Compuease's "buy a piece of a moderator at the Venetian" thread..

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    after-all it's just Wetts' money.

FML.

Would buy some but it seems you have more than enough interest.

Get back to me at wsop time.
  • Goodluck....looks like twitter will be busy with everyone following....
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Perfect. Do you feel comfortable waiting for the $ till you get back? I don't have any $online right now.

Of course, your in!
  • Ok, I have now committed to 30% of my entire tournament schedule and 40% of the Sat Venetian $340. Not sure if I want to sell any more at this point. I really really appreciate all the offers of support and no matter what I will give it my best effort.. Man this is a lot tougher than playing on my own dime..
    For those that have offered to buy but I haven't confirmed in my op as yet, let me sleep on it tonight and see where I want to go. Some of us plan on playing the Caesars noon $85. tomorrow, 7500 chips, 20 min levels. Depending on how I feel I plan on playing at least 1 tournament per day. If I'm doing, and feeling well I may add the Caesars Sunday 2pm $235. To my schedule. It has 15K chips and 30 min levels.
    Not to put a damper on things, I picked up a bit of an eye infection on the way down here so am hope I can clear it up with eye drops and avoid a medical visit. It's really bothering me at the moment and I look funny wandering around in the dark with sunglasses on. :)
    It's now only 10:45 down here but I'm turning in to get a good nights rest.
  • Hope the eye works out for you, Jeff. My Dad is going through what might be Pink-Eye at the moment, and it is giving him a real tough time.

Regardless of what you decide v. the rest of the offers, good luck at the tables . . .
  • looking forward to the tournament report. Maybe you want to try the same thing w some of the Ontario tournaments (ie. $1k GBH tourny, etc.).
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    looking forward to the tournament report. Maybe you want to try the same thing w some of the Ontario tournaments (ie. $1k GBH tourny, etc.).

Appreciate it, let's see how this works first.. I am feeling real confident but don't want to get too far ahead of myself. My gut feel is that my tournament game has progressed to the point that I would like to start playing much bigger however that's from me looking inside out, we'll see what others think after this week. :)

Heading out shortly to catch the others for 2.99 breaky special at Terribles... :) Moose finds all these deals..

Playing the noon Caesars after that.
  • Uhh . . . comp? Are the latecomers in for Thursday and/or the $340.00?

Please advise.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Uhh . . . comp? Are the latecomers in for Thursday and/or the $340.00?

Please advise.

Ok, how's this, I don't really want to sell any more of myself (especially at 1-1) for the entire tournament schedule but will sell another 10% of the $340 on Saturday. That will make 50% sold of it. There are a few of you that got shut out as you say so how about if I sell that 10% in 2% increments to the next 5 that post here. Max 2% per per person per household.. :)
    I think that those people that were still offering were Reibs, Milo, T8urmoney, DennisG, Wolfhound, Darbay and possibly Wetts??
    First 5 that post here can have 2% of the $340 at 1-1, ie $6.80. Does that seem fair..

Damn, what I should have done is sold 100% at 1 - 1.2, pocketed the profits and retired... ^-^
  • Payment conditions in the OP for all, including the IOU's or for those I see semi regularily, cash plays as well.. :)
  • In. Will transfer 2% for the 340 tonight on Stars.

That will be $6.80 USD to "compuease(Milton)", iirc.

As well, if you do not sell the entire 10%, I would be willing to claim the leftovers, but I think it will get snapped up.

Hope the eye is better, and good luck at the tables.

$$$ is in your Stars account. I'll still cover any unused portions of your last offer. Just say the word.
  • should have freerolled you for the $340 instead of buying TD $74 Sept. puts :( oh well, can't win them all.
  • Not quite sure why OP doesnt just sell 100% at 1-1? I mean, wouldn't it be great to outright win the tourny and divide all your winnings up to us "young wippersnappers"????

Im in for 2% - will ship this afternoon/tonight on stars. Thanks.
  • Don't forget my additional 5% cut for starting the offers
  • Just chopped the Caesars noon tourney. $85. buyin, 41 runners, payed top 5, I chopped 3 ways for $636. My backers are almost freerolling already.. JohnnieH finished 6th but had a bubble prize of $100. Moose, JohnnieH and I each had 5% of each other.
    I will work out payments to all the backers when I get a chance as we are just about to go out to dinner.

Question for those of you who have done this before, is the payback based on % of total win or total win minus buyin? ie in this case are the backers getting their % of $636. or of ($636. - $85) = $551.? I'm fine either way just not sure what is the right way. Should have clarified this before I guess.

So who is betrthanphil and that Wetts guy anyways? ^-^
  • They bought a % of the buyin so payout is on the total win.

Pretty gross btw. Keep it rolling sir.
  • Congrats Jeff.
    I'll take 2% of the Venetian. Have a great trip.
    D
  • compuease wrote: »
    Just chopped the Caesars noon tourney. $85. buyin, 41 runners, payed top 5, I chopped 3 ways for $636. My backers are almost freerolling already.. JohnnieH finished 6th but had a bubble prize of $100. Moose, JohnnieH and I each had 5% of each other.
    I will work out payments to all the backers when I get a chance as we are just about to go out to dinner.

Question for those of you who have done this before, is the payback based on % of total win or total win minus buyin? ie in this case are the backers getting their % of $636. or of ($636. - $85) = $551.? I'm fine either way just not sure what is the right way. Should have clarified this before I guess.

So who is betrthanphil and that Wetts guy anyways? ^-^

Congrats sir...my horses never lose.

Post a game summary when you get a chance.

