Options

good movies you may not have seen

Comments

• Wetts1012 wrote: »
    omg this. I think. If this is the subtitled japanese oldboy Im thinking of it was pure awesome.

I believe you have it correct sir!

Did you know it's part of a trilogy? I haven't see the others, but Oldboy is 2 of 3? I believe part 1 and 3 are called "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance" and "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance".

Mark
  • Yeah the vengeance trilogy was dirt cheap on amazon a while back, picked it up but haven't watched them yet.
  • tonight, I watched donnie darko as recommended by Hobbes

it was great
  • Stay away from the sequel, S. Darko. Picked it up from a bargain bin for like $1, still a waste of a buck.
  • I still haven't slept from last night, been grinding all night and still going

managed to get thru The Lincoln Lawyer as well, what an awesome movie
  • Any love for Idiocracy?
  • literation wrote: »
    Any love for Idiocracy?

Great movie for semi-mindlessness

Also Role Models in amazing

Mark
  • I watched "our idiot brother" tonight

it was real good, me and the ol lady enjoyed it alot, it was a nice light comedy, i recomend it
  • Watched In Bruges last night.

wicked movie.

I guess I will stop bumping this thread to give my movie reviews lol but there is a very high probability of me getting through every single one mentioned in this thread.

I appreciate the recommendations, thanks.
  • Just watched the original Get Carter (1971) with Michael Caine.

Good movie.

Did you check out Hot Rod yet? Do it if you like comedy. I changed my avatar to promote Hot Rod.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Just watched man on a ledge, not too shabby

awesome movie!!!!!
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Just watched the original Get Carter (1971) with Michael Caine.

Good movie.

Did you check out Hot Rod yet? Do it if you like comedy. I changed my avatar to promote Hot Rod.

ya i saw hot rod ages ago, it was "meh" for me
  • Saw another good one last night. Again I have no idea if it was big in theatres but check out Sucker Punch.

Please note Sucker Punch is not to be confused with Donkey Punch which was pretty bad but featured excellent use of breasts.
  • Went to see Cabin In The Woods this weekend. Awesome stuff. All I can say without ruining it :)

However, during the pre show promos, they showed an ad for what is sure to be one of the most beloved sequels of all time:

PIRANHA 3DD
  • Watched "Into the Abyss", a documentary by Werner Herzog about prison inmates on death row and the murders they commit, thought it was really good.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Went to see Cabin In The Woods this weekend. Awesome stuff. All I can say without ruining it :)

However, during the pre show promos, they showed an ad for what is sure to be one of the most beloved sequels of all time:

PIRANHA 3DD

Yeah I can't say one word about Cabin In The Woods...or maybe these 3, go see it.

Don't think they showed the Piranha bit where I was.
  • Saw another good one last night. Again I have no idea if it was big in theatres but check out Sucker Punch.

Please note Sucker Punch is not to be confused with Donkey Punch which was pretty bad but featured excellent use of breasts.

To each his own I guess, because I HATED Sucker Punch. Donkey Punch was hilarious.
  • I completely dug Sucker Punch. Very cool stuff, not just visually with the CG and hot chicks, but the whole idea and concept of it.
  • I didn't get into it in the slightest. CG was good but ultimately ruined if you don't like the style.

I can see why people would like it, I just don't.
  • Just finished watching the first 5 episodes of Tilt on Youtube. Michaels Madsen stars in an ESPN mini-series. Wish I could find the remainder of it somewhere.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Just finished watching the first 5 episodes of Tilt on Youtube. Michaels Madsen stars in an ESPN mini-series. Wish I could find the remainder of it somewhere.

That is a good show as far as poker shows go I use to have it all on my old computer years ago.
    Also can someone pm where you are d/l movies now that btjunkie is gone
  • piratebay
    isohunt

Mark
  • i watch the majority of my movies on projectfree.tv

most of the time I watch anything that "put locker" streams, They have an excellent media player that streams in HD

If i need to DL because its not on project free, I always use iso hunt and u torrent
  • eztv, torrentday, others mentioned above. All good sources.
  • in an unrelated note to this entire thread, dont EVER EVER watch a movie caled "One hit From Home" , it is by far, the nut worst movie I have ever seen.

the acting is just straight up laughable, i wasnt paying particular attention to it because I was playing tonight, but the parts that I did watch put me on life tilt pretty bad because it was that bad.
  • costanza wrote: »
    i watch the majority of my movies on projectfree.tv

most of the time I watch anything that "put locker" streams, They have an excellent media player that streams in HD

If i need to DL because its not on project free, I always use iso hunt and u torrent
    I also used isohunt with utorrent, but recently got a membership with demonoid.com and it's even better than isohunt.
  • lol u actually pay to download?

pffffff
  • costanza wrote: »
    lol u actually pay to download?

pffffff

membership is free but you need to be invited.
  • Was also wondering if anyone has seen 'All in the poker movie'? Any good?
  • 'into the abyss' sucked ffs, lol.