WTF Brian Burke

Comments

• HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    True Habs fans and armchair GM's LOL

If you really think the Habs will get out of the first round of the playoffs then I would like some of what you are smoking.

There is a problem in the Habs Dressing room. All centered around Mr Subban and his lack of respect. Documented on HNIC and all of the sports stations.

It's got nothing to do with his race but personally I don't like the guy and I sure as hell am glad He is not wearing a Leafs Jersey.
    Price is not a true proven goaltender and will calf during the play offs.
    Boston is not going anywhere either. Sorry. Philly is the kid on the block to beat for sure. And I can't see anyone doing it this year.

As far as picking Detroit. Too Old and will not have the legs by the time they get to the Canucks in the western final.

Please to be pointing out where I predicted a deep playoff run for the Habs? If the prospects of them winning in the playoffs are so ridiculous then please set some commensurate odds so that we may have a friendly wager.

Facts documented by Don Cherry on HNIC and by "personalities" on the FAN590 are right up there with the tooth fairy in my books. Actually this issue is sooo overblown that I think it's now a ruse put on by the players themselves. Just last week Martin stated that Subban has been the teams best defenseman.

Re Subban, I am also sure as hell glad he's not wearing a Leaf uniform.
    True Habs fans and armchair GM's LOL

If you really think the Habs will get out of the first round of the playoffs then I would like some of what you are smoking.

There is a problem in the Habs Dressing room. All centered around Mr Subban and his lack of respect. Documented on HNIC and all of the sports stations.

It's got nothing to do with his race but personally I don't like the guy and I sure as hell am glad He is not wearing a Leafs Jersey.
    Price is not a true proven goaltender and will calf during the play offs.
    Boston is not going anywhere either. Sorry. Philly is the kid on the block to beat for sure. And I can't see anyone doing it this year.

As far as picking Detroit. Too Old and will not have the legs by the time they get to the Canucks in the western final.

Yea but who is Philly going to rely on in net, that is better than Price atm? I would even rather have a shaky Luongo then an unproven rookie.

Regarding the Red Wings, I have said that for the past 5 years.... Yet almost every year they are the cream of the crop in the west.... Don't get me wrong, it pisses me off to no end, cus my family bleeds red and white. Something went wrong in my genes....

I sure hope Price fails miserably or else my stubborn opinion that Halak was the goalie to hang onto is full of fail. Also, if the standings remained unchanged, the habs would play the pens in round 1. See injuries.... Habs would cruise through... And I would puke in my mouth.
  • ^^^ I CALL BULLSHIT ^^^

There is a real possibility Reibs is not actually a Leaf fan.

I submit as evidence that post containing objectivity and a level of self doubt. Not possible in Leafs fans that I'm aware of.

EDIT: Oh yeah, your (and many others like you) stubborn opinion was full of fail.
  • Not sure how a goalie winning going 21 straight in regulation undefeated is a shaky goaltender. Please elaborate.

Also, Canucks win the cup this year. Calling it now.
  • All this nonsense about problems with Subban in the room seem to stem from the idea that he refuses to kowtow to the "traditional" role that rookies takein pro sports.
    He seems to have the idea that, because he is on the big club, he should be treated like other members of the big club, too. You know, like a teammate. I think the problem is with the vets, rather than the rookie. I would kill to have 3-4 players with Subban's problems on my (former) team, the Leafs.

So, the consensus seems to be the Canucks, eh? Maybe I should start cheering for them?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Not sure how a goalie winning going 21 straight in regulation undefeated is a shaky goaltender. Please elaborate.

Also, Canucks win the cup this year. Calling it now.

I was refering to his shaky playoff performance last year, and if I recall the year before wasn't spectacular either... i dont watch him play a lot during the season, so he very well could be tearing it up. Playoffs are a different season though.

HM u dont have faith that your team could get past pittsburgh without crosby and malkin? I dunno what is more sad, that or Milo bailing on his team! :D
  • reibs wrote: »
    HM u dont have faith that your team could get past pittsburgh without crosby and malkin? I dunno what is more sad, that or Milo bailing on his team! :D

Never said anything of the sort.....I love how fans of other teams (especially Leafs) project their beliefs on me as a Hab fan. I asked HVEE to set the odds for the Habs in the playoffs based on his self proclaimed knowledge of the probability. Rest assured if the odds dictate it I will make a wager.

