computer help

124»

Comments

• This happened again.

Trying to post a screenshot and zap can't connect.

Using android phone which is a pain right now.

Can admin try the whitelist trick again?
  • The McAfee SecurityCenter included in my PC is now expiring. Is the F-Secure suite that is free for Cogeco subscribers good enough, or is there another free suite that's better?
    compuease wrote: »
  • I can't say anything one way or another about the F-Secure suite.

IMO the stuff comp posted is enough for the majority of typical users.

I would use nothing, before using any McAfee or Norton software ever again.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    The McAfee SecurityCenter included in my PC is now expiring. Is the F-Secure suite that is free for Cogeco subscribers good enough, or is there another free suite that's better?

Umm, McAfee Security Center is just the control panel for all of the McAfee products. Are you sure you even have an antivirus?
  • i just use the free AVG software.
  • I use Comodo. It has it all for free, antivirus, network defense & firewall. The sandbox feature gets a little annoying, but u can turn it off.
  • So that's why I keep losing to Russ Hamilton and Matt Marafioti the past three years!

I just know I get virus alerts after I "mistakenly" click on a pr0n site, then McAfee wants me to pay $89.95 while the fix is available online for free. :rolleyes:
    Umm, McAfee Security Center is just the control panel for all of the McAfee products. Are you sure you even have an antivirus?
    So that's why I keep losing to Russ Hamilton and Matt Marafioti the past three years!

I just know I get virus alerts after I "mistakenly" click on a pr0n site, then McAfee wants me to pay $89.95 while the fix is available online for free. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have something on your computer.... I wouldn't do any online banking until you get it cleaned up..
  • Both the F-Secure online and McAfee scans disinfected any viruses. I'm trying to download the full F-Secure services, but Cogeco says they have to fix a glitch and to try again later.
    Sounds like you have something on your computer.... I wouldn't do any online banking until you get it cleaned up..
    Both the F-Secure online and McAfee scans disinfected any viruses. I'm trying to download the full F-Secure services, but Cogeco says they have to fix a glitch and to try again later.

The online versions are ok for checking but they are not good enough to be sure. Be cautious..