Thread locking...

I hate it.

Maybe I miss something that locking the thread provides board-wise, but if a thread's getting ridiculous, make a subcategory for "Threads that shall not be named" or something like that. If we wanna be assholes, that's our damned right! It's in the constitution... somewhere... I checked, don't worry.

Anyways, if there's a technical (i.e. prevent the interweb tubes from breaking) fine, but if it's just because someone's feelings are getting hurt? Fuck 'em. IMO it's not unlike the censorship crap we went through a few years back.

Mark

P.S. - Fuck piggiepie

Comments

• Sorry but this is not a democracy..... And I like peace so fuck Dr Tyore!

and I wasn't concerned about piggy..
  • I know it's not a democracy

But it wasn't a democracy when we did the whole swearing thing a few years back either - but we still got rid of that stupid swear filter <shudder>.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinks this way.

Mark
  • Nothing to do with swearing Mark, I could care less..
  • Hrm.... perhaps I'm not communicating

I want a good reason for the thread locking. Threatens the stability of the site - level reasoning. I don't think that people getting too troll-y or insulting is justification.

Mark
  • To bad, I don't have to give you a reason... Leave if you don't like it..:-X

Neither I nor other mods, ie Wes have the time or inclination to micro manage.. Quite trying to stir up shit...

oh and you're a crappy poker player too..;)
  • pfft... who didn't know that

I'm not asking for micro managing, I'm asking for the opposite! Let it run wild! I'm seriously confused as to why that would be more difficult... you can PM if you'd prefer. Also, I'm going to bed (WTF are YOU doing up Dad?), but hopefully some others will chime in come morning.

Mark
  • I'm going to turn as well... I don't need to pm you, I'm fine with it here... It does take micro managing since complaints start rolling if it gets too wild and then we have to do something. For gods sake man, I'm not banning anyone nor deleting stuff... That one had already run it's course and was getting repetative... Move on, next subject..

Have at it folks, voice your opinions.. Don't really matter though... Dad is on the job

at least until I am impeached...
  • Please lock this thread.
  • I think my post was correct.

2+2 is gay
  • lol @ bashing 2+2 , it is literally the center of the poker universe. All top pros, site rep's, live players, online players, coaches, and everything else under the sun make that place the ultimate resource.

This forum, I believe is for a Canadian perspective and community and I think it's great. Most of you seem to know each other, so I can see how new comers are or can be intimidated.

Now, in regards to censorship, I'm on the fence. On one hand, freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, but on the other we should all be adults in regards to the way we speak to each other and on the forum. When I was younger it would be funny to me to poke fun at people for their age, poker abilities, sexual orientation or race. I didn't think about how that made me look to other people, as long as I was laughing.

Not sure where I'm going with this..... Been up a long time...

GG my brain.

Carry on.
  • costanza wrote: »
    lol @ bashing 2+2 , it is literally the center of the poker universe. All top pros, site rep's, live players, online players, coaches, and everything else under the sun make that place the ultimate resource.

This forum, I believe is for a Canadian perspective and community and I think it's great. Most of you seem to know each other, so I can see how new comers are or can be intimidated.

Now, in regards to censorship, I'm on the fence. On one hand, freedom of speech is a beautiful thing, but on the other we should all be adults in regards to the way we speak to each other and on the forum. When I was younger it would be funny to me to poke fun at people for their age, poker abilities, sexual orientation or race. I didn't think about how that made me look to other people, as long as I was laughing.

Not sure where I'm going with this..... Been up a long time...

GG my brain.

Carry on.

The place is so negative .. I cannot stand the forums...posted there a couple times..ugh.

Every other topic seems is either..

1. A bunch of elitist users insulting the game of anyone who isn't "pro" and won't give anyone the time of day.

2. Hate threads against a celebrity pro like hellmuth/dwan/negreanu

3. Doug Lee sucks.

Also maybe its just me but that site is well too big, I much prefer a smaller..tighter group..some place where everyone knows my avatar.
  • It's all my fault.
  • Gee...

A bunch of replies, one clearly obvious joke re: locking this thread, and a self-burn. yet nobody gives their opinion.

I love the interwebs! :P

Come on people, feedback!

Mark
  • as long as you're not actively bullying anyone like in that last thread I don't mind
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Gee...

A bunch of replies, one clearly obvious joke re: locking this thread, and a self-burn. yet nobody gives their opinion.

I love the interwebs! :P

Come on people, feedback!

Mark

Wasn't sure how to take your post.
    Level/Drunk/Serious.
  • Actually every post in this thread is good I agree with mark we have a freedom of speech.

But I agree with comp on some of the things said also.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Wasn't sure how to take your post.
    Level/Drunk/Serious.

Sober and serious

It irks me everytime a thread is locked.

Mark
  • Every now and again, executive decisions need to be made for the machine to run smoothly. They're not always popular. That doesn't always matter.

Jumping up and down and stomping your feet won't make Dad change his mind. It never did for my Dad.
  • Macke wrote: »

Also maybe its just me but that site is well too big, I much prefer a smaller..tighter group..some place where everyone knows my avatar.

Hmmm, I just noticed......your avatar sucks.

;)
  • When talking about people here who agree. You have to remember that a lot of people who disagree were chased away, didn't join, or don't want to bother disagreeing with you

If people agree with you, it doesn't suggest you are right.

When people agreeing with you suggests you are right, is when their opinion feels safe, respected, and valid.
  • Does this really bother you that much?
  • darbday wrote: »
    When talking about people here who agree. You have to remember that a lot of people who disagree were chased away, didn't join, or don't want to bother disagreeing with you

If people agree with you, it doesn't suggest you are right.

When people agreeing with you suggests you are right, is when their opinion feels safe, respected, and valid.

... What?

Mark
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Does this really bother you that much?

It bothers me enough to make a thread about it - does that count for anything?

Mark
    ... What?

Mark
    don't worry i can re explain, what part didn't you understand i should i start over?
    don't worry i can re explain, what part didn't you understand i should i start over?
    it's not really that i don't understand, it just feels very taken out of the blue <.<
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    it's not really that i don't understand, it just feels very taken out of the blue <.<
    you mean its off topic?

he wants to see if people agree but thats silly because its an incredibly tainted sample or survey or what ever.
    you mean its off topic?

he wants to see if people agree but thats silly because its an incredibly tainted sample or survey or what ever.

I just want to know if people dislike the idea of threads being locked (aka censored) as I do.

Mark
    I just want to know if people dislike the idea of threads being locked (aka censored) as I do.

Mark

but the group of people you are asking are a direct result of your belief which is rooted in not protecting certain aspects of the forum.

not saying yet what those aspects should be, or whether yours are right or wrong but just that asking this population makes the answer biased in a giant way
    but the group of people you are asking are a direct result of your belief which is rooted in not protecting certain aspects of the forum.

not saying yet what those aspects should be, or whether yours are right or wrong but just that asking this population makes the answer biased in a giant way

Yes, go ask another board whether we should dislike that threads have been locked here.

wtf-wtf-shock-surprise-smiley-emoticon-000703-large.gif