• You want to know who wins based on Medal Count? Do what I do:

Gold = 3 pts.
    Silver = 2 pts.
    Bronze = 1 pt.

This method results in the following totals:

USA - 68
    Germany - 61
    Canada - 58

I think that is a much more balanced view of things, and validates our claim to a successful Olympics. We do not spend close to what the Germans and the Americans do on their respective programs. As we will be in a virtual tie with the Germans by Games end, and pretty close to the Americans (using this method), I think this is a very positive result for our nation's athlete's. They deserve to be celebrated from coast to coast to coast for their efforts.
  • Milo wrote: »
    You want to know who wins based on Medal Count? Do what I do:

Gold = 3 pts.
    Silver = 2 pts.
    Bronze = 1 pt.

This method results in the following totals:

USA - 68
    Germany - 61
    Canada - 58

I think that is a much more balanced view of things, and validates our claim to a successful Olympics. We do not spend close to what the Germans and the Americans do on their respective programs. As we will be in a virtual tie with the Germans by Games end, and pretty close to the Americans (using this method), I think this is a very positive result for our nation's athlete's. They deserve to be celebrated from coast to coast to coast for their efforts.

I think the right way to do it is with a much higher valuation on gold, perhaps
    Gold = 10 pts.
    Silver = 5 pts.
    Bronze = 1 pt.

That way it makes the current score
    USA - 173
    Canada - 170
    Germany - 167

meaning tomorrows hockey game is for all the marbles (assuming neither medals in the mens 50k mass start). Isn't that a better way to look at it?

We win the game and win the points overall total 180-178... Suck that up USA...
  • compuease wrote: »
    I think the right way to do it is with a much higher valuation on gold, perhaps
    Gold = 10 pts.
    Silver = 5 pts.
    Bronze = 1 pt.

That way it makes the current score
    USA - 173
    Canada - 170
    Germany - 167

meaning tomorrows hockey game is for all the marbles (assuming neither medals in the mens 50k mass start). Isn't that a better way to look at it?

We win the game and win the points overall total 180-178... Suck that up USA...

How about Gold 1000, Silver 400 and Bronze -115?
  • Bronze medal mens hockey game. Almost the end of the 2nd period. Fin 1 Svk 2.

Fins come back to take the bronze from Slovakia who in the 3rd period had a 3 1 lead. Final score Fins 4 Svk 3.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    How about Gold 1000, Silver 400 and Bronze -115?
    That would mean we already have it wrapped up, where's the drama in that?
  • See, when I picked my system, I did not know what the end results would be . . . much more fair that way . . . and very Canadian, too.

Come on Canada, CRUSH the USA . . .
  • Well we're on the way, 1-0 end of the 1st...
  • scoops and I are donking around in the gameroom section. Come donk with us!
  • 25 seconds fucking away from gold :(

Time for a quick Canada score in OT
  • Welcome to my life team Canada, just missing out, I was watching so I must have sent my bad luck to them...........,
  • wiughawghoewogh goddammitttttt
  • I CALLED IT.

Sidney Crosby wins GOLD for Canada.

I knew he would snap out of the funk.
  • lucky ducky chucky:)
  • Best. Hockey game. Ever.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Best. Hockey game. Ever.

Definitely a great game. Ranks right up there with Henderson scores for Canada in 72.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Definitely a great game. Ranks right up there with Henderson scores for Canada in 72.
    Not even close, that was war..... Perhaps similar to the Canada Cup victories, ala Gretzky and Lemieux but not 72. That was THE game...
    Not even close, that was war..... Perhaps similar to the Canada Cup victories, ala Gretzky and Lemieux but not 72. That was THE game...

Very true Jeff, it was a whole different feeling when we won back then against a nation we absolutely hated. Very different kind of hockey played back then also.
  • twas a really good game tho..... The way hockey was meant to be played, fast and furious... And now we have to go back to that diluted stuff?
    twas a really good game tho..... The way hockey was meant to be played, fast and furious... And now we have to go back to that diluted stuff?

yup. till the hockey playoffs that is:)
  • What a great game... I thought Canada was going to blow it in the end, but they proved me wrong.
  • Graham wrote: »
    What a great game... I thought Canada was going to blow it in the end, but they proved me wrong.

