WTF Brian Burke

Comments

• Habs are 3-1 vs the Bruins this season, who cares which team looks stronger on paper.
  • You have to toss the regular season out the window when the play-offs start.

Leafs were 1-7 against Ottawa back in 2001 I believe . Leafs took them out 4 str8.

4 yrs in a row the leafs knocked the Sens out .
    twice in the 90's Sharks squeaked into the last play-off spot in the West and beat the leagues best team (Detroit)

Tampa Bay, Chicago , Carolina. all have done this and won Stanley Cups.

The teams who have the character players who step up usually Prosper.
    I don't see this in Washington, SanJose, or Montreal..
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    4 yrs in a row the leafs knocked the Sens out .
    actually it was 3 years in a row, 2000-2002 and then again in 2004..
  • Skipped thru the thread, but has GTA POKER said lolleafsaments!?:D
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Skipped thru the thread, but has GTA POKER said lolleafsaments!?:D
    Nope. and Comp I will have to check. But I think everyone gets my point here.
    Nope. and Comp I will have to check. But I think everyone gets my point here.
    There's a point?
  • compuease wrote: »
    There's a point?

Sure. Not always the best team wins.
  • Anyone watching the Heritage Classic.

CALGARY FLAMES 4 montreal canadiens 0

Not sure if it was the ugly jersey's the Flames were wearing or Montreal's amazing play off team stayed at the airport Hilton.
  • Okay. Leafs crawl to within 4 pts of a playoff spot by outing the Habs 5-4 tonight. Sorry Habs fans but I had to say something.

Entertaining game either way. Montreal still has not learned that taking stupid penalties will hurt you. Leafs were almost as bad. lmao

Subban should have gotten an assist on the Lebda goal. lol
    Alex Auld is the perfect back up goalie to start the playoffs with but in this case 2-6-2 in the last 10 and 20 games left with less than 20 points between you and 13th in the conference is not looking to good.
    Jersey has won 7 straight and now will make a run for a play off spot that May fall short. After Monday's trade deadline we will get a better picture of what is going to happen.
  • do you think the leafs make the playoffs HV? cuz i dont.
    ill give jersey the nod over the leafs to make playoffs
  • Leafs are surging and still have a couple easy games up ahead.

Devils are still 9 points back..

Trade Deadline on Monday
  • schabs wrote: »
    do you think the leafs make the playoffs HV? cuz i dont.
    ill give jersey the nod over the leafs to make playoffs
    They may just make it. Seem to be surging at the right time and Kessel has caught a little fire.
    Can't say for sure what is going to happen as it is pretty tight in both the East and West.
    1> We will have to see who gets traded to where over the next few days.
    2. Since it is so close it may be the last week or day of the regular season before the last 4 or even 5 playoff spots are decided.
    Toronto has to win the next 3 games. A nice little streak here would help a lot.
  • Quote from Brian Burke:

I hit a couple of good doubles in the last 2 weeks.
    Now I'm not seeing as many good pitches! (meaning the phones have gone a little quiet)

Now that's funny

Milton Slim
  • Maybe a deal with Col .. Liles think thats the spelling.
    We all know Burke is looking for a D Man to replace Kabby. This guy is actually pretty good offensively. Just don't think Burke wants to pay a little extra.
    6G 33A 61 games and sits 4th in team scoring. I am not expecting much on Monday. I think all of the big deals are finished, If you want to call them that.

Trade deadline day just doesn't have the same punch it used to. zzzzzzzzz
  • It may still be premature but there's soooooo much creamy goodness to bump here
    AIPF wrote: »
    We have the best goaltender in the game. The habs are full of mediocre talent at best.

meeeehhh goaltender, good defense and a lack luster forward problem has them not making it past the first round. if Gionta and Gomez are your best forwards, then all i can say to that is.... LOL:laugh:

AIPF wrote: »
    dont even get me started on subban.. im not racist, but that guy doesnt even belong in the NHL.

Good call's Fed

HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    True Habs fans and armchair GM's LOL

If you really think the Habs will get out of the first round of the playoffs then I would like some of what you are smoking.

