CPF Online Heads Up Tourney Matchups, Results and Discussion

Comments

• Moose, I finally have an opponent.

Quimby vs Falkybones tentatively for Thursday at 7 pm.
  • 30 Minutes till I face DataMn... prepare for the match of the league!
  • Why do I continue to run like god in forum games.... I am so mean... Sorry DataMn... I could have sworn u had JJ-KK and I thought I'd get u to fold with the push... wrong:

PokerStars Game #21037547736: Tournament #112403479, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level II (15/30) - 2008/10/08 18:49:26 ET
    Table '112403479 1' 2-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: closemaster (1405 in chips)
    Seat 2: DataMn (1595 in chips)
    closemaster: posts small blind 15
    DataMn: posts big blind 30
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to closemaster [Th 9h]
    closemaster: raises 60 to 90
    DataMn: raises 180 to 270
    closemaster: calls 180
    *** FLOP *** [3s Ah 3h]
    DataMn: bets 480
    closemaster said, "can i really fold...errr"
    closemaster: raises 655 to 1135 and is all-in
    DataMn: calls 655
    *** TURN *** [3s Ah 3h] [7d]
    closemaster said, "ouch"
    *** RIVER *** [3s Ah 3h 7d] [7h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    DataMn: shows [Kh Ad] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
    closemaster: shows [Th 9h] (a flush, Ace high)
    closemaster collected 2810 from pot
    closemaster said, "sick"
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2810 | Rake 0
    Board [3s Ah 3h 7d 7h]
    Seat 1: closemaster (button) (small blind) showed [Th 9h] and won (2810) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 2: DataMn (big blind) showed [Kh Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Sevens
  • One 1st round match left. Awesome! This is running about 10x smoother than I could have ever expected. The credit goes out to you all.

Round 2 officially starts next week and you only have a week to play. So get going on those 2nd round match now please.
  • moose wrote: »
    One 1st round match left. Awesome! This is running about 10x smoother than I could have ever expected. The credit goes out to you all.

Round 2 officially starts next week and you only have a week to play. So get going on those 2nd round match now please.

LOL...thanks Moose... Saw this in the HU tourney website:

"Comments about the game:

Suck out King moves on. "
  • WOW DrTyore def. actyper

Stars is rigged... basic cliff notes :

Cooler
    suck out
    suck out
    suck out
    COOLER
    suck out
    suck out
    "Under the B, 7, that's B, 7"
    Hey! I won!

More in depth: Game started fast and furious, as I gathered about a 200 chip lead before a hand where actyper raises PF, and I call with 8-10, flop comes 10-10-x, I check / smooth call. Turn, I check raise, and actyper calls. River, I push him all in, he calls... A10 > me and I'm down to 200

I get push-botty. My A7 chops with his A4, then a few races go my way (*who knew*?), and I get it back to even when another hand comes up.

Call / check I believe pre-flop, so I see a flop with 8-9. K-8-8 drops, I bet out, and actyper raises me, so I flat call. Turn is a K, and I die a bit inside - check check. River and actyper bets a lot, like 600 of my remaining 1k, and I decide I can at least whine about the beat, and call to see his Kx for a bigger boat.

Push bot time again, I think I win another race here before pushing with KQ into AK, oops... flop KQx, and bricks out the next two - yay!! But I'm not healthy yet... so I push again a bit later with A8... oops! AQ isn't good... wait, an 8 flop is kinda hot!! :)

Final hand, I raise actyper all in, with blinds at 75-150, and my stack at about 1700 with 7-10, he calls with AQ (again?!?), but I turn a 7 on a dry board, and luck my way into round three!

Great game actyper!

Mark
  • Jeesh Mark, did you get in ahead on any hand? :)
  • TiMSuM moves on... gg Tim! I shipped the additional $5..I think thats how this works..right?
  • Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Mark
  • gg Mark. Some crazy hands that game.
  • Good game JohnnieH. That timely boat against my trips was all you needed to get back in it....and of course my 2 pair against your flush didn't help either. lol. Anyway, you played excellent poker, and good luck the rest of the way!
  • JohnnieH def. fludlerk

Final hand was my :qh:10h vs his :5c:6c with the board :3h:2h:6h:5s:3d

gg flud.
  • Ok the brackets are up to date. Remember you have until Sunday to get your match in.

schabs vs moose tonight at 9pm.

and our first quarterfinal match is set. JohnnieH vs DrTyore. gl

Round 3
    Cost: $5.50 + $15
    Prize Pool: $40 (Winner carries forward $30 to next round)

Quarterfinal winners bank $10!
  • Can someone please set up a match for Wednesday at 7pm on P* between myself and Faulkybones?

