Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

1151618202126

Comments

  • edited April 13
    Great job, Comp. I would be good with making one of the NL tournaments a rebuy- gotta keep Folded in the game.
  • I would suggest you put the schedule in the pinned thread so it's easy to find once you finalize it.
  • Game tonight?
  • Ok will put it in the tracking thread and at the beginning of this thread as is but make one of the NL a rebuy. Yes we will start with one tonight as in the list.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited April 13
    Games posted for this week. Can I ask those that are planning on playing any particular games to register asap because the more people register, it encourages more to join. We will see how this works and adjust for next week if necessary. All suggestions seriously considered..

    LOL, my wife, who rarely looks at the bank account, (just spends) had a look this morning and said what's with all these $20. emts... Think she thought I was dealing something... Hehe, now she says thanks for contributing to our next vacation...
    thisORthat
  • Maybe you should limit the # of runners to 50 - that might encourage people to get in before it fills up. :p
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited April 13
    Maybe we can add a reaction to allow users to say I'm Playing? This is untill i add the system to the calendar that allows you to say yes you are going!
  • Schedule sounds good. But FYI you missed the Omaha Hi/Lo game for this week. ;)
  • Sorry, I messed up but don't want to redo it all. Let's go with it as scheduled on Stars for this week then I will go to the schedule in the first post of each thread for last week. I messed myself up by starting on Sunday... With this world the way it is I have no idea what day it is.. This is Thursday right?
    niks1torontotablecpt
  • compuease wrote: »
    Sorry, I messed up but don't want to redo it all. Let's go with it as scheduled on Stars for this week then I will go to the schedule in the first post of each thread for last week. I messed myself up by starting on Sunday... With this world the way it is I have no idea what day it is.. This is Thursday right?

    Ya when I had a 2nd look that is what I assumed.......all good. We appreciate you doing the set up Comp!
  • I like the proposed schedule as well comp! I would vote for the Sunday NL being 2 optional rebuys.
  • I have added this weeks games to the tracking spreadsheet, hopefully it matches what is posted on Stars.

    Steve I already have the Thursday NL as 2 rebuys, should we really have both NL's be rebuys? Some people like freezouts as well.

    I was thinking of running a bigger deeperstack freezeout on Saturday later afternoon, perhaps $10. and running for perhaps 6hrs, or is that too long, thinking 4 pm to 10pm..
    thisORthat
  • @MrCaspan what is bbcode? When I see BBC all In caps I think of something I else
    compuease
  • Any mix games Omaha and hold em
  • Any mix games Omaha and hold em

    Not at the moment, what would we drop to add it? Not making any changes for this week but going forward we can modify..

    What do the rest of you think? I kinda like them as well. Maybe replace the Sunday night NL freezout with it?
    trigs
  • GREAT Plan Comp.. Love the schedule.. My only comment would be to add a mix game 0maha and hold em but I see this was discussed for a sunday change possibly. All around I'm ALL IN!!
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited April 13
    Addicted wrote: »
    I'm ALL IN!!

    CALL.....
  • Ok, I have modified the schedule on the op of both threads.. Sunday evening is now PLHE/PLO as requested...
    SeekTheGrail
  • compuease wrote: »
    I have added this weeks games to the tracking spreadsheet, hopefully it matches what is posted on Stars.

    Steve I already have the Thursday NL as 2 rebuys, should we really have both NL's be rebuys? Some people like freezouts as well.

    I was thinking of running a bigger deeperstack freezeout on Saturday later afternoon, perhaps $10. and running for perhaps 6hrs, or is that too long, thinking 4 pm to 10pm..

    Have you given any more thought to a Saturday tourney? I'm good with a deeper stack and bigger buy-in. I prefer out tournaments to the other offerings on Saturdays.
  • I would love a deeper tourney and bigger buy in but really can’t play until 730 at night.
  • That won't work for a longer structure, a big % of us don't want to run until 2 or 3 in the morning.
  • edited April 16
    Comp and I have been throwing around ideas to increase interest/participation in the nightly tournaments and have come up with an idea. The details are below. We'd like as many members who participate in the PS home games to comment on the idea and let us know if they think we should go ahead with it.