There is a problem in the Habs Dressing room. All centered around Mr Subban and his lack of respect. Documented on HNIC and all of the sports stations.

It's got nothing to do with his race but personally I don't like the guy and I sure as hell am glad He is not wearing a Leafs Jersey.
    Price is not a true proven goaltender and will calf during the play offs.

I think the biggest problem in the dressing room is that everyone is upset with Subban hogging all the ice time. 27+ minutes a night from a rookie defenseman.

reibs wrote: »
    I sure hope Price fails miserably or else my stubborn opinion that Halak was the goalie to hang onto is full of fail.

Full to the brim.
    Mole . The body is ready for pick up. Or maybe you would like to just toss it in the ditch.

Seems the toe tag was a bit early.
    The teams who have the character players who step up usually Prosper.
    I don't see this in Washington, SanJose, or Montreal..

Another solid call hockey expert.....those 3 teams start the playoffs 5-0
  • Knew this was coming. :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

Sharks got their asses handed to them tonight.
    Where in the phuk is Thornton. Whinning and picking his ass as he usually does when the playoffs start. Heatly is to busy practicing his post game interviews in the mirror and kissing himself.

I did not say the Caps were going to lose the first round.

Montreal: So what. I don't know whats wrong with the Bruins . It's only 2 games . You have to win 4
    Philly won today.
  • It may still be premature but there's soooooo much creamy goodness to bump here

YUP, premature.... :laugh:
  • The above quotes were still the hockey equivalent of verbal diahrea win or lose for the Habs.

Congrats to Boston, they did all it took to win.

The sun will come up tomorrow and the Habs will still be better than the Leafs.
  • Not to take anything away from Carey Price. This time around he was pretty solid.
    Habs had the Bruins by the short and curlies up 2-0 going home and couldn't
    close the deal. Jacques Martin has a long history of fail in the playoffs. When he made it there. Just look at the guy, No Personality whatsoever.
  • How's that Ron Wilson guy working out for you? Oh, right, sorry, I forgot, you haven't made the playoffs in 7 seasons. I guess in Leaf Nation you call that an "undefeated playoff record."
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    How's that Ron Wilson guy working out for you? Oh, right, sorry, I forgot, you haven't made the playoffs in 7 seasons. I guess in Leaf Nation you call that an "undefeated playoff record."

There's a shot to deep left field....he's at the warning track...the wall....it's gone! Home run Cerberus!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    There's a shot to deep left field....he's at the warning track...the wall....it's gone! Home run Cerberus!

That was a clear foul ball UMP!

Jokes against leaf fans aren't allowed past April 1st. Sorry Cerb.
  • reibs wrote: »

Ump!

Milton Slim
    How's that Ron Wilson guy working out for you? Oh, right, sorry, I forgot, you haven't made the playoffs in 7 seasons. I guess in Leaf Nation you call that an "undefeated playoff record."

I'm a couple hours late and Cerb steals my line. Wilson does have some personality though. Personality of a frozen cowpie.
  • reibs wrote: »

*Cerberus checks with the ump, who bares a striking resemblance to Cerberus* Ump says no foul.

Tough break.
    reibs wrote: »

I don't think his post was intended to invoke humor. Seems like total fact to me.
  • Burkes Buddy! Nuff said
  • The ironic thing about this thread is that there is no canucks bandwagon if not for Burkes work in Van man years ago lol
  • I may be wrong here, and in no way am I underplaying what Burke did in getting them, but the only players left from the Burke era of the Canucks are the Sedins. Luongo was aquired via trade by Dave Nonis. Those D men that were supposed to anchor us? Well, one's in Tampa now (Ohlund) and I have no idea where Jovonoski is but he's not in the playoffs anymore, that's for sure.
    Knew this was coming. :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

Sharks got their asses handed to them tonight.
    Where in the phuk is Thornton. Whinning and picking his ass as he usually does when the playoffs start. Heatly is to busy practicing his post game interviews in the mirror and kissing himself.

found him! he was busy scoring the OT and series winner.