Hey maybe you should read this article and make sure to watch the accompanying video closely.

Especially make note of what Lupul accuses him of and how the action actually goes down.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353895
  • Leafs beat Buffalo and are within striking distance of the last playoff spot.

Still lots of hockey left.
    This discussion is getting old. Like talking to a wall.
    Habs glory days are done. I am not an odds maker sooooooooooo.
    They haven't won a cup for 15 yrs and probably will not in the next 15.
    I was refering to his shaky playoff performance last year, and if I recall the year before wasn't spectacular either... i dont watch him play a lot during the season, so he very well could be tearing it up. Playoffs are a different season though.

HM u dont have faith that your team could get past pittsburgh without crosby and malkin? I dunno what is more sad, that or Milo bailing on his team! :D[/QUOTE

Pittsburgh is more than likely done too.
    Washington- If Ovechkin and the rest of the Russians on this team would back check They may have a chance.

Tampa Bay is the Dark horse in the east.

If the Canucks Goaltending is so shaky, How in the hell are they in 1st in the west and overall.
  • Agreed, but he line "doesn't even belong in the NHL" either indicates latent racism or complete ignorance.

or that suban needs an attitude adjustment that he could only get by being sent down, which def won't happen this season. If it really is as bad as some say, it will happen near the start of next season.

On another note, this is normally the time of year where the leafs play their best. Course, they're usually on the brink of being eliminated so we'll just have to see.
    This discussion is getting old. Like talking to a wall.
    Habs glory days are done. I am not an odds maker sooooooooooo.
    They haven't won a cup for 15 yrs and probably will not in the next 15.

I couldn't agree more.

Dude, you insist on sitting there talking shit about the Habs and when you're called on it and asked to put your money where your mouth is in terms of setting odds, for events you insist are a foregone conclusion, you pull the "awww shucks, I dun know nothing about no high falootin odds" routine to backtrack.

Here's a hint, if you don't know what you're talking about, shut up! If you want to claim king of CPF hockey insight, put up!
  • I couldn't agree more.

Dude, you insist on sitting there talking shit about the Habs and when you're called on it and asked to put your money where your mouth is in terms of setting odds, for events you insist are a foregone conclusion, you pull the "awww shucks, I dun know nothing about no high falootin odds" routine to backtrack.

Here's a hint, if you don't know what you're talking about, shut up! If you want to claim king of CPF hockey insight, put up!

lol, that's tellin him Mole! on a side note I was at the Leaf game in Buffalo last night, actually was quite a good game. As someone said previously though, Toronto can sometimes give the illusion of being a contender by making a late season run when in fact it's too late, looks like it has begun.
    What I was impressed with last night is that the current leaf team actually isn't sitting back and trying to protect a lead. They didn't really get going until the 2nd period last night but once they did the solid effort was clearly there. The last 90 sec with Miller pulled was excellent with the Leafs actually getting more chances at the empty Buffalo net than they were giving up. Reimer was solid for the last 2 periods in relief of Giguere although the one goal he gave up should have been stopped, slapshot from bad angle that somehow squeezed through.
    Yea but who is Philly going to rely on in net, that is better than Price atm? I would even rather have a shaky Luongo then an unproven rookie.

Regarding the Red Wings, I have said that for the past 5 years.... Yet almost every year they are the cream of the crop in the west.... Don't get me wrong, it pisses me off to no end, cus my family bleeds red and white. Something went wrong in my genes....

I sure hope Price fails miserably or else my stubborn opinion that Halak was the goalie to hang onto is full of fail. Also, if the standings remained unchanged, the habs would play the pens in round 1. See injuries.... Habs would cruise through... And I would puke in my mouth.

Just going through this one at a time.
    Nothing wrong with Phillies Goaltending. If there was they would not be leading the east.
    Bobrovski 23w 8l 3 otl 2,42 GAA .920 Sv %
    Factor in Giroux, Carter, Richards, Briere, Hartnell and now Versteeg who has someone to play with. Defense is not to shabby either with Pronger leading the way.

