Limiting "Hobbes" damage

How do we keep Hobbes (and the like) from chasing away valuable new contributors to the forum? Discuss...

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    How do we keep Hobbes (and the like) from chasing away valuable new contributors to the forum? Discuss...

Maybe we can figure that out when one shows up.
  • looking for critical mass, gotta hit the tipping point..

I wish he could just be nice like everyone else
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

Exactly. The fucktard is going to roooin it fer everyone.
  • Lifecycle of CPF member:

- join as new member with an interest in improving game and learning more about poker
    - start writing some new threads
    - get chewed up by the regulars
    - get fed up with all the slack and just stick to posting vs initiating new threads
    - go on to win a big score
    - stop posting on cpf and stick to lurking
    - stop lurking and join 2+2
  • Cut him off at the knees!!!

oops...sorry...already done
  • You all can go to HELL!!!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Lifecycle of CPF member:

- join as new member with an interest in improving game and learning more about poker
    - start writing some new threads
    - get fed up with all the slack and just stick to posting vs initiating new threads

Most of what I've seen.....

Lifecycle of CPF member:

- join as new member with an interest in picking fights and telling everyone that they know more about poker than anyone here
    - start writing some new threads that are devoid of any spelling and grammar skills
    - get chewed up by the regulars for constantly whining about how good they are and how Stars screws them.
    - get fed up with all the slack and just stick to posting the usual BS vs initiating new threads
    - go on to be a cheerleader for Vekked, BTP or Wetts as they win a big score
    - stop posting on cpf when they can no longer take the heat of being told grammar and self examination counts
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Lifecycle of CPF member:

- start writing some new threads complaining about losing 60/40 flips as bad beats
    - create results oriented MTT strat threads.
    - post on 2+2 and get crusified just cause :D

fyp :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You all can go to HELL!!!

no you
  • - ram yourself so far up Vekked, BTP or Wetts you can see daylight again

:D
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    no you

You sir, can lead the parade.

mfbanda.jpg
  • Restrict him to replying only to threads that were written in French.
  • vous êtes un outil de grande :D
  • Exactly. The fucktard is going to roooin it fer everyone.

u mad cause I took you out with 86sooooooted?

I didn't think it was Hobbes.

Anyway, this is sort of a skin thickening forum else you have to have fun in jesting.

You could have a vote up / vote down system for threads if it's that important but some people are going to take offense anyway.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    u mad cause I took you out with 86sooooooted?

Nah, never even noticed........

ColbertFinger.gif

I'VE GOT IT!

Whenever he gets out of hand just post this sign on the front page......

you_must_be_this_tall_to_ride_black_mousepad-p144679765004100508trak_400%5B1%5D.jpg

You're welcome.
  • I hope this thread doesn't upset Hobbes enough to make him leave the forum.....
  • I'VE GOT IT!

Whenever he gets put of hand just post this sign on the front page......

you_must_be_this_tall_to_ride_black_mousepad-p144679765004100508trak_400%5B1%5D.jpg

You're welcome.

oh I like this!
    going to use it in the future! >:D
  • i totally thought this was a serious question...feel so stupid now ???
  • hobbes can forward all his comments to me first and i'll have to okay them before they are posted.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    +1
    Exactly. The fucktard is going to roooin it fer everyone.
    +1
    darbday wrote: »
    i totally thought this was a serious question...feel so stupid now ???
    It was, what made you think it wasn't?;)
  • darbday wrote: »
    i totally thought this was a serious question...feel so stupid now ???

No need to feel stupid Darb, I'm sure Comp did intend this to be a serious question. However, given his audience I'm sure he assumed it would turn into what it has.

Which is actually pretty funny.
  • to be serious for a second (sorry), i really think that if certain posters could at least contain their emotions just slightly when commenting on posts from new members, we wouldn't have much of an issue. moreover, feel free to say all the crazy/mean shit to someone you know better but try to keep it somewhat in check for the newbs on the site.

however, sadly we are on the internet and that means people can be a lot more rude than in real life. no offense, but i know some of the 'meaner' posters would definitely think twice about what they say if the person they were ridiculing was standing right in front of them. boo to anonymous confidence - you're more of an idiot/jackass than you think.
  • trigs wrote: »
    to be serious for a second (sorry), i really think that if certain posters could at least contain their emotions just slightly when commenting on posts from new members, we wouldn't have much of an issue. moreover, feel free to say all the crazy/mean shit to someone you know better but try to keep it somewhat in check for the newbs on the site.

however, sadly we are on the internet and that means people can be a lot more rude than in real life. no offense, but i know some of the 'meaner' posters would definitely think twice about what they say if the person they were ridiculing was standing right in front of them. boo to anonymous confidence - you're more of an idiot/jackass than you think.

Meh, I'm not too big on suffering fools gladly in real life either.
  • Holy FUCK . . . I am in agreement with a Habs fan.
  • Let's just move and not tell him.
  • Coming up on my third year on this forum, I believe this is a discussion that takes place on almost an annual basis.

I am usually one that believes any form of change is possible. In this situation, I don't believe this is the case.