The Rapture is this Saturday?!

Comments

• Yes it is try. That is the problem with people who can't explain a position that has been around for century's they call them myths, fair tales what ever it requires to ease there consciences away from the realities of the future. Instead of saying he doesn't believe in the rapture or God he uses an argument that is suppose to demean and yet it show he no respect for the person making the argument. Why does it bother you some much that people think different then you. Are you that insecure? We tend to be afarid of the unknown but in this case the unknown if it comes to be true means the judgement of God will soon follow. If it never comes true what have u truly lost?

So much fail Brent... Why would you call me insecure, I'm not the one concerned about the world ending. How could you say Mark is demeaning or showing no respect? Look, Mark and I have our differences but on this he is right. You can not say your position is any clearer than his or mine... One persons myths are anothers fairy tales or anothers beliefs. Who's to say who is right or what is reality? I tend to much more believe in the power of man and our inner powers (which have yet to be tapped) than some mythical end of the world or fear of judgement... :) Arm wrestle for rolzz?
  • Wasn't saying u were insecure at all. Only those who dismiss a thought that scares them because of the results if they are wrong. How many people believe in Aliens? Last stat I read was one in 4. I don't think there are any but I won't call your position that of fair tales.
  • Belief in God = Belief in Aliens

There is no full proof of either, yet so much evidence of both being possible. Both require an open mind and a willingness to believe that we don't know everything.
  • Wasn't saying u were insecure at all. Only those who dismiss a thought that scares them because of the results if they are wrong. How many people believe in Aliens? Last stat I read was one in 4. I don't think there are any but I won't call your position that of fair tales.
    Well I didn't say I do or don't believe in aliens but I wouldn't call either position a fairy tale.
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Belief in God = Belief in Aliens

There is no full proof of either, yet so much evidence of both being possible. Both require an open mind and a willingness to believe that we don't know everything.

Now this will likely get Brent stirred up. :) However actually this position has some merit in it. Do you mean that if you believe in God you believe in Aliens? lol... I'm much more leaning towards a position of, we know so little about our origins or future either that to speculate is just that, speculation.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Belief in God = Belief in Aliens

I didn't say they equal each other just that I wouldn't mock you for holding an opinion different than mine. There are some people who seem to have this right to prove they are right about every opinion, issue out there and if u differ from them then somehow you are below them.
  • There are some people who seem to have this right to prove they are right about every opinion, issue out there and if u differ from them then somehow you are below them.
    No one like that around here...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well I didn't say I do or don't believe in aliens but I wouldn't call either position a fairy tale.

Now this will likely get Brent stirred up. :) However actually this position has some merit in it. Do you mean that if you believe in God you believe in Aliens? lol... I'm much more leaning towards a position of, we know so little about our origins or future either that to speculate is just that, speculation.

Sorry, should have been more clear. Yes, by that I mean they require an equal amount of open mindedness, not that Aliens = God, although that's entirely possible too.
    I didn't say they equal each other just that I wouldn't mock you for holding an opinion different than mine. There are some people who seem to have this right to prove they are right about every opinion, issue out there and if u differ from them then somehow you are below them.

I know you didn't say they equal each other; I did :)

It took me a long time to figure out that opinions are like belly buttons: everyone has one and they usually stink.
  • Cerb, I think you are similar to me, in that you can take any position and make a case.... The older I get the more I realize how little we really know.
    No one like that around here...

with respect I have to disagree. i can pull lots of threads out but have to study my tournaments
  • Do we have any mirrors here... ? lol, this is just too easy...

Peace Brent, pay attention to your Scoop events... don't want your bap'ers to get mad at me... and don't worry about the rispect, I don't get (or deserve) any....
  • Aliens are for sure out there!!! if you disagree watch Into the universe with stephan hawkins, that shit will blow your mind. Had a friend watch it and broke down for like 3 days, realising how insignificant his life is in the large skeem of things lol
  • Hey Compuease... love the backup brother!

I think Brent's referring to some other threads from earlier in the year - death penalty / three strikes legal approaches and what not.