Montreal picks up a couple of the Old NJD cast aways and they all figure they are a shoe in to win the cup.
    Price can't make the run. This was proved last year when Halak who IMO is 100 times the goalie Price is.
  • Huet was even better then Halak and Price

The habs have a hard on for this kid, when hes never accomplished anything noise worthy in the NHL.

I cant wait to watch him fail, hes always garbage in the playoffs.
  • I couldn't agree more.

I happen to know a lot about the Game Mole. I only played the sport for 40+ yrs. I have also coached and reffed for a number of years.
    I will talk shit about the Habs. It's my god given right.
    Price will fold like He did last year. They don't have Halak to bail them out.
    You think Alex Auld will. Not in this lifetime buddy.

Not a single Hab in the top 30 in scoring. Canucks have 3.
    Detroit has Zetterberg and there are no Bruins in the top 30.

Bolts could go deep but the only 2 players they Have are Stamkos and StLouis.
    Detroit has a deep roster and a good goalie but the old legs may not hold out if they have 2 7 game series

If the Leafs happen to run really good and all it takes is a 3 or 4 game streak, Buffalo and Atlanta are not that good either They could make the play offs still. But it will be a short series.
  • or that suban needs an attitude adjustment that he could only get by being sent down, which def won't happen this season. If it really is as bad as some say, it will happen near the start of next season.

On another note, this is normally the time of year where the leafs play their best. Course, they're usually on the brink of being eliminated so we'll just have to see.
    What he needs is for Scott Stevens to come back and Hit Him ONCE.

Montreal picks up a couple of the Old NJD cast aways and they all figure they are a shoe in to win the cup.
    Price can't make the run. This was proved last year when Halak who IMO is 100 times the goalie Price is.

Halak is older, making a higher salary and putting up worse numbers than Price. That makes him 100 times better.....solid math.
    AIPF wrote: »
    Huet was even better then Halak and Price

The habs have a hard on for this kid, when hes never accomplished anything noise worthy in the NHL.

I cant wait to watch him fail, hes always garbage in the playoffs.

Yes Huet is better than both, that's why he is in the Swiss league this season.....all of the greatest goaltenders aspire to play in the Swiss National league.

I can't keep up with the stupidity you guys post.

From now on just imagine me doing this every time you type anything.

Facepalm.jpg
  • Gigs is pretty much ASOL. He's hurt again and now will be classified as the Goalie with the Glass Groin. Reimer is the man. Monster is out because of the ticker and the farm team has 1 goalie left.
    I happen to know a lot about the Game Mole.

You hide it incredibly well.
  • Halak is older, making a higher salary and putting up worse numbers than Price. That makes him 100 times better.....solid math.

Yes Huet is better than both, that's why he is in the Swiss league this season.....all of the greatest goaltenders aspire to play in the Swiss National league.

I can't keep up with the stupidity you guys post.

From now on just imagine me doing this every time you type anything.

Facepalm.jpg

intredasting.jpg
    Mole, you are one of those guys that is never wrong, right?

You are a habs fan and defend them and thats great and I respect that, but you are clearly delusional and uninformed when it comes to the game of hockey.
  • So when are HVEE and Mole gettng it in HU for ROLLZ? Ot at least getting a solid bet on? Come on Ron set the line on the Habs doing whatever and see if you and Mole can get it on! We need some drama!

And Ron what level of playing or coaching have you done for 40+ years? I might have done a little of that myself...

And although I always have been much more of a Leaf fan than a Habs fan I am realistic. :)
    Gigs is pretty much ASOL. He's hurt again and now will be classified as the Goalie with the Glass Groin. Reimer is the man. Monster is out because of the ticker and the farm team has 1 goalie left.

You Leaf fans better hope so . . . what is more likely to happen is that, once tape of him circulates through the league (and the snipers find his gaps), he will get lit up like a Christmas tree. Once the snipers get a "book" on Reimer he will come back down to Earth. Cannot believe I am going to say this, but the Mole is the most rational of the lot in assessing his own teams shortcomings.

I may start cheering for the Hawks. They have the best sweaters in the NHL, if nothing else. Well, there is that little bauble they won a while back, too . . .
  • Anyone want their PC fixed? :) I may just make some popcorn as well..
    I will talk shit about the Habs. It's my god given right.
    Price will fold like He did last year. They don't have Halak to bail them out.
    You think Alex Auld will. Not in this lifetime buddy.

