Nhl

Comments

• WTF Huet for a 2nd?
  • yea huet boggles my mind....avs are making some solid moves
  • actyper wrote: »
    WTF Huet for a 2nd?

Hal Gill was worth more than Huet..LOL
  • Another Habs fan here. Picked it up from my dad and grew up in the 70s so what's not to cheer for during that time. Guy Lafleur is my favourite player of all time.

The Huet trade was merely an asset dump to settle the question of who will be the number one in Montreal. Huet is an UFA at the end of the season and would have probably walked for nothing. Better to get a pick. Besides, Huet never did perform well in the pressure games while Carey Price thrives in them.
    Halak might be better than Huet or Price.

All Habs fans say in unison:
    In Bob We Trust!
  • I'm not really a Bob fan, I'm more of a Guy fan. I had the same thoughts on this season as Saku, about the Habs just making the playoffs. Guy has got them to play as one solid unit without requiring any superstars to carry the team. In regards to Huet, I don't mind the trade, I would have thought they were going after a roster player instead. Wow saying Halak > Price. From what I've seen of Halak he has been solid, but Price has been a rock.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I'm not really a Bob fan, I'm more of a Guy fan. I had the same thoughts on this season as Saku, about the Habs just making the playoffs. Guy has got them to play as one solid unit without requiring any superstars to carry the team. In regards to Huet, I don't mind the trade, I would have thought they were going after a roster player instead. Wow saying Halak > Price. From what I've seen of Halak he has been solid, but Price has been a rock.

Yeah, I was thinking that they would have at least picked up a player that would contribute this year, not a pick. But I trust what he's doing with this team.

Can anyone else say FIRST PLACE?! :)
  • As much as I dislike mtl I have to give credit to their ppower play and goalie...

BUT... What will happend in the playoff when there's 1/3rd of the penality we see in the regular season?
    66% less goal from mtl?!? that doesn't sound good...

There will be alot more pressure on price as well... not saying the kid can't handle it, but at 20, the pressure from the playoff IN montreal to top it off (the craziest city in the world for hockey) ....

We'll see but... unless they can start scoring 5v5 it doesn't look good for them.
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    As much as I dislike mtl I have to give credit to their ppower play and goalie...

BUT... What will happend in the playoff when there's 1/3rd of the penality we see in the regular season?
    66% less goal from mtl?!? that doesn't sound good...

There will be alot more pressure on price as well... not saying the kid can't handle it, but at 20, the pressure from the playoff IN montreal to top it off (the craziest city in the world for hockey) ....

We'll see but... unless they can start scoring 5v5 it doesn't look good for them.

Well they are still middle of the pack as far as scoring goes 5 v 5, or just below average at 18. But if you look at teams like Philly and Pittsburg they got that problem too. Price plays well under pressure, such as last years Calder Cup. I know its a different level of play but he's definately shown that he works well under pressure, and I believe hes capable of playing great in the playoffs.
  • Well the Leafs are losing again, all seems right in the hockey world.
  • Hey guys.... just wanted to drop a quick line...

This may be hijacking the thread.. but I just wanted to say, I really like Bob Dylan, Randy Orton, and Dave Foley...

I don`t really have much of a reason for this, but I just wanted to give some quick biographical info on them...

Bob Dylan: He`s turning 67 this year, which means he was born in 1941
    Randy Orton He`s the youngest of the three I`m discussing here... a pup really being born on 4-1-80 (That`s April 1st), making him 28..

Dave Foley`s in the middle of these two, he`s 45 this year, he was born on January 4th, or that would be 4-1-63

So yea.. random facts are fun!!

Mark
  • I hope traffic's not bad tomorrow on the 401.

• Shoot..

Did I mention that Dave Foley is CANADIEN, erm... CANADIAN!

Mark
  • I like Dave Foley.

He's done some good work lately a very underrated comedy, Robson Arms.

One of my favourites on the show is the Hot Gabrielle Miller.
  • My favourite show on tv is the PRICE is right.
  • Let's all remember to wish Good luck to the Briuns as they continue to get waxed!
  • Sure...now everyone jumps on their bandwagon...:D
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Sure...now everyone jumps on their bandwagon...:D

not everyone
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    not everyone

Yes AJ, we all know you are firmly planted under the bandwagon.
  • Hey now!!

I've always been a habs fan... I just wish I hadn't been too lazy to post the "case of beer" bet against any bruins fan

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hey now!!

I've always been a habs fan... I just wish I hadn't been too lazy to post the "case of beer" bet against any bruins fan

Mark

Lazy? or smart? ;) Series ain't over boys...still lots of time for the BEAR ATTACK!
  • Okay.. one case of beer on it AJ... you wanna take me up on it?

Mark
    Okay.. one case of beer on it AJ... you wanna take me up on it?

Learned a very long time ago NEVER to take food away from a hungry dog ;)
  • What the hell does that even mean?

Anyways.. any boston fan... I'll do it now my 24 to your 12 pack.. .done...
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Sure...now everyone jumps on their bandwagon...:D

Yes I jumped on the bandwagon.....35 years ago.

Alive for 9 Stanley Cups, sadly I only remember 7 of them.
    What the hell does that even mean?

Anyways.. any boston fan... I'll do it now my 24 to your 12 pack.. .done...

I wouldn't bet in favour of Boston winning a road hockey game against 12 year old me and 8 of my buddies.

I will however, put it in your head that I will be interested in wagering on the eventual Detroit/Montreal Stanley Cup series.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Lazy? or smart? ;) Series ain't over boys...still lots of time for the BEAR ATTACK!

The series was over when Boston gave up 2 goals in the first 3 minutes. Enjoy the last 3 games of your season.

I'd even put up a 24 against a 6 pack, 6 free beers is better than no free beers
  • Well, a win is a win but I can't say I was too happy with that effort.

I call a 5-2 win tomorrow night in Boston.
  • lol Don Cherry is so on tilt!
  • Certainly got quiet on this thread all of a sudden ;)
  • What a comeback by Calgary yesterday...