Vegas Fall 2012

Comments

• Well the car is reserved at Advantage for $175.04. I'll keep trying for cheaper I guess.
    Advantage 175/210

Budget $271/236
    Alamo $366/257
    Thrifty x/204
  • $10-$20 - Las Vegas: 4 Shows on Sale, up to 80% Off | Travelzoo Local Deals

The benefit is available to Diamond and Seven Stars members (2 free tickets per member) and a BOGO (buy one, get one) offer for Platinum members. One benefit redemption per calendar month per account.

Shows are:
    Harrah's - Defending the Caveman, The Improv, Legends in Concert and Mac King
    Imperial Palace - Jeff Civillico, Divas Las Vegas and Human Nature
    Flamingo - Nathan Burton and Vinnie Favorito
    Bally's - Tony n' Tina's Wedding and Jubilee!
    Paris - Anthony Cools and Empire Comedy
    Rio - Penn & Teller

Total Rewards Dining Discount (all levels - just show card)
    Caesars Palace
    Beijing Noodle no. 9
    ☞Central
    Old Homestead

Flamingo
    ☞Carlos'n Charlie's
    Center Cut Steakhouse
    Tropical Breeze Cafe

Harrah's
    Cafe at Harrah's
    Flavors, The Buffet
    KGB: Kerry's Gourmet BurgersMing's Table
    Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill

Imperial Palace
    Emperor's Buffet

Paris Las Vegas
    Gordon Ramsay Steak
    ☞Le Burger Brasserie

Rio Las Vegas
    All-American Bar & Grill
    Carnival World Buffet
    São Paulo Cafe
    Village Seafood Buffet

http://www.lvhhtime.com/palm-restaurant.html

http://www.lasvegassun.com/events/ongoing/13441/
  • Woot. Vegas on discount!

Amount (CAD): $100.00
    Exchanged Amount (USD): $100.10
    Exchange Rate: 0.999
  • Success!

Alamo

Your Offer Price: $12.00 (per day)
    Total Rental Days: 8
    SubTotal: $96.00
    Taxes and Fees: $96.76
    Total Rental Car Charges:
    $192.76
  • OK, I'm booked! Buffalo to Vegas arrive Nov 6 at 10:44am. Vegas to Buffalo leave Nov 14 at 1:16pm.. Now to plan what I'm going to do there.. I do see that the Venetian deep stack is going on then.. Hmm, BAP some Deepstacks, perhaps BAP a mix of tournies? Will think about this and see...
    So Moose, MMoose, JacNok and myself, no one else thinking of it?
  • OK if comp is going I'll have to make the 1h flight over
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    OK if comp is going I'll have to make the 1h flight over

Fantastic Dave, will be glad to see you... Hey costanza, why not fly down from Van?
  • compuease wrote: »
    OK, I'm booked! Buffalo to Vegas arrive Nov 6 at 10:44am. Vegas to Buffalo leave Nov 14 at 1:16pm.. Now to plan what I'm going to do there.. I do see that the Venetian deep stack is going on then.. Hmm, BAP some Deepstacks, perhaps BAP a mix of tournies? Will think about this and see...
    So Moose, MMoose, JacNok and myself, no one else thinking of it?

Cost? Itinerary?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Cost? Itinerary?

Flight is $238. out of Buffalo. Hotel is mostly comped and shared with JacNok..

The rest of my itinerary is unsure at the moment. I am thinking likely $1500-2000. in tournament fees over the 8 days some of them Venetian deepstacks.

Undecided on BAP'ing although JohnnieH already asked.. :)

You thinking of coming?
  • will u play 1 2 wid me?
    wat hotelz
    I think it's Flamingo...
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    will u play 1 2 wid me?
    lol, of course.. At my age I'll play with almost anyone... we could giraffe it.
  • giraffe! i like flamingo...sold
    giraffe! i like flamingo...sold

Not 100% it's Flamingo but seem to recall that's what Moose said... I would love to play at the same table as you, I play with a guy who I think plays like you on each of our trips to AC and we sit at opposite ends of the table, he tilts them playing almost anything it seems like, then I wait and pick em off... Great fun. He typically plays 2/5 and 5/10 at Fallsview so 1/2 for him is kinda tame unless he stirs it up and boy does he..:)
  • moose wrote: »
    Vegas 2012 Bucket List

Returnee:
    Ellis Island (now has poker!)
    Think the poker is already gone... No matter, Ribs are still great...
  • It's definitely the Flamingo. I booked ages ago and got a really good rate, which when shared with Compuease works out to like $18 per night per person.

