Thread locking...

Comments

• Ask? Ask who? Dictatorship.
    thats a valid question but its not a point that shows that non-democracy has to be anarchy or intelligence...

depending on how this question is handled it could
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    no believes are objective

would it suprise you then if i suggested any system based on belief would be inherently flawed?
  • darbday wrote: »
    would it suprise you then if i suggested any system based on belief would be inherently flawed?

you don't actually need a perfect system, you need the best you can get
  • It doesnt matter to me either way if a thread gets locked or not.I'm just happy to not get yelled at anymore. :tongue:
  • Did darb just basically say Might makes Right?

Huh.... interesting.

Anyways, I made a poll thread - go vote there, this thread's about to go all Italian cruise liner.

Mark
  • Who's the captain?
  • Pretty sure this needs to be locked.
    you don't actually need a perfect system, you need the best you can get
    we don't actually need the best...we may actually not need anything...but we should prefer one thats not inherently flawed and at this point I think we can search for the best and naturally say a system thats not flawed is better than one this is....

were off topic mostly tho
  • Pretty sure this needs to be locked.

sounds witty, but it's really not funny cause the subtext is that our mod is unreasonable for locking threads
    we don't actually need the best...we may actually not need anything...but we should prefer one thats not inherently flawed and at this point I think we can search for the best and naturally say a system thats not flawed is better than one this is....

were off topic mostly tho

so anarchy then?
  • i completely understand why thread locking would be annoying to some.

that being said, thread locking is not censoring or deleting or anything of those things that people are suggesting it is. thread locking is what comp easily established on page one - the thread is done, now people are just beating a dead horse (usually in a negative way obviously). move on to the next topic.

no one said you can't start a very similar topic in another thread. now if comp starts locking similar threads on similar topics before they even really start, maybe then i'd listen to the censorship bullshit you are spewing.

and furthermore, online forums are not free speech forums. owners/mods on the site have the right to censor if they want to. you have the right to shut up and/or leave.
    so anarchy then?
    Is there no other option? Can we prove that or do we just not have another answer.
    Is there no other option? Can we prove that or do we just not have another answer.

we're basically discussing what kind of system you prefer. It's not very pragmatic to throw democracy out the window and just see what happens, is it?
    sounds witty, but it's really not funny cause the subtext is that our mod is unreasonable for locking threads

Not trying to be witty. Witty implies light hearted. Dark biting sarcastic satire is my aim. Why am I not conveying this clearly enough?? Oh yes more smilies, winkies and such. I just can't decide whether I like the biggies :wink2: or smalls ;) better.

And yes Comp is unreasonable but I can live with it.
    we're basically discussing what kind of system you prefer. It's not very pragmatic to throw democracy out the window and just see what happens, is it?
    it would be about as pragmatic as sailing a ship off the edge of the earth
  • trigs wrote: »
    i completely understand why thread locking would be annoying to some.

that being said, thread locking is not censoring or deleting or anything of those things that people are suggesting it is. thread locking is what comp easily established on page one - the thread is done, now people are just beating a dead horse (usually in a negative way obviously). move on to the next topic.

no one said you can't start a very similar topic in another thread. now if comp starts locking similar threads on similar topics before they even really start, maybe then i'd listen to the censorship bullshit you are spewing.

and furthermore, online forums are not free speech forums. owners/mods on the site have the right to censor if they want to. you have the right to shut up and/or leave.

Not bad points here at all. Locking threads is fundamentally different than deleting them.

But I am going to need you to post much more cryptically and with much less punctuation to really take you seriously here.
  • Not trying to be witty. Witty implies light hearted. Dark biting sarcastic satire is my aim. Why am I not conveying this clearly enough?? Oh yes more smilies, winkies and such. I just can't decide whether I like the biggies :wink2: or smalls ;) better.

And yes Comp is unreasonable but I can live with it.

unreasonable? why?
    unreasonable? why?

srsly?

sorry forgot these.

;);););););););););););););)
  • Not bad points here at all. Locking threads is fundamentally different than deleting them.

But I am going to need you to post much more cryptically and with much less punctuation to really take you seriously here.

i english all day. can't do it at night too. i'd go mad.
  • trigs wrote: »
    i english all day. can't do it at night too. i'd go mad.

But can you translate darbdaic or philliese?
  • But can you translate darbdaic or philliese?

Didn't we have a universal translator member on here at one point?
  • But can you translate darbdaic or philliese?

I honestly usually give up 2 posts in and default to tldr (darb) or trdr (philli).
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I honestly usually give up 2 posts in and default to tldr (darb) or trdr (philli).

I'm going to hell for this but......r = ?
  • srsly?

sorry forgot these.

;);););););););););););););)

so you don't find him unreasonable? you're being a bit confusing...or annoying. must you really poke people when you post
  • I'm going to hell for this but......r = ?

I know you can figure this out. Take 10 more seconds.
  • I could not care less if the mods decide to "lock" a thread. If something from that thread peeks my interest, I will start a new one specifically about that topic. If the most pressing problem in your life at the moment is the issue of threads on this site being "locked" than you really need to get a life.

I thought I had issues . . . sheeesh.
    so you don't find him unreasonable? you're being a bit confusing...or annoying. must you really poke people when you post

You don't come to the wrong side of the tracks enough.
  • I know you can figure this out. Take 10 more seconds.

I've got a solid idea, I just want to see it. This thread could take off in ways yet unimagined.
  • I've got a solid idea, I just want to see it. This thread could take off in ways yet unimagined.

I knew it.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I could not care less if the mods decide to "lock" a thread. If something from that thread peeks my interest, I will start a new one specifically about that topic. If the most pressing problem in your life at the moment is the issue of threads on this site being "locked" than you really need to get a life.

I thought I had issues . . . sheeesh.

Total time spent posting in this thread approximately 10 minutes

Total % of my life that took... minuscule. But, wrong is wrong, and I think it's wrong.

Mark