WPT stop confirmed for Canada

Comments

• Friday sounds great, give me a shout!

On a side note, joined Chris Tessaro very briefly last night (was awesome he gave a few minutes even if I might sound like deer in headlights) on SportNet's The Fan590 "The Poker Show"

Haven't heard yet, but Mike Sexton comes on to talk about Montreal, followed by Greg Merson: The Poker Show

They did take callers to ask questions about WPT Montreal, should be some great info in link
  • There have been some Facebook announcements from Playground staff today about Event 1, which is a 135+15 3-day-one re-entry tournament with a capacity of 250 per day one. Looks like it's going to sell out - there are about 140 seats still available. These are not reservations with deposits, but Playground has a pretty good record that people who reserve do actually show up on the day.

With 750 buy-ins the prize pool will go over $100K so it's looking like a pretty sick low-buy-in event.
  • abyry6y3.jpg

The Winners Belt for WPT Montreal Main Event
  • As the late Eddie 'Van' Whalen would say......we've got a ring a ding dong dandy
  • :)

Gl guys! Anyone play the sats on Party yet how are they?
  • sick cards wrote: »
    :)

Gl guys! Anyone play the sats on Party yet how are they?

The ones for Prague were eeezzeee
  • Anyone know the chances that the $1100 or the main event ($3300) will sell out earlier? I plan on buying in when I get there a few days before.
  • Event 1 is taking alternates already. They have room for like 1000, Savage said they have been instructed to turn no one away from ME.

I'd reserve 1k, not sure their cap there.
  • Are they allowing guys to renter for the Main or is that just the 1100?

If you ship your seat on Party, do they auto register you? It's a package and 1k or?
  • Main is rentry on Day 1b. You can't re enter a day you already played.

Package is $3300 + $2200 for flights, accommodations & cash I believe

Schedule bump: http://www.canadapoker.com/world-poker-tour-making-comeback-to-canada-with-action-packed-wpt-montreal-schedule/
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    The ones for Prague were eeezzeee

i heard people who can't even register properly can still win those.
  • Just shipped my WPT Montreal seat. Did it properly, unlike that T8 fella
  • actyper wrote: »
    Just shipped my WPT Montreal seat. Did it properly, unlike that T8 fella

Could you run any better today ?
    Just shipped my WPT Montreal seat. Did it properly, unlike that T8 fella

Nice work!
  • Nice! agree with DJ, rungood much? How many got packages today?
  • 7 seats, 10 paid
  • Spooky you and Macker21 (acekicker19) wound up playing deep together. Destiny one of you went. You are the "Party Man" though ;)

Sick cards was deep too.
  • They prob hate me, with 2 tables left I picked the table apart.
  • Playground posted this on FB event page today; looks like 350 already in ME

EVENT # SEAT OPEN Capacity
    Event #1 Sold Out, Alternate Available every day of Event #1 at 9AM in person only 750
    Event #2 60 200
    Event #3 45 150
    Event #4 90 200
    Event #5 30 180
    Event #6 105 160
    Event #7 210 400
    Event #8 95 200
    Event #9 85 150
    Event #10 130 200
    Event #11 650 1000
    Event #12 65 100
    Event #13 165 200
    Event #14 140 200
    They prob hate me, with 2 tables left I picked the table apart.

:).

I was playing like a monkey when I dropped to 7500 twice losing a flip. All in all in nobody calling when am shipping ip back to 30k than punted my stack with 14 left.

Gl to all you guys going it sounds like soneone from our forum is going to ship this!Acy, T8, Macker, Btp, Kerr, one of you?
  • 278 for 1a of 150 reentry. 2 start days to go. Like to see them crack 1032 ;)
  • Hey Guys,

I wish I was going to WPT Montreal. I just wanted to wish you all some super luck! I have a good feeling about someone from Poker forum this round.

*Actyper if you sell any keep me posted :)!
  • 21 cash games running tonight, pretty insane!
    Bravo app shows all the way up to 10/25NL

320 entries for 1b of Event 1, over 600 total so far with 1 more start day.
  • Almost 900 for event 1. Event 2 sold out at 200, taking alternates. 6 gtd WPT seats today, sold out and taking alternates...

Great start to this. Heading there Thursday.
  • Just got here in Montreal, the $330 6-max was sold out long ago, with like 2 pages of alternates. The $330 PLO8 has like 40 spots left tomorrow night, and for those planning on playing the $1100, there are like 40 spots left too, before they start taking alternates.
  • Some info/update on events so far:
    2012 Playground Poker Fall Classic – WPT Montreal Event 1 to 5 Update | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News

400+ already registered for 1k, 50 on alternates list an hour before event
  • 24 seats for the 6 seat GTD sat tonight! Sicccc!
  • Posting this again here since its main thread...

So place is packed and 695 for 1b; looks like about 1173 and a $3.4+ million prize-pool!