EZ game
  • If somebody has bought part of your buy-in, the payback would normally be on the cash prize you walked away with, i.e., % of $636 & not $551.

For swaps, the percentage should be based on profit, i.e., first deduct the buy-in. For example, if you and I swapped 50% in a $10K buy-in and you min-cashed for $12K, then 50% of your $2K PROFIT or $1K would be given to me; it would not make sense for you to give 50% of the $12K gross win or $6K to me and you end up losing even though you made the money!

In my previous arrangements, I would give actual examples of the staking, swaps, tax withholdings and dealer tips so it would be as clear as mud! Good luck.
    compuease wrote: »
    JohnnieH finished 6th but had a bubble prize of $100. Moose, JohnnieH and I each had 5% of each other.

• damn I should have taken you for the whole trip! :P

If I can still take 2% of the Saturday $340 lemme know....I will wait to send $ until I get confirmation please!
  • Milo wrote: »
    In. Will transfer 2% for the 340 tonight on Stars.

That will be $6.80 USD to "compuease(Milton)", iirc.

r u "Antemanxxx" on Stars?
  • CompleXEH wrote: »
    damn I should have taken you for the whole trip! :P

If I can still take 2% of the Saturday $340 lemme know....I will wait to send $ until I get confirmation please!
    You have it, $6.80...
  • This is getting tough to manage.. lol.. OK I have 2% left of Saturdays $340.

Darbay you mentioned you wanted $10. worth, how about $6.80 for that last 2%.? If you confirm and send by Thursday evening, it's yours.
  • I have now sold off 30% of my entire tournament action plus an additional 4% of Thursdays $150. Venetian as well as an additional 20% of Saturdays $340 Venetian...

If anyone disagrees with anything in the OP please let me know asap and we'll straighten it out.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Congrats sir...my horses never lose.

Post a game summary when you get a chance.

EZ game
    Well this is a good lead in to 3 hands I wanted to talk about, 2 which I won and 1 which I lost. Other than those this was pretty uneventfull for me, picked up several pots just by betting at orphan pots with zilch.. Always feels good to do that, altough I would never do anything like that against any of you here. ;)

Hand #1. After playing too many pots in the early levels I'm down to approx 5700 of my original 7500. Dealt 7,8 spades in small blind. Blinds are at 75/150.
    Min raise in ep to 300, I believe 3 callers to me so I call, so does BB, 5 to the flop and pot at 1500.
    Flop is 6 spades, 7 clubs and 9 spades so I have the pair, flush draw and open ended str8 flush draw. I check with intention of check raising. All check (including original raiser) to lp who bets 750. I push my 5400 in and say a little prayer. Original raiser string raises so dealer makes him call, lp also calls.
    Both have about 4-5K left.
    Turn is red 7, I have trips and think I might be good. However original raiser pushes and late position folds. We turn our hands up and he flopped a set of 6's and turned the boat. I think I'm dead to a 7 or 8..
    River a 9, I missed those outs and I end up with bigger boat and triple up, I'm sailing!

Hand #2.After chipping up to about 21K, we're at blinds of 150/300, I'm on the button, with AA. One limper, cutoff raises to 700, I think for several seconds and raise to 2K to isolate. Didn't want to limp as disguise as he didn't raise enough to chase out blinds and limper and I sure didn't want to play it multiway. All the rest fold, cutoff calls (about 8500 back) . Pot is about 4750.
    Flop is K, rag, rag rainbow. He bets 3500 and I think... Not folding but rather, how do I get the rest.... He's not betting anything else if I just call and he doesn't have a K so I push. He thinks and calls with A,K, perfect!
    Turn rag and river the 3rd K. He takes half my stack...
    Nice thing is, I don't tilt, just back to work. Neither of us played it bad, just the way it had to happen I think.

Chipped back up to 18K without really any interesting hands and we're 11 handed (one off FT) our table is 5 handed, avg chips stack is about 30K.

Hand #3. Player to my left has been table bully (TB), playing lots of hands, abusing dealers and other players pretty liberally. Ask Moose, he'll tell you. :)
    JohnnieH is also at my table and we have stayed away from each other pretty well. We each have 5% of each other..
    TB has about 40K, (earlier he had about 80K but had doubled up 2 or 3 shorter stacks at our table including JohnnieH with some weaker hands).
    Blinds are 800/1600 ante 300 I believe, so 3900 in the pot pre deal..
    Folds around to me in SB with 6,8 diamonds. I push quickly figuring I add almost 25% to my stack or get it in likely live. He thinks for 2 minutes while we banter back and forth. I know he thinks I have a big hand and i do nothing to disuade that thought. Finally he calls and tables pocket 3's. Nice, I'm a lot more live than I thought, might even be the favorite. 6 in the door, 8 on the turn and I double up, almost switching places. He goes livid but I'll let JohnnieH tell this part...:)
    Within several hands he's gone, way overplaying weak A to better A's and storms off... Not sure I've ever seen anyone blow up that bad.

Anyways, any comments, suggestions on these three hands and the way i played them?
  • Great start Jeff!!! You're making us all proud...AND RICH!! Keep it going!
    r u "Antemanxxx" on Stars?

I'll assume that is the eye infection typing . . . you're close, but it's actually just Antman013. I would have thought the low balance would give it away . . .
  • Nice finish Compuease! Keep it rollin!
    Darbay you mentioned you wanted $10. worth, how about $6.80 for that last 2%.? If you confirm and send by Thursday evening, it's yours.

dammit only had one sip of coffee so far, sent $10 however you wanna work that out, maybe spend the extra 3.20 on black at the roulette machine, then double it up on blackjack or something.

thx