Nhl

Well, I haven't seen a thread about the NHL, and with this being a Canadian site figured that there should be one.

Who is everyone favourite team and why?

Who's going to win the cup this year?

What changes do you think could be made to make the game better? and what rules do you want them not to change?

My favourite team is the Montreal Canadiens, every since I was born my uncle was buying me Montreal stuff, kinda funny because the rest of my family is full of Leafs fans, happy I'm not one of them lol.

I think that with Anaheim making the run they are they have a great shot now, however I think that this is Ottawa's year. I'm just hoping that the cup comes north of the border.

I really like the game the way it is, only change being taking out the shoot out, just keep it a tie after the 5 min OT. Hopefully they DON'T make the nets bigger, because I hate the 8-3 games.

Comments

• I'm a HABs fan too living in T.O. Ottawa is not going anywhere with shaky goaltending. Anaheim will be tough to beat, as will Detroit. Montreal is doing well, but I don't think their team is that good, too many holes
  • actyper wrote: »
    I'm a HABs fan too living in T.O. Ottawa is not going anywhere with shaky goaltending. Anaheim will be tough to beat, as will Detroit. Montreal is doing well, but I don't think their team is that good, too many holes

Their goaltending isn't too bad, but if one of the Big 3 gets hurt, then they are done.

I hope that Montreal can trade Ryder and draftpicks for something(A lot of people were sayin Hossa, but I don't see that happening).
    As for Detroit, I raelly can't see the same thing not happening to them this year, losing in round 1 or 2. They always have a good regular season, but can't seem to grind it out in the playoffs.
  • Yeah I've always thought Ryder was overated. Luckily he's always signed 1 year deals. I'd take Hossa if he intended to resign, not a fan of expensive rent a players.
  • 'Nuff Said...

BRUINS.jpg
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    'Nuff Said...

BRUINS.jpg

It takes a lot to post that in a thread that is dominated by Habs fans ;)

Hossa would be a nice addition but I agree they would have to give up too much to get him unless he was going to sign a decent extension. With all the young talent they have now they can afford to trade a couple, but going after a player with some actual playoff success might be nice. Hossa never really did anything in his other playoff attempts with the Sens, but then again neither did the rest of the team.

Maybe Gainey can find a way to ship Brisebois off to somebody looking for a veteran D man, I'd hate to see them go into the playoffs with him in the lineup
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    It takes a lot to post that in a thread that is dominated by Habs fans ;)

ewwwwwwwwww I'm soooooooooo scared ;)
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    ewwwwwwwwww I'm soooooooooo scared ;)

I'm sorry, I left out the part about 9 straight wins. But I guess that only scares the Bruins, not their fans ;)
  • Edmonton Oilers for life.
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Maybe Gainey can find a way to ship Brisebois off to somebody looking for a veteran D man, I'd hate to see them go into the playoffs with him in the lineup

Atlanta needed him last month for the skills competition. They ran out of those orange things that they players had to deke around.
  • Regardless what happens, it should be a busy trade deadline...
  • Who do u guys think is gettin moved? Hossa? Sundin? Jokinen? Campbell? Forsberg?
  • Yeah, I'm hoping that Brisebois is gone too, I was so upset after they brought him back. I don't think the team needs too much more to go deep, so I hope they don't trade too much away for a rental player.

Great game by Price last night, thats what I like to see!!
  • A long time ago in a not so far away city, there lived a team that before many of you were born used to compete for the "Stanley Cup" with great regularity.
    But, alas, they have had troubles since the "Gardens" has been rumored to becoming a Loblaws

"Go L___s Go"

can you say draft pick!
  • Go Habs Go, I watched the leafs beat my Habs in 67, put a curse on them that day. Didn't know I had it in me lol.
  • may your Aces go cracked until?
    wouldn't that scare you!

Milton "not quite that mean " Slim
  • Die hard Leafs fan. Even when they are dredging the bottom of the NHL standings, I can't shake it.

I would like to see a whole heap of them head out of town on the 26th though.