And for what it's worth, yea I do think everyone has the right to prove they are correct, otherwise, we're just shutting people down. Now, I don't think people are below me because they are different, but if they consistently and stubbornly refuse to listen to reason, facts, and evidence - well, yea, my opinion of them (and therefore standing in my mind) drops significantly.

I don't mind being unpopular as long as I'm right ;)

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »

hmmm
  • If I'm not mistaken, the rapture is to take the "chosen" up to heaven and leave the rest behind. We (menaing the forum members) should be fine then, right. We're not going any where ? Poker is gambling and gambling is a sin, afterall.

So my wife tells me
  • its not gambling if you cant lose :P
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, the rapture is to take the "chosen" up to heaven and leave the rest behind. We (menaing the forum members) should be fine then, right. We're not going any where ? Poker is gambling and gambling is a sin, afterall.

So my wife tells me

Those of us participating in the dead pool are likely going the other way tomorrow so I guess this is my last night of poker... wish me luck.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken, the rapture is to take the "chosen" up to heaven and leave the rest behind. We (menaing the forum members) should be fine then, right. We're not going any where ? Poker is gambling and gambling is a sin, afterall.

So my wife tells me

Looks like the WSOP numbers are safe despite "Black Friday" then, if that is the case, cause if is the last one, you can bet there are a few people looking to get a few last kicks in if their friends and family disapears tommorow....
    Those of us participating in the dead pool are likely going the other way tomorrow so I guess this is my last night of poker... wish me luck.

Nope, according to the thread and web we have until October to squander the rest of our miserable, sinful exsistence away, before we die apocolipitic deaths that is...
  • jontm wrote: »
    Nope, according to the thread and web we have until October to squander the rest of our miserable, sinful exsistence away, before we die apocolipitic deaths that is...

The true end of the world is supposed to be Oct 21. Imagine how much fun Vegas will be in Oct for us!
  • Im buying Stars monies at a dime for a dollar (My dime cash for your stars dollar). I'll EMT to whoever you want since you wont be here.

PM pls.
  • Strange, but I feel fine . . .
  • Are we there yet?
  • 8 am and all is fine

(or I've been left behind :) )
  • Looks like I might have to mow the lawn after all . . . damned Christians.
  • OMGOMGOMG I WON THE LOTTERY!!! WOOHOO!!!

Wait...what's that bright light? What's going on??

RAPTURE?!?!?!? WTF IS RAPTURE?!?!!?

But I don't want to go....no, stop, you don't understand...my life is better now...no please, don't take me up....I DON'T WANT TO GO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    OMGOMGOMG I WON THE LOTTERY!!! WOOHOO!!!

Wait...what's that bright light? What's going on??

RAPTURE?!?!?!? WTF IS RAPTURE?!?!!?

But I don't want to go....no, stop, you don't understand...my life is better now...no please, don't take me up....I DON'T WANT TO GO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

No worries AJ

They don't take Bruins Fans
  • Is it just me or doesn't the world look a little less crowded today...?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hey Compuease... love the backup brother!

I think Brent's referring to some other threads from earlier in the year - death penalty / three strikes legal approaches and what not.

And for what it's worth, yea I do think everyone has the right to prove they are correct, otherwise, we're just shutting people down. Now, I don't think people are below me because they are different, but if they consistently and stubbornly refuse to listen to reason, facts, and evidence - well, yea, my opinion of them (and therefore standing in my mind) drops significantly.

Mark

i had a thesis on why you are wrong but decide you aren't worth my time. I will say this though. How does someone expressed beliefs on this forum affect your life. Not in any way at all. Thank God Harper can now shape the supreme court and get this country back on the right track after years of poor management.
  • You can't be right on everything in live too bad, one say you will see

Jeesh Brent, you still here...? Thought for sure you would "disappear" today... Don't worry about Dr Tyore, I know for sure he isn't always right...
  • yeah i am here. just because a guy says it is going to happen today and is wrong doesn't mean the thought is wrong. i hope when the raputre does place peole will remember this thread. as far as mark goes i have no concerns for anyone who doesn't care to have a rationial discussion about everything. he states he is right and that eeveryone else is wrong. kindergarden arguments. he can stay there