Options

good movies you may not have seen

124»

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    American Psycho
    80s...The Sure Thing and especially
    Say Anything
    (haven't watched it in years but it was definitely IMO the best of the teen comedy/drama John Hughesesque movies of the day)
    Original Footloose if you've never seen it is probably worth watching, same with
    Flatliners

Downloading these, pumped to watch some older movies, it's been a while...
  • True Believer

Pretty good courtroom drama starring James Woods and a young Robert Downey Jr. Also with Kurtwood Smith and Luis Guzman.
  • sick bump!!!

im so glad ppl keep contributing to this thead :)
  • I finally watched The Big Lebowski and was very much expecting to put it in this list. Sadly, it wasn't very good. Some funny parts, yes, but just such a what the fuck ending that I can't call it a great or even good movie.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I finally watched The Big Lebowski and was very much expecting to put it in this list. Sadly, it wasn't very good. Some funny parts, yes, but just such a what the fuck ending that I can't call it a great or even good movie.

Probably some are gonna want to flog you now but that movie does seem either a cult hit or a bit hyped to me. I like all the other Coen brothers movies I've seen.

Try Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
  • literation wrote: »
    Probably some are gonna want to flog you now but that movie does seem either a cult hit or a bit hyped to me. I like all the other Coen brothers movies I've seen.

Try Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

Exactly! I liked everything else I've seen of theirs, but this one just fell flat. It was pretty much bang on to my feelings about Pulp Fiction. I had seen most of Tarantino's other films before seeing it and people had built it up for so long, but it just didn't work for me like this big awesome film. I still liked it, but it just came off as another flick he did.
  • cerberus wrote: »
    i finally watched the big lebowski and was very much expecting to put it in this list. Sadly, it wasn't very good. Some funny parts, yes, but just such a what the fuck ending that i can't call it a great or even good movie.

shut the fuck up, donnie !!!
    I finally watched The Big Lebowski and was very much expecting to put it in this list. Sadly, it wasn't very good. Some funny parts, yes, but just such a what the fuck ending that I can't call it a great or even good movie.

This aggression will not stand....man....
  • Seriously, though . . . you cannot view it as a traditional movie. Look at it more as a scene from a larger whole. You enter the Big Lebowski, not knowing what has gone before, and leave it before a final resolution is found. you are meant to appreciate the slice of life that you are allowed to view . . . and the Dude abides.
  • I hate the big lebowki for obvious reasons lol
  • costanza wrote: »
    I hate the big lebowki for obvious reasons lol

Really?
  • As I said, it wasn't horrible, just probably would have been better 10 years ago.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Really?

dont start that shit here milo lol, i never understood the comparison but i hate it anyways
  • Relax, Francis . . .
  • If anyone into kung fu at all IP man, and IP man 2 Starring Donnie Yen the action is fantastic and there is even a movie there beneath it all.

And of course for TV "Spartacus" the TV show is just amazing and seems to never dissapoint.
  • getem76 wrote: »
    If anyone into kung fu at all IP man, and IP man 2 Starring Donnie Yen the action is fantastic and there is even a movie there beneath it all.

And of course for TV "Spartacus" the TV show is just amazing and seems to never dissapoint.

My sifu friend recommends IP man as well. I liked the 2 min clip he played, have to watch it all.

I'm assuming you weren't stoned then? I dunno, I always figured it was one of those cult movies that was great when you were high, but quite mediocre if you weren't. Kind of like watching Pink Floyd's the Wall while not on LSD. Quite pointless really....
  • watched matchstick men tonight, great flick

i feel weird not knowing half the movies ITT but i guess that was the whole point lol
  • love that movie...watching chronicle right now cool movie
  • Bad Ass

Fictionalized account of Epic Beard Man starring Danny Trejo. Respectable.
  • watched "We Need to Talk About Kevin", was intense I liked it:
    We Need to Talk About Kevin International Trailer - Trailer Addict
  • In what was a very odd surprise, Bucky Larson was quite entertaining. It's probably because I'm a Don Johnson mark, as his role of the sleezy almost out of the industry director was just great.