    Starting Sunday there will be an additional buy-in amount of either $1 or $0.50 added to the current buy-in. This amount will be set aside and added to a bi-weekly "special" game to be played on every other Saturday. The top 9 point getters over the two week period preceding the "special" game will get a free entry into the special game and everyone else who has played at least 5 of the qualifying games can buy in for $5. The additional buy-ins collected from the 14 games preceding the special game will be added to the prize pool for the "special" game. Assuming 10 runners for each of the preceding 14 qualifying games that would amount to either $140 or $70 being added to the "special" game prize pool.

    Thoughts? Any and all comments are welcome. If you like the idea, it's mine. If you don't, blame Comp. (Just kidding)

    Edit: If preferred, we could limit the additional buy-in amount to only those who want to participate in the "special" game. Others would not have to pay the additional amount but would not be able to play in the "special" game. And to be clear, you would have to pay the additional buy-in amount for all the qualifying games that you play to be able to play in the "special" game.
    compueaseAddicted
  • Are people really playing that many times a week? I know I've slacked off recently... but, to be some of the top point getters, are you going to have to play like every day? Like, is the added buy in for every game? Or just the NLHE games?

    Mark
  • edited April 16
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Are people really playing that many times a week? I know I've slacked off recently... but, to be some of the top point getters, are you going to have to play like every day? Like, is the added buy in for every game? Or just the NLHE games?

    Mark

    Just for reference, you played 5 out of the first 10 games and ended up with the 7th most points. You don't have to play every game, just 5 out of 14 to be able to buy into the special game. Or you could choose not to contribute the additional buy in and just play the regular games. And yes, the intention is for the additional buy in to apply to every game, not just NLHE.

    Appreciate your feedback.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited April 16
    One I think we need to clear up if we do this. For any 2 week period is if you choose to participate for that period you pay the extra for every game you play and if you play 5 or more you get into the "special game" for free. If you don't participate you can play the game but it costs you $5. I think the "bonus" money should be kept separate and only paid to those who contributed to the bonus.
  • edited April 16
    compuease wrote: »
    One I think we need to clear up if we do this. For any 2 week period is if you choose to participate for that period you pay the extra for every game you play and if you play 5 or more you get into the "special game" for free. If you don't participate you can play the game but it costs you $5. I think the "bonus" money should be kept separate and only paid to those who contributed to the bonus.

    That wasn't really the way I had proposed it (but if that's what people want that's fine). My proposal was to have the top 9 point getters play for free but everyone else would have to pay. If you open it up to anyone who plays and pays in 5 games some people will effectively pay more than others without any chance of getting in for free. For example, if you play all 14 games you pay $14 to play but if you play only 5 you pay $5 to pay. That seems unfair. The idea was to provide a bit of competition while building a bit of a bigger pool.

    The more I think about it the more thought we have to give this aspect of it. We don't want to make it unfair to anyone so we need to figure a way to make sure there isn't a wide discrepancy between what people actually pay to get into the special game. Maybe you can make it a requirement to play say at least 10 of the 14 games to play for free. If you play less than 10 but at least 5 you can pay to play (say $5 minus the number of games in excess of 5 that you played).

    How do you make this "fair" without over complicating it?
  • edited April 17
    I haven't been able to play as often as I'd like to, so take this for what it's worth... but my feedback is this:

    As this gets more complicated, the interest will go down, not up... keep it simple!
    DrTyorewoog30Wolffhound
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play as often as I'd like to, so take this for what it's worth... but my feedback is this:

    As this gets more complicated, the interest will go down, not up... keep it simple!

    Good feedback Andrew. You may be right.
    Wolffhound
  • I have created a deepstack, 15 min bind $10. game for 4 pm Saturday. Also posted all the regular $5. games for next week starting Sunday evening. Let me know if you see any discrepancies between the calendar here and on Stars.
Sign In or Register to comment.