2010 Winter Olympics

Figured this should have a thread.

Discuss.

Can't believe we have to wait till Tuesday for men's hockey to start.

Comments

• all the female luger's are smokin hot.
  • And, fortunately for them, they have ready made get away vehicles if the donk shows his face. Too bad the rest of us cannot escape so easily.

That being said, there were a significant proportion of hot chicks visible from all countries during the opening ceremonies.

Winter sports babe pwnage, imo.
  • Charles Hamelin chokes in his first medal effort. He seemed more concerned about the guys behind him, rather than how to pass the guy in the lead. Oh well, he's got other chances. Jenn Heil takes Silver in Moguls, and our hockey women destroy Slovakia. Overall, not a bad day 2.
  • Gold in the Men's Mogul event. Bilodeau gets Canada off the schneid. Let the domination commence.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Gold in the Men's Mogul event. Bilodeau gets Canada off the schneid. LEt the domination commence.

"cheers::blob""cheers:
  • Hallelujah he beat the d-bag Begg-Smith.
  • Yeah, I watched the little vignetter they had on his story. I think the solution was obvious: If he wants to avoid the media, accomadate him. Mention nothing about him in any reports. No pix, nothing. If he wins, mention the bronze and silver medallists, with storyline, and at the the end of the article, you finish with, "Begg-Smith won". Simple, sweet, and impossible for the Aussies to complain.

Though I am curious what this controversial business venture is . . .
    nm, apparently he made a killing in spyware/malware. So he is an all-round douche.
  • Great to see Bilodeau win Gold and the story with his brother was pretty cool too.

Yeah, that whole story with Begg-Smith was very odd. They said he was emotionless and they weren't kidding. At the medal presentation he looked like he was a corpse. I think they said he moved to Australia when he was 14 or something.

Which brings up a good point.. Is it just me or are there a lot more athletes this time around who are competing for a country they basically had very little affiliation with? Gf pointed out some girl in the figure skating pairs who was skating for Russia. She's Japanese and just moved there something like two years ago, had to renounce her Japanese citizenship and had to change her last name or change the spelling of it or something. The Jamaican freestyle skier was born somewhere down in the states too.

Anyhoo, I just find it all a bit odd. I understand they have to get funding and support from wherever they can. It's just odd.
  • The story only gets play because it is the Olympics. Flags of convenience, just like in shipping (or Cruise Lines). There are hundreds of kids playing minor hockey in jurisdictions where they do not live, just so that they can "have a better opportunity". Which is crap, because if you are good enough, you will be discovered by someone.
    Anyway, the Olympic thing is not really anything new, just more publicized than previously, because US athletes are starting to get in on it, too. I think it was 2 or 3 Olympics back that half the Italian Hockey team were guys my brother reffed in various minor hockey tourneys around the GTA. It was too funny listening to him go, "I know him" every time the play by play guy called a new name.
  • Men's Downhill (in theory), men and women's cross country, men's snow cross, pairs free skate and men's 500m speed skating. Seriously contemplating pulling the sick card and skipping class tonight...
  • Yep Cerb, I hear ya. Interesting day lined up. Here at the ranch, we've been testing the limits of couch potatoeness during this round of Olympics. I could sit and watch this all day. Likely will.

Do it. Skip class.
  • God damn did we choke like wankers in the downhill. Manny, Dixon, both had awesome chances to make a real impact. but the Canadian curse strikes again.

Guay was awesome considering the injuries.

guess for the younger guys it is a "learning experience" ahead of the next olympics.

Moguels was just awesome for both men and women. Glad that the Mens gold was taken to get that monkey off our back.

And Kristina taking the bronze was a nice touch. Can't wait for the 1500. she should rock that one.
  • So, besides Begg-Smith being a spyware creator, here's another reason not to like the guy much. Or at least his coaches..

Aussies claim Bilodeau's gold tainted | Vancouver 2010 News | Vancouver 2010 | Sports | Toronto Sun
  • Guess you could say he is the epic_donk of the Aussie team.
  • Sour grapes.
  • GG Jeremy Wotherspoon. Just couldn't pull it out at the olympics, but he's still a badass skater.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    GG Jeremy Wotherspoon. Just couldn't pull it out at the olympics, but he's still a badass skater.

Yup. Nothing to prove but Olympic Gold would have been sweet. Still the 1000m to go I think.
  • Love the snow boarding cross event. CTV should have shown the semi's live and not after the live finals. American crying over that one now.
  • I keep falling in love with so many of the women athletes. Im very pleased with Canada's team in that department.

Makes watching it so much more enjoyable. Wish i could be there and give them a piece of the fed.

I hope you BC guys are going to some of the events! Id kill to go watch the olympics and not just because of the women factor.
  • Well, that was a lot closer than it needed to be . . . credit the Swiss for sticking to their gameplan . . .

Anybody else notice how many hawt women there are in the curling event? Holy schmengies . . .
  • i fell in love with the 17 yr old fire box from germany.. shes my desktop image...
  • Milo wrote: »
    Well, that was a lot closer than it needed to be . . . credit the Swiss for sticking to their gameplan . . .

Anybody else notice how many hawt women there are in the curling event? Holy schmengies . . .

At class last night, I mentioned to the Japanese wrestlers about their women's curling team and how hot they were. I got three very big smiles and knowing nods. Goal of wrestling in Japan just jumped up the ladder, especially now that I've found out Hello Kitty sponsers All Japan Pro Wrestling and all the top guys get their own character!
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    i fell in love with the 17 yr old fire box from germany.. shes my desktop image...

She's Canadian

http://www.repubblica.it/speciale/2005/calendari/curling/large/02.jpg
  • Woot! Gold in Mens Skeleton. What an exciting race!
  • Best. Olympics. Ever . . .

Sunday afternoon is the next highlight.
  • pretty sweet US vs. Canada game eh?
  • lol Secret...you dusted off your CPF account to gloat?
  • i actually do read here more than you think... but on that note... WOOOHOOO!!!!!!
  • Yeah yeah, we're just giving everyone else false happen.

As for the ice dance tonight, the title of the Canadian dance was read incorrectly on the air. The actual title was "Beat That Mother Fuckers".