They started with Andy Woz, shipping him out on waivers a few weeks ago. He was in a dead heat with Dave Ellett as far as who was the most likely to cough up the puck on your own goal line.

Hopefully any number of Hal Gill, Pavel Kubina, Jason Blake, Mark Bell, Wade "I don't fight anymore" Belak, and Andrew Raycrap will all be finding a new home. I don't want to see Mats go, but if the price is right they should go for it and try to re-sign him after July 1.

I want to see the "young guys" Matt Stajan and Alex Steen finally do something on a regular basis. I am tired of waiting for their "breakout" year. They both only have 26 points in 60 games, they need far better numbers to warrant their draft positions.

I want to see younger, faster, bigger forwards, I want to see younger, faster, bigger Dmen, and I want to see a goalie that can stop a puck consistently. With this crop of Dmen Toskala doesn't have the talent to make up for their many mistakes. I like Toskala, he won the game against Boston in the first period alone, but he can't be counted on to do that every night.

I want to see more Canadians on the team. Don Cherry made an interesting point on Coaches Corner, of the last 26 draft picks the Leafs have had, only 3 have been Canadians!

Of the last number of Stanley Cup winners, the teams have been consistently made up of mostly Canadians, yet the biggest market in the NHL, the biggest market in Canada only drafts 3 of 26?

Time for that to change.
  • QueenNine wrote: »
    Die hard Leafs fan. Even when they are dredging the bottom of the NHL standings, I can't shake it.

I would like to see a whole heap of them head out of town on the 26th though.

Hopefully any number of Hal Gill, Pavel Kubina, Jason Blake, Mark Bell, Wade "I don't fight anymore" Belak, and Andrew Raycrap will all be finding a new home. I don't want to see Mats go, but if the price is right they should go for it and try to re-sign him after July 1.

Time for that to change.

As much as you and I, and probably alot of Leafs fan want that to happen, with the NTCs and the contract some of these guys have, it makes it very hard for teams to want them. This is going to be a very slow and painful rebuilding process (if it happens..and we know what happens within the board of MLSE)...but with the right guys in management, it can be done.
  • Personally I think the Leafs scouting department has been pretty garbage as well. Is Antropov really the best home grown player in the past 10 years or so?
  • actyper wrote: »
    Personally I think the Leafs scouting department has been pretty garbage as well. Is Antropov really the best home grown player in the past 10 years or so?

Hate it when I get slapped in the face, with the truth!!!

Milton"Hold that chin up" Slim
  • Wow, great comeback win by Montreal last night. They were down 5-0 and won it 6-5 in a SO
  • I'm a fan of every Canadian team in the NHL except Montreal...
    I'm still a Nordique fan at heart so I can't possibly in my life cheer for the habs even though I live in Quebec.

I hate that team with a passion... they're just lucky.
  • Hossa will more than likely become a Dallas Star think about it...
  • Hossa will more than likely become a Dallas Star think about it...

Care to explain that one?
  • Look for it..Federov to Sens..
  • Sundin to Anaheim for Corey Perry, Francois Beauchemin and a second round draft pick.

Tucker to Philly for Riley Cote

Raycroft to Dallas for Mike Smith

Antropov and Steen to Colorado for Tyler Arnason and Paul Stastny

You read it here first.
  • i think detroit and the duck in the west..the east to many team to choose one

You can't get more than a puck for him. Why would Dallas want to downgrade their goaltending?
    Sundin to Anaheim for Corey Perry, Francois Beauchemin and a second round draft pick.

You read it here first.

You must be a Leafs fan aren't you?
    lol, Keep dreaming.
  • Originally Posted by QueenNine
    Sundin to Anaheim for Corey Perry, Francois Beauchemin and a second round draft pick.

You read it here first.

And I'll definitely have the same as QueenNine, cuz it is a Strong Drink!

As Sundin has refused to waive his no-trade clause this isn't gonna happen. The Leafs would not have gotten Corey Perry straight up for Sundin anyway.