Toronto Blue Jays 2009 Home Opener

I know baseball season is 3 months away but I'm so sick of winter and am in need of a little hope for the spring. So let's start planning our annual trip to the Jays Home Opener!

The game is Monday April 6/09 vs the Detroit Tigers at 7:15. As usual the first 50,000 fans recieve a free Blue Jays schedule fridge magnet.

I'll even sweeten the deal. It's my turn to drive from KW. I'm going to take the day off of work so we can drive in every if need be.

Who's in?

EDIT: BRING QUARTERS FOR PROP BETTING!

1. JohnnieH
2. DrTyore
3. Itsame
4. Hobbes
5. westside8
6. stpboy
7. stpboy + 1
8. stpboy + 2
9. stpboy + 3
10. Pinhead
11. Pinhead + 1
12. SirDonk

Comments

• As always.. I'm interested

Mark
  • They were playing Oakland. I have a great hat!!

Milton Slim
  • Put me down for four tickets. This is one of the days of the year that I look forward to the most!

I'll be booking off work that day....and the next!

stp
  • I can probably either take the day off or the afternoon off too. I'm assuming I'm the "ticket bitch"? (the guy that fronts all the money?)
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I can probably either take the day off or the afternoon off too. I'm assuming I'm the "ticket bitch"? (the guy that fronts all the money?)

Aren't you always? Can your buddy hook us up with a discount? Or maybe get enough for a group and get "Canada's Poker Forum" up on the Jumbotron?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Aren't you always? Can your buddy hook us up with a discount? Or maybe get enough for a group and get "Canada's Poker Forum" up on the Jumbotron?

We don't need group status...

We have Mario

Mark
  • I'm in.
    Already have a couple rolls of quarters :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I'm in.
    Already have a couple rolls of quarters :D

Oh snap! How could I forget about prop betting!

We need at least 25 people to get the "group" status. And no dice on discount, its home opener (albeit vs. Tigers instead of the Yankees/Red Sox for the past 2 yrs)
  • Pre-sale is next Friday!

I will need an exact # of tickets to get for this game...and once you commit to the tickets you are responsible for paying me the money. (even if you can't go, you have to find someone to take the tickets off your hand)
  • How much Wes?

I'm in regardless, but I wanna know how broke I"m going to be

Mark
  • I'll be up for whatever. Hell, if people want to pay for it I can get a box for that game.
  • I am in for four tickets for sure wes.

this is stp btw.

stp
  • I'm assuming you're ok with any price range?

Btw..for those with a preference of prices, please post as well
    I'll be up for whatever. Hell, if people want to pay for it I can get a box for that game.

How much?

I'm in for anything under $80 unless everyone wants a box.
  • How many we need for the box? It looks like we're up around 10 ppl so far. Maybe it's not a bad idea.......
  • I'll get back to you...
  • I am in for whatever. Would like prefer a seat in the stands to be with "the people" but I am easy.

stp
  • stpboy wrote: »
    I am in for whatever. Would like prefer a seat in the stands to be with "the people" but I am easy.

Spoken like a man who's never sat in a box.....if you had you would know why "box people" are better than "regular seats" people :D
  • Got in touch with a rep...I can get approximately $5 off face value, and possibly have some of those crappy convenient charges/stadium taxed waived. However, right now we're sitting at 10 people, and we would need at least 15 to get this to work. I've talked to Pinhead and he might be interested, but if we can get 15 soon to commit to this, I'll get this done ASAP>
    Who's in?
    1. JohnnieH
    2. DrTyore
    3. Itsame
    4. Hobbes
    5. westside8
    6. stpboy
    7. stpboy + 1
    8. stpboy + 2
    9. stpboy + 3
    10. Pinhead

Who am I missing?
  • Pinhead +1

Watts is a maybe right now.
  • My +1 is Liz, +2 is Ryan and +3 is Lisa. Just for clarification purposes.

Include me and that is four tickets. I am still waiting on Donato and his woman, just emailed him today. So I may need two more.

stp
  • Watts is in...so we have 12 now.

Right now, I'm looking at either field level bases, or 200 level infield/bases. Any preferences? It will be approx 70 for the 200 lvl infield, and 55-60 for bases.
  • If you can get the 1st few rows 200 lvl infield, that would be great.
    I'm easy either way though
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    If you can get the 1st few rows 200 lvl infield, that would be great.
    I'm easy either way though

+1.
  • Will post when I get some approximate seat locations.
  • Section 228 - Row 9 and 10 (field level infield) - $66 + the usual convenient charges/taxes
    Section 233 - Row 12 and 13 (field level bases) - $50 + the usual convenient charges/taxes

Confirmation ASAP please
    Section 228 - Row 9 and 10 (field level infield) - $66 + the usual convenient charges/taxes

^^^