Rates Per Room*
    11/06/2012
    $COMP USD
    11/07/2012
    $COMP USD
    11/08/2012
    $COMP USD
    11/09/2012
    $105.00 USD
    11/10/2012
    $105.00 USD
    11/11/2012
    $COMP USD
    11/12/2012
    $COMP USD
    11/13/2012
    $45.00 USD

Total Trip Cost**
    $285.6 USD
    *Excludes tax, recovery charges and service fees
    **Estimated Total Cost

The only thing I have booked is joining Moose and Fran at a magic show at 4pm on Nov 7. I might play one or two events at the Venetian. Other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

Jac
  • get a go room with strip view if you can...you get incredible views from the flamingo and the go rooms are much better than the normal rooms
    Flight is $238. out of Buffalo. Hotel is mostly comped and shared with JacNok..

The rest of my itinerary is unsure at the moment. I am thinking likely $1500-2000. in tournament fees over the 8 days some of them Venetian deepstacks.

Undecided on BAP'ing although JohnnieH already asked.. :)

You thinking of coming?

Pm your flight info plz?
    get a go room with strip view if you can...you get incredible views from the flamingo and the go rooms are much better than the normal rooms

lol, sounds like a $20. trick attempt..
    lol, sounds like a $20. trick attempt..

Wat

Just checked my schedule can probably do Nov 5 to 8
    Wat

Just checked my schedule can probably do Nov 5 to 8

lol, hint, it's not a cheap hooker... We get there mid day on the 6th...
  • op updated.
  • Buffet of buffets is $45 but Caesars is a $15 surcharge on top. :(
    • Breakfast (Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.): $19.99
    • Brunch (Saturday - Sunday, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.): $31.99
    • Lunch (Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.): $24.99
    • Dinner (Daily, 3 p.m. - 10 p.m.): $34.99 (Sunday - Thursday), $39.99 (Friday, Saturday)
  • Buffet of buffets is $45 but Caesars is a $15 surcharge on top. :(
    • Breakfast (Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 11 a.m.): $19.99
    • Brunch (Saturday - Sunday, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.): $31.99
    • Lunch (Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.): $24.99
    • Dinner (Daily, 3 p.m. - 10 p.m.): $34.99 (Sunday - Thursday), $39.99 (Friday, Saturday)
  • I've been away from the forum forever, but stumbled back here today for some odd reason. I'll be in Vegas from the 7th to 11th. If there's some all Canadian low limit degeneracy going on I'd be happy to be part of it.

Who's idea was it to fly out on the US election day? Give yourself some time at the border.
  • dinobot wrote: »
    I've been away from the forum forever, but stumbled back here today for some odd reason. I'll be in Vegas from the 7th to 11th. If there's some all Canadian low limit degeneracy going on I'd be happy to be part of it.

Who's idea was it to fly out on the US election day? Give yourself some time at the border.

I blame Moose..... Where are you staying, most (all?) of us are staying at Flamingo. I'l playing Venetian deep stacks and likely Aria dailies, perhaps a Caesars weekend deepstack as well..
  • It wasn't Moose's fault.

We're staying at the Super Duper 8 on Koval just behind the Flamingo/Bally's.

We might get into some of those tournaments also.
  • That would be the greatest place on earth = Ellis Island!

What time do you arrive? We could plan Ellis Island for dinner that day.
  • I don't get in til almost seven. I'd have a hard time making plans without confirming with my friend from Ontario who's flying in that morning.

Also Moose, you're a collector of chips I've heard. Not sure if you collect random chips from poker rooms, but if you need any BC ones, I could bring them down for you.