Compuease's "buy a piece of a moderator at the Venetian" thread..

Comments

• Milo wrote: »
    I'll assume that is the eye infection typing . . . you're close, but it's actually just Antman013. I would have thought the low balance would give it away . . .

Hehe, I just thought you may not want everyone to know your real id...
  • darbday wrote: »
    dammit only had one sip of coffee so far, sent $10 however you wanna work that out, maybe spend the extra 3.20 on black at the roulette machine, then double it up on blackjack or something.

thx

I'll just add the $3.20 in the payout back to you. Is tha ok? I'm going to try and do a google spreadsheet and link to it if I get a chance.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Congrats sir...my horses never lose.
    STR82ACE wrote: »
    Great start Jeff!!! You're making us all proud...AND RICH!! Keep it going!
    reibs wrote: »
    Nice finish Compuease! Keep it rollin!

Thanks for the encouragement guys but this is VERY early and anything can happen. Lost 1/2 of a $200. buyin at Mirage last night, probably playing too tired although I did "just miss" a couple of decent pots that would have doubled me through and changed it around.. This of course doesn't affect you guys financially.
    Important one to me today, The $150. at the Venetian.. Important not because of the money but rather because even though I have played 3 - 4 times at the V I have yet to cash, although I twice bubbled or close to bubbled. Places that I never seem to lose are Binions, MGM, Caesars and of course the mighty Excal.. Really don't know why that is. Small sample size, probably just variance.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Hehe, I just thought you may not want everyone to know your real id...

Psshht . . . like you all are going to drop down to the .01/.02 NLHE games just to heckle?

You just keep rolling along, Jeff, you seem to have this stuff under control.

As stated, I will claim any unused portions of your offer, and settle up any difference at your convenience. Not sure if anything is left, though . . .
    people seem to know you're a good investment.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'll just add the $3.20 in the payout back to you. Is tha ok? I'm going to try and do a google spreadsheet and link to it if I get a chance.

good good!
  • Nice score Comp......leave a little $$ in Vegas for me though.

I'll try not to miss the boat next time.
  • Started a google spreadsheet and saved it, just can't figure out how to share it as yet. Will when I get some time.. Gotta run out and meet the rest for breaky.. Will update my Twitter as I go during todays V $150. Starts in 3 hrs 15 min.
    Psshht . . . like you all are going to drop down to the .01/.02 NLHE games just to heckle?

You just keep rolling along, Jeff, you seem to have this stuff under control.

As stated, I will claim any unused portions of your offer, and settle up any difference at your convenience. Not sure if anything is left, though . . .
    people seem to know you're a good investment.
    lol, when you are playing the "big game", 10/25 cent like me you may wish you hadn't said that.. :)
    Sorry I'm sold out, if I sold anymore I would be playing for nothing...

This was all supposed to be for fun when I saw Wetts and betrthanphil (and backed them) sell pieces. Was supposed to be just a fun way to create some friendly banter.. Kinda got out of hand since the money doesn't really mean anything to me personally. How I do definitely does mean something to me from a pride perspective though... Wanna beat the % of moniez returned that Wetts and betrethanphil do.. :)
  • You go right ahead and do that to phil. Just leave Wetts out of it. With you being sold out, I need to maximize my earnings on Wetts' run-good.

Good fortune, and better cards, the rest of your stay. :)
  • Sorry guys, just busted 39th from the V... Got it in good preflop with JJ vs 9,10 suited. He raised, I reraised for only twice his raise, he calls and turns the flush. Bye bye. Never really got on a good run here, had AK once, pocket 10's that I made quads with and the J's. Avg stack was about 20K when I went out, would have had 19K if I held that hand and coulda maybe made a run. Not at all upset with the game, just variance. Best news is it's not the big one on Sat.. Don't know what it is about the V though, just don't feel comfortable there. On my way through the V to the tournament I ran into another guy from Milton who plays in our Monday night league. He's here with a group for a batchelor blast.. Small world..
    Now off to the Rio for buffet, tail end of our 24 hr pass.
  • That's okay, Jeff, you've got the bad beat out of the way, now it's all gravy from here on out. The beauty about backing an older horse is that he knows his way around the track, and always picks up the pace when he gets nearer the barn.
  • was fun on this end...nice try
    That's okay, Jeff, you've got the bad beat out of the way, now it's all gravy from here on out. The beauty about backing an older horse is that he knows his way around the track, and always picks up the pace when he gets nearer the barn.

Hope I don't get buried behind the barn... Although I do sense more carrots in my future!
  • Really good horsies get juicy apples . . . :D
  • Just chopped Excal 9am donkament 4 ways, $211. each after tip.. Now going to try and catch the Caesars noon $85, same one I won on Wed... Back on the horse.. More carrots please...:)
  • Have a bushel . . . they're good for the eyes. No apples until AFTER the 340.00 . . .
  • So what are the total buy-ins and cashes so far?

Well done
  • Sorry guys, finished 11th, outa the money, Paid 8... Pushed 8BB stack with Q,10 suited, called by A,10.... No help I'm afraid. Now to figure what next, play another smaller tourney tonight or maybe just play cash for a while and rest up for tomorrows $340.
    So what are the total buy-ins and cashes so far?

Well done

Total buyins to date are $355 and cashes are $847. so anyone with %'s of entire tournament schedule are free rolling or very close to it I believe. I may get a little higher than 847 but not much...
  • Just pasted link to spreadsheet showing backers profits to date in OP.
  • cool. thx

what's left?
    cool. thx

what's left?
    Well V tomorrow then open for Sun and Monday however will be doing more just not sure if it will be V, Caesars or perhaps Wynn..
  • Nicely done so far Jeff. Thanks for the return! Nice to see a horse finish above the breakeven line ;) I would invest in you again if you ever sell in the future.

Everything from here on out is just gravy. And I DO like gravy ;) Keep it up.

Now if only Wetts can do the same this afternoon.
  • +1 re: investing, comp. I like sure things . . . just sorry I missed being able to play the parlay on ALL your action. Play well in today's event.
    +1 re: investing, comp. I like sure things . . . just sorry I missed being able to play the parlay on ALL your action. Play well in today's event.

+1

Do good today buddy! :D
  • Good luck today Jeff. Hope the poker gods are looking after you.
    Hope all the forumers are having a good time in Vegas.
    D
  • Thanks guys, appreciate it. That's what I love about this forum, when it's gets down to it we are pretty supportive here. All joking aside...
    You can bet I'll play my best, now what happens in a single tournament I can't say but I am well rested and in a good frame of mind. Biggest issue I see is that this is a long grind and there are only 15 min breaks every three levels, no dinner break. Gotta plan snacks..
  • Sorry guys, just busted 17th, AIPF my QQ's vs AK in SB. 18 left. I have 55K, blinds are 2/4K 500 ante, Big stack (~130K?) is SB. I'm in cutoff, and raise to 12K. SB raises to 30K, shart stacked BB comes along for maybe 15K. I push (I am not trying to fold into the money. Big or go home baby! SB calls.. He has AK, rag flop but killer K on the turn and both I and short stack take the walk of shame.
    Actually I am content with how I played the entire tournament as I was short stacking it quite a while until I got a double up or two. If my QQ had held I would have made the money for sure. Think I would have had about 130K, well above avg. At least we were freerolling... :)
  • gg...standard spot, nothing you can do there
  • Have an apple, you'll feel better . . .