I was with you on that one Graham. was very happy to be proven to be a heartless cynic. In OT they were in control. exciting game to say the least

anyone catch the end of the 50K mens' xcountry skiing? wow, 1.5 seconds from medals to our guy in 4/5 th(was so close it could have been either.) tough one to take for that guy but he should be proud. Wasn't expected to be anywhere near the top. GG Devon Kershaw. well done.
  • Posted by Brian Williams of NBC:

After tonight's broadcast and after looting our hotel mini-bars, we're going to try to brave the blizzard and fly east to home and hearth, and to do laundry well into next week. Before we leave this thoroughly polite country, the polite thing to do is leave behind a thank-you note.

Thank you, Canada: For being such good hosts. For your unfailing courtesy. For your (mostly) beautiful weather. For scheduling no more than 60 percent of your float plane departures at the exact moment when I was trying to say something on television. For not seeming to mind the occasional (or constant) good-natured mimicry of your accents. For your unique TV commercials -- for companies like Tim Hortons -- which made us laugh and cry. For securing this massive event without choking security, and without publicly displaying a single automatic weapon. For having the best garment design and logo-wear of the games -- you've made wearing your name a cool thing to do. For the sportsmanship we saw most of your athletes display. For not honking your horns. I didn't hear one car horn in 15 days -- which also means none of my fellow New Yorkers rented cars while visiting. For making us aware of how many of you have been watching NBC all these years. For having the good taste to have an anchorman named Brian Williams on your CTV network, who turns out to be such a nice guy. For the body scans at the airport which make pat-downs and cavity searches unnecessary. For designing those really cool LED Olympic rings in the harbor, which turned to gold when your athletes won one. For always saying nice things about the United States...when you know we're listening. For sharing Joannie Rochette with us. For reminding some of us we used to be a more civil society. Mostly, for welcoming the world with such ease and making lasting friends with all of us.
  • My personal opinion on the Games?

Bar none, the best Winter Olympic games EVER! And not just because Canada did so well in them, but all around, a great festive occasion. This years' games should be the one that all future games try to mimic and improve on.

Congradulations to all our atheletes, and special HOORAHS to those who medaled. And for those that won gold...THANK YOU! You've made all Canadians proud these past couple of weeks.

Also, to CTV for their amazing coverage of the games. Didn't matter which sport I wanted to watch, I could find it somewhere on your network, and easily too. You guys blew your competition away.

OWN THE PODIUM worked! Keep it up!!
  • I hope CBC never wins again after the great broadcasting that CTV put out. The co-operation with tsn and sportsnet was key as we could watch various events going at the same time live. Not having to wait for replays was key as well. Cost $80 but I bought the blu-ray for these games from the ctv site, its a keeper.
  • WHAT A GAME, WHAT A PARTY!!!

Downtown Vancouver was INSANE! My voice is lost from cheering and singing O Canada, My hands are swollen from giving thousands of high fives. Never in my life have I seen so many Canada flags, so many spontaneous street hockey games, or so many people coming together in great spirits and national pride.
    Never in my life have I had to wait in line for 3 hours to get into a pub to watch a game, much less before it opens.
    Never in my life have I seen so many americans vacate a city so quickly.
    What a day to remember.
  • I still think the best result for Canada is the women's Bobsled. Top two places when the #2 sled usually an older sled driven by up and coming developing players. Incredible to think that our #2 sled was better than all the other countries' #1 sleds.
  • What about the 50k cross country guy? Best finish EVER for our country and only .15 seconds out of the gold in fifth place? A lot of our competitors did quite well personally and yet missed the podium by fractions of seconds.
  • The 0.15 secs was out of 4th place (photo finish where they both did the splits reaching).

Bobsled I noticed a lot of the other sleds had canadian flags on them. Not sure if they were made in Canada or if it was just cause they were being used in these olympics. I'm glad for men's the Rush/Brown team won. Leuders is a dbag from what i've read about him.
  • actyper wrote: »
    The 0.15 secs was out of 4th place (photo finish where they both did the splits reaching).

Bobsled I noticed a lot of the other sleds had canadian flags on them. Not sure if they were made in Canada or if it was just cause they were being used in these olympics. I'm glad for men's the Rush/Brown team won. Leuders is a dbag from what i've read about him.

LOL did you see Leuders reaction after his last race?

Classic Dbag.