Limiting "Hobbes" damage

Comments

• I am usually one that believes any form of change is possible. In this situation, I don't believe this is the case.

+1

It's obvious to me that Hobbes is totally out of control.
  • +1

It's obvious to me that Hobbes is totally out of control.

While that's not what I meant, I do agree. Man, what a buzzkill that guy is.
  • Maybe we could chain him up in the side yard? Or build a little Hobbes-run back there for him. Then we could take turns on exercising him . . . shouldn't be hard for us to manage if we all share the burden. We can take him out every Royal Cup so that he gets some good exercise, maybe become more socialized.

Wildbill, you have experience with "rescue" animals and such, anything to add?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    shock-collar.jpg

Maybe kick it up a notch.

mapplethorpe_joe.jpg
  • Shhhh....that's our special time. ;)

Maybe kick it up a notch.

mapplethorpe_joe.jpg
  • trigs wrote: »
    i really think that if certain posters could at least contain their emotions just slightly when commenting on posts from new members, we wouldn't have much of an issue.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShloBXX6UpERo24eB5sO8MTNI3ckPAi8KJ4jDf7wvscEzcVV4K
  • I see you Tammi and Pinhead. :D
  • compuease wrote: »
    How do we keep Hobbes (and the like) from chasing away valuable new contributors to the forum? Discuss...

Maybe we need a "new member" section just like the poker rooms have the new player tables.

After 30 posts in there they are free to roam the rest of the forum. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I see you Tammi and Pinhead. :D

Let me lurk in peace or I'm off to 2p2 forever!
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    :wav:
  • Pinhead wrote: »

Give you odds that this won't happen
  • No need to feel stupid Darb, I'm sure Comp did intend this to be a serious question. However, given his audience I'm sure he assumed it would turn into what it has.

Which is actually pretty funny.
    i actually didn't feel stupid..and i think its about as funny as running someone out a high school class and laughing at their expense when their gone...as a group...because its safe....

i never understood it

there were about fourteen people (just a guess) who stopped by to kick a person while they are down...and they are all cowards....because thats the definition it think....

funny thing is...half of you are too pussy to post hand histories for the same reason.....

the other half type insults...because that way better players won't be able to analyze your play and tell you that your wrong...

I don't know ...i guess this isn't a poker forum? Just a group of people who gave it the wrong name.....
  • darbday wrote: »
    i actually didn't feel stupid..and i think its about as funny as running someone out a high school class and laughing at their expense when their gone...as a group...because its safe....

i never understood it

there were about fourteen people (just a guess) who stopped by to kick a person while they are down...and they are all cowards....because thats the definition it think....

funny thing is...half of you are too pussy to post hand histories for the same reason.....

the other half type insults...because that way better players won't be able to analyze your play and tell you that your wrong...

I don't know ...i guess this isn't a poker forum? Just a group of people who gave it the wrong name.....

ur mom.

Plus, none of these posts were in a poker section of the forum.

I haz AA UTG and go all in and take down the blinds.

All is well.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

I haz AA UTG and go all in and take down the blinds.

pfft..I open folded AA cause I knew someone would hit against me
  • AA sucks . . . either I win the blinds or I bust. Total garbage hand. And Darb? the reason I do not bother much with posting my own HH's is that I know I suck, relative to most of the strat regs (all?).
  • IF you join a poker forum, poker-is-rigged posts can really endear you to the masses. :D

It seems to me on pokerstars, late in any tourney when you are short stacked and your all in with the best hand and at risk, it seems that no matter what or 95% of the time the worst hand always sucks out. This happens so much that it seems like its done on purpose, just so the tournament will end. This drives me crazy. Don't get me wrong it's nice when you hit that 5% chance and you win. But it just seems like it happens a lot to me. Once I had Aces against this guy who was priced to call because the blinds where so big, he had 8 3 os and wouldn't you know it he flops two pair, I couldn't improve and once again I'm out in 97th or whatever place it was. All in all pokerstars is a great site, I just wanted to get that off my chest
  • I think it's time to drop the ban-hammer...been awhile since compuease have used it.
  • darbday wrote: »

Umm, welcome to 2012? We've all known for years that this wasnt a poker forum. And certainly not a "Canada" one. Likely not even an "Ontario" forum.
  • Shouldn't you be getting ready for Vegas?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Umm, welcome to 2012? We've all known for years that this wasnt a poker forum. And certainly not a "Canada" one. Likely not even an "Ontario" forum.

What's poke-her?
  • I find this all very upsetting, I'm still confused about how many oz are in a XL coffee
  • It's Roman numerals, koby . . . "X" = 10, "L" = 50. With the "X" coming before the "L" it means you have to subtract, so 50-10=40. Ipso facto, 40 oz.
  • Milo wrote: »
    It's Roman numerals, koby . . . "X" = 10, "L" = 50. With the "X" coming before the "L" it means you have to subtract, so 50-10=40. Ipso facto, 40 oz.

That is to complicated, I'm just going to stick with a medium
  • Medium is the new small, or is it the other way round? It IS confusing . . .
  • Oh dear god. Moose, what have you done on this thread..

That would be a large?

I didn't just say that..
  • Jeebus, moose, I am really starting to wonder about you . . .
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    I find this all very upsetting, I'm still confused about how many oz are in a XL coffee

I don't "like" too many comments, but the timing of this one is perfect.
    Milo wrote: »
    Jeebus, moose, I am really starting to wonder about you . . .

NOW, we know where the nickname moose came from.
  • I find this forum to be helpful in many ways, including poker. I remember posting similar tin foil threads and getting ripped on. Honestly, I never got pissed and posted FU threads and claimed I was never coming back. I never took it as hazing or skin thickening or any of that. It was the slap in the face needed to wake up and move forward with what little game I had/have.

At the same time, we could all stand to be a little nicer.

Oh, and the Knicks rule all.