Not a single Hab in the top 30 in scoring. Canucks have 3.
    Detroit has Zetterberg and there are no Bruins in the top 30.

Bolts could go deep but the only 2 players they Have are Stamkos and StLouis.
    Detroit has a deep roster and a good goalie but the old legs may not hold out if they have 2 7 game series

If the Leafs happen to run really good and all it takes is a 3 or 4 game streak, Buffalo and Atlanta are not that good either They could make the play offs still. But it will be a short series.

I'm not enough of a hockey buff to really participate in this conversation....

But do you notice the double standard here? Your arguments against Montreal is that they have no players in the top 30 scorers. Now if you look at goals, sure, TO owns 24th and 28th... If you go by points, no leafs there either. You say that Price is no good as a goalie, yet he's in the top ten for GAA and top 15 for save %, no leaf goalies make the top 30.

Toronto as a team is 27th for goals for, while MTL is 24th. TO is 24th in Goals again, while MTL is 7th. Team +/-, TO is 27th with a -23 rating, while MTL is 13 with a +2. Finally, the straight up standings MTL after 58 games has a record of 31-20-7 and is in 7th place, while TO is 25th place with a 25-27-6 record after 58 games. Both teams are in the same division as well, so have similar opponent schedules.

Now, despite ALL of these statistics, you say Montreal has no chance, and the leafs just need to "run really good"?

Consider the mentality behind all this, correct it, and then apply it to your poker game as well!

Mark
  • Typical Habs Fan and Carey Price during a play off game
  • Solid retort...

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Finally, the straight up standings MTL after 58 games has a record of 31-20-7 and is in 7th place

6th in the East actually 1 point out of 5th and 3rd as it were. But yes tied for 7th.....IN THE NHL.

According to the troll patrol that all = garbage. If they could only get Grabovski, Komisarek and Huet back their problems would be solved. :rolleyes:
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I'm not enough of a hockey buff to really participate in this conversation....

But do you notice the double standard here? Your arguments against Montreal is that they have no players in the top 30 scorers. Now if you look at goals, sure, TO owns 24th and 28th... If you go by points, no leafs there either. You say that Price is no good as a goalie, yet he's in the top ten for GAA and top 15 for save %, no leaf goalies make the top 30.

Toronto as a team is 27th for goals for, while MTL is 24th. TO is 24th in Goals again, while MTL is 7th. Team +/-, TO is 27th with a -23 rating, while MTL is 13 with a +2. Finally, the straight up standings MTL after 58 games has a record of 31-20-7 and is in 7th place, while TO is 25th place with a 25-27-6 record after 58 games. Both teams are in the same division as well, so have similar opponent schedules.

Now, despite ALL of these statistics, you say Montreal has no chance, and the leafs just need to "run really good"?

Consider the mentality behind all this, correct it, and then apply it to your poker game as well!

Mark
    We are talking about the play offs here Mark. I said the Leafs need a good run in the last 24 games to make the play offs.
    I never said they were going to win the Stanley Cup.

I did say though that there was no way Montreal was going to get even close to a sniff of making it. They may depending on who they play against in the first round get to the 2nd round. If it's Philly or the Bolts forget it.
    Play offs are a new season and Price proved last year he was not up to the task. He was lucky the year before.
    I also said the Flyers and Canucks are going to be playing for the Cup .
    We are talking about the play offs here Mark. I said the Leafs need a good run in the last 24 games to make the play offs.
    I never said they were going to win the Stanley Cup.

I did say though that there was no way Montreal was going to get even close to a sniff of making it. They may depending on who they play against in the first round get to the 2nd round. If it's Philly or the Bolts forget it.
    Play offs are a new season and Price proved last year he was not up to the task. He was lucky the year before.
    I also said the Flyers and Canucks are going to be playing for the Cup .

Ahh... my misunderstanding....

Well then.. I'll be on my merry way.

Well, one last thing - nobody thought MTL would get past the powerhouse Capitals last year, and would surely be eliminated in round 1. Then the same thing about facing defending Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh, and wouldn't sniff round 3 either.

Things happen in the playoffs I agree, but those things only happen when you get to the post season! :)

Mark