Appreciate it.
  • Done..in the lobby as: STR82ACE vs. FaulkyB under tournaments->private

Check it first to make sure its okay. password is cpf2008
  • Thanks for blinding me out Brent, got stuck on a job and didn't get back until just now. Found out I was blinded out in 14 min. GL in next round, I'll ship the extra $5.
  • Moose,

Jeff set up a game for us to play twice last week and didn't make either. Tonight we set up another game. He registered but did not come to the table. I blinded him out. Cam was watching and wants to know if this game counts. If it does, we want to play tomorrow live because we both are off work tomorrow.

Brent
  • Jeff,

Sorry for my poor choice of wording. I will live by whatever decision Moose makes.

Brent
  • Graham wrote: »
    Done..in the lobby as: STR82ACE vs. FaulkyB under tournaments->private

Check it first to make sure its okay. password is cpf2008

Thanks Graham.
  • Jeff,

Sorry for my poor choice of wording. I will live by whatever decision Moose makes.

Brent

You have until Sun to play and it is up to Jeff whether he wants to concede or not. If you can't find a time to play that is mutually acceptable by then you win.
  • moose wrote: »
    You have until Sun to play and it is up to Jeff whether he wants to concede or not. If you can't find a time to play that is mutually acceptable by then you win.

Jeff, the only time I have available is tonight 10:00pm Then I sart 7 straight nights of work and 12 hours on weekends.

Brent
  • Jeff, the only time I have available is tonight 10:00pm Then I sart 7 straight nights of work and 12 hours on weekends.

Brent
    Hey I never planned on conceding, now your turning this into a grudge match... You're on! Tonight at 10 pm, same name and pw... If this doesn't work, wet noodles at 30 paces. And no asking Cam for advice, 1 player to a hand... lol... On 2nd thought go ahead, I'll play both of you, I've never lost heads up to either of you before..... Maybe I'll get Dr Larry to be my 2nd.... :)
  • STR82ACE def FaulkyBones

GG man. Had to hit good on that last hand to win it. J10 RULES!!
  • Prophet 22 vs compuease, tonight 10PM EST, grudge match of the century....
    lol, maybe we can sell the broadcast rights to this Brent....
  • I got lucky.. again.. gg Brent, I really was getting good cards, you got lucky to double up with A,3 vs my 10's but I got luck to finally take you out with my A,6 vs your 7's. And No, Dr Larry was nowhere near me.... lol..
    Bring it on Cam! Spoke to Cam on the phone after this match for a while and he sounds good, hopefully he can get some time off and get to the Royal, would give us all a chance to see him again...

Anyways next round, Cam vs myself, Tuesday Oct 21st at 10PM.
  • Ok last match to go is memoose vs krt which was scheduled for tonight but krt had to bail. Thanks for making this so easy guys and keeping the matches ahead of schedule.

Next up:

Round 3
    Cost: $5.50 + $15
    Prize Pool: $40 (Winner carries forward $30 to next round)
    Start: Monday Oct. 20
    Finish: Sunday Oct. 26
    Winners moving on:

Loser should transfer $15 to the winner and the winner's of this match are guaranteed $10.
  • Hey Jeff CALL ME I missed u lat night i was playing in a turny and my money was returned to me not enough interest.

CAMERON
  • Compuease def Blazin 72.

Great match, went most of the way through the 25/50 level. I had great cards and was getting a little frustrated that Cam kept folding to my bets with top pairs.... Managed to get him down to about 800 chips when we got it all in preflop , Cam with 22 and me with A,10. A on flop and I move on.

I could tell you were getting real crap Cam cuz with cards u could definitely outplay me...
  • To mmoose or KRT..whoever I face next, just giving you a heads-up I won't be able to play until after Nov 1 because I'm out of the country.