. Will they ship them up here? Do they stale date the sim card if it is not used/reloaded within a certain period of time?
    How quickly does surfing internet use up 500 mb though? I don't have a data plan so I have no idea.

Can't use data on blackberry with their setup.

Support - What data speeds can I expect to get? - Roam Mobility

Actually can't use data on a Blackberry on any US SIM plan as I understand it.. I had hoped to tether my Playbook to my BB phone that way but now I guess I'll have to settle for phone and text for now and find wifi where I can.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Actually can't use data on a Blackberry on any US SIM plan as I understand it.. I had hoped to tether my Playbook to my BB phone that way but now I guess I'll have to settle for phone and text for now and find wifi where I can.

You can't use Blackberry data (like BBM) but regular data is fine. So you can still browse on your web, use third party apps etc. (I had a Blackberry as recently as 4 months ago so this is from personal experience)
    You can't use Blackberry data (like BBM) but regular data is fine. So you can still browse on your web, use third party apps etc. (I had a Blackberry as recently as 4 months ago so this is from personal experience)

Really? You're sure..? I have been told by more than one source you can't use data via tethering when using any US sim card..
  • Since both my phones are unlocked I tried ordering a t-mobile sim card. No way to ship it to Can.

Also from the fine print, looks like they kill your sim card after 90 days of non use.
  • Totally forgot about this promo. Looks like I will be spending a few hours in Mirage.
    10K Quads: 9,782 (Only 218 to go until someone banks a cool $10 G's - and 9 other players get $500 each!)

Projected hit time frame still wraps around our 4th Quarter Freeroll weekend (November 9, 10, 11)

The room will be hopping!
  • All in and booked for this! Staying at the Monte Carlo Nov 6 - 14 for $630 as the Flamingo and Harrah's want like a $1000 for 8 nights now. Even IP was close to $500 and it is under major renos now. Plus I like the MC having stayed there before the city centre was built and there is the monorail from Monte Carlo to Bellagio readily available sweet!

I booked 2 free nights at Caesars Windsor for Monday Nov 5 and Wed Nov 14 and the Spirit flight is the following all in for $277 which is the same flight as the Mooses.

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 06, 2012
    TIME 11:05 AM FLIGHT 511 Detroit, MI --> 12:30 PM Las Vegas, NV

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2012
    TIME 11:58 AM FLIGHT 388 Las Vegas, NV --> 6:47 PM Detroit, MI

Looking forward to the trip all thou sadly TheGrail can't make this one.

Cheers, Steve
  • Looking forward to the trip all thou sadly TheGrail can't make this one.

Cheers, Steve

Fantastic Steve... Should be parteee time!

Well that was informative :D

Have a good trip, guys. Can't wait to read the TR. Say high to Andrew at Bill's for me!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Well that was informative :D

Have a good trip, guys. Can't wait to read the TR. Say high to Andrew at Bill's for me!

What is that? Aviation speak?

and

WTF?
    What is that? Aviation speak?

and

WTF?

haha....yep.

Obviously I meant say 'Hi!' to Andrew or Matthew (whatever his name is) at Bill's Gambolling Saloon
  • Ok and why are we meeting at Bill's?
  • What the hell is going on in Vegas the night of the 10th? Just checking last minute flights are a steal but to find a room Saturday night is ridiculous. Not a UFC fan but that would be my first guess.
  • Poker room rate at Palms for HPT

Room Rates are as follows:

11/1 $90
    11/2 $120
    11/3 $110
    11/4 $45
    11/5 $45
    11/6 $45
    11/7 $45
    11/8 $45
    11/9 $80
    11/10 $80
    11/11 $45
    11/12 $45
    11/13 $45

When you call in USE the CODE "HPT1112"
    Poker room rate at Palms for HPT

Room Rates are as follows:

11/1 $90
    11/2 $120
    11/3 $110
    11/4 $45
    11/5 $45
    11/6 $45
    11/7 $45
    11/8 $45
    11/9 $80
    11/10 $80
    11/11 $45
    11/12 $45
    11/13 $45

When you call in USE the CODE "HPT1112"

That's hilarious. On-line booking shows $1039 for the night of the 10th alone. :o