WTF Brian Burke

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    So when are HVEE and Mole gettng it in HU for ROLLZ? Ot at least getting a solid bet on? Come on Ron set the line on the Habs doing whatever and see if you and Mole can get it on! We need some drama!

And Ron what level of playing or coaching have you done for 40+ years? I might have done a little of that myself...

And although I always have been much more of a Leaf fan than a Habs fan I am realistic. :)
    Played AA rep in Barrie. JrB and Ont Jr A (Outlaw League)
    Certified to referee up to Jr B and certified to coach up to Midget level.

I am not speaking as a Leaf Fan . But as a fan of Hockey.
    I hope the Nordiques come Back. I will cheer for them ...
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »

level 4?

u ref OHA? whats your name? my cousin refs in the O and the OHA
    Anyone want their PC fixed? :) I may just make some popcorn as well..

Want a nice glass of Lemonade? I've got some in the cooler next to the beer . . . help yourself. Where's Mark? I thought I heard him earlier . . .
  • AIPF wrote: »
    level 4?

u ref OHA? whats your name? my cousin refs in the O and the OHA
    Haven't renewed my accreditation in some time. I stopped reffing 5 yrs ago when I stopped skating.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Ahh... my misunderstanding....

Well then.. I'll be on my merry way.

Well, one last thing - nobody thought MTL would get past the powerhouse Capitals last year, and would surely be eliminated in round 1. Then the same thing about facing defending Stanley Cup Champions Pittsburgh, and wouldn't sniff round 3 either.

Things happen in the playoffs I agree, but those things only happen when you get to the post season! :)

Mark
    POWERHOUSE:confused: Go back a few posts Mark. Overchkin, Semin etc don't back check. You can't win Stanley Cups without back checking.
    This is why Kovalchuk will never see his name on the Cup either.

San Jose . Thornton and Healy will never see their names on Lord Stanley's Mug also. :-X
  • Milo wrote: »
    Want a nice glass of Lemonade? I've got some in the cooler next to the beer . . . help yourself. Where's Mark? I thought I heard him earlier . . .

hehe, is it hard....?
  • Trade in the works. This comes from 680 news.

Kaberle to Boston for Blake Wheeler and a Draft Pick.
    No One has said if it is the first round pick the Leafs sent to Boston in the Kessel Deal.
    Trade in the works. This comes from 680 news.

No One has said if it is the first round pick the Leafs sent to Boston in the Kessel Deal.

If they're getting Wheeler there's no way they get the first rounder back.

Lol at Burke gathering another US born college player. Biggest impetus behind this is trying to keep Kessel happy with an ex-college teammate. But hey he fits into that third/fourth line mix real nice.
    POWERHOUSE:confused: Go back a few posts Mark. Overchkin, Semin etc don't back check. You can't win Stanley Cups without back checking.
    This is why Kovalchuk will never see his name on the Cup either.

San Jose . Thornton and Healy will never see their names on Lord Stanley's Mug also. :-X

I think Mark meant that the Caps where a powerhouse last year.
    hehe, is it hard....?

I thought you were an abstainer? Hell, have a Scotch . . .

Not a very solid brag about the reffing, if ontario is like bc. Hang around long enough and you get a shot at junior B.
    compuease wrote: »
    hehe, is it hard....?

That's what she said.

As far as the NHL stuff, I'm not nearly the fan I used to be, but would still back pretty much any team before I said the Leafs had any shot. Change owners and then you'll have a shot.
  • Also, HVEE, that Carey Price picture was awesome :-)
    Trade in the works. This comes from 680 news.

You heard hear first. 680 has no clue what they are Talking about when it comes to sports.

No wheeler and if a 1st rounder is involved it is not the leafs 1st thy Boston has
  • Just took a look at the NHL web site. Burke is denying any deal for Kabby in the works with Boston. I have heard this before.
    Ontario is different than BC? Not sure but You have to take an all day course then score a high mark on a written test at the end of the day. Last time I renewed which would be 2003 I had to spend a day in Collingwood.
    They also grade you on your skating skills, where you are on the ice at certain times and how you get along with the players during the course of a game situation. They also want to make sure you are in control of the game.

I liked that picture of Carey Price too cerebus. I lol'ed when I found it. Almost pissed myself as it was so true from last year.

My whole point is Hockey at any level is a 2 way Team Game. Everyone has to work together to win. Everyone has to be able to play offensively but most importantly defensively.
    This is why Edmonton was so good in the 80's and the Islanders in the late 70's early 80's.
    They also had amazing goaltending. The way things are now, There will be no more Hockey Dynasty's . Salary cap will not allow for it. Unless you get 7 super humans who could play an 82 game schedule and playoffs.

I will finish this later.
    Ontario is different than BC? Not sure but You have to take an all day course then score a high mark on a written test at the end of the day. Last time I renewed which would be 2003 I had to spend a day in Collingwood.
    They also grade you on your skating skills, where you are on the ice at certain times and how you get along with the players during the course of a game situation. They also want to make sure you are in control of the game.

Same system in BC, however you have to be a complete tool in order to not pass the test since they tell you what is going to be on the exam. Also, with the grading your in game thing, you pretty much have to be a crappy ass ref to not pass. As I said, hang around long enough and you get your shot. Pretty sure Ontario is the same.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Same system in BC, however you have to be a complete tool in order to not pass the test since they tell you what is going to be on the exam. Also, with the grading your in game thing, you pretty much have to be a crappy ass ref to not pass. As I said, hang around long enough and you get your shot. Pretty sure Ontario is the same.

+1. I reffed for a bunch of years, and I passed the test every year while being a little (ok a lot) "influenced"....A couple buddies and I would write it in Brantford every year. I would compare it to writing your G1 Drivers Licence. However that test only gets you so far. I got up to a Level 2 certified, and was reffing the 3 man system for I think up to Midget?...They do critique your on ice officiating, and as the years went past I felt they did a better and better job of it as you got higher up the ranks. I am sure if I put in the time, I would be reffing a lot better hockey right now... My 24 yr old body won't allow it anymore though lol....

Off topic, must say, worst place to ref.... Oshweken by far!
  • Joe Colborne, Boston's 1st in 2011 and a conditional pick for Kaberle the basis of the trade. Trade call still has to be made to make it a done deal
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Joe Colborne, Boston's 1st in 2011 and a conditional pick for Kaberle the basis of the trade. Trade call still has to be made to make it a done deal

Done deal apparently. Trade call happening now
  • To make cap room for Kaberle. Boston is doing this first.

Boston trading Wheeler and Stuart to Atlanta for Peverley and Valabik. Pending trade call.
  • I kind of figured Kabby was going there. Just didn't know the particulars.
    Burke is notorious for denying a deal being in the works and then next thing it's done.

There was a story on Yahoo.com news that the Atlanta Thrashers may be moving. No one is coming out to the games and they are set to lose 20 mil.
    They just signed Byfuglien ( Sorry not sure of the spelling) to a big contract also.
    Winnipeg was mentioned as a possible home.
    This is the main problem I have with Gary Bettman. Instead of working out something with both Quebec and Winnipeg to get arenas built and keeping two profitable teams here, He let them go to cities that already failed once. Now Atlanta is in the same boat prior to the Flames moving to Calgary. Thats another topic though.

Not hearing much from the Habs fans . They lost in Edmonton last night and have dropped 5 of 6. Keep this up and they may be out of the playoffs too.
    I kind of figured Kabby was going there. Just didn't know the particulars.
    Burke is notorious for denying a deal being in the works and then next thing it's done.

There was a story on Yahoo.com news that the Atlanta Thrashers may be moving. No one is coming out to the games and they are set to lose 20 mil.
    They just signed Byfuglien ( Sorry not sure of the spelling) to a big contract also.
    Winnipeg was mentioned as a possible home.
    This is the main problem I have with Gary Bettman. Instead of working out something with both Quebec and Winnipeg to get arenas built and keeping two profitable teams here, He let them go to cities that already failed once. Now Atlanta is in the same boat prior to the Flames moving to Calgary. Thats another topic though.

Not hearing much from the Habs fans . They lost in Edmonton last night and have dropped 5 of 6. Keep this up and they may be out of the playoffs too.

Im not racist, but Subban missing that hit, lead to the game winner and the loss for the habs. He should just go DIAF (no pun intended)

As a bruin fan, Im very, very happy Kaberle is a bruin.

Also you leaf fans, apparently kadri and a first rounder(the one from philly) is going to Atlanta for Bogosian. This same deal was on the table for Ottawa for Spezza.

Im loving all the action today.:D
  • Deal is done. Colborne and a conditional 2nd round pick. Nothing about the Khadri thing though.
    You're welcome AJ. lol
    Deal is done. Colborne and a conditional 2nd round pick. Nothing about the Khadri thing though.
    You're welcome AJ. lol

Your missing the Bruins 1st round pick
  • Pretty sure at 1:18pm

I said it was a done deal and the trade call was happening
  • actyper wrote: »
    Your missing the Bruins 1st round pick

NHL.com and TSN are saying conditional 2nd round pick 2012. So I guess Colborne would be considered a first rounder as he was picked in the 1st round lol

Bruins moved Wheeler and Damn can't remember the other guys name to Atlanta for 2 other players and to make room under the cap for Kabby.

Add Boston's 1st rd pick This June.
    ....... to Atlanta for 2 other players and to make room under the cap for Kabby.

Omg you're lack of hockey knowledge extends well beyond the Habs it seems. One of those " other players" is Rich Peverley who will most likely be THE most important piece they add this trade season. He's a big step towards replacing Savard who is gone for the season.

Again I would point out that disturbing the existing chemistry at the deadline too much is not a great idea but the Bruins are definitely more talented than they were yesterday.
  • I wonder what kind of pics Chiarelli has of Dudleys wife that he was able to get basically Peverly for Wheeler.
  • Omg you're lack of hockey knowledge extends well beyond the Habs it seems. One of those " other players" is Rich Peverley who will most likely be THE most important piece they add this trade season. He's a big step towards replacing Savard who is gone for the season.

Again I would point out that disturbing the existing chemistry at the deadline too much is not a great idea but the Bruins are definitely more talented than they were yesterday.

Did you say something???
    Excuse me for not knowing the names of players who play in a city who pretty much IMO should have never had an NHL franchise.
    Boston has now moved a little closer to the Front of the pecking order.
    See Mole. They have a good consistent winning team who are a lot stronger than your Habs.
    At least the Leafs have some players other teams are interested in.
  • Mole . The body is ready for pick up. Or maybe you would like to just toss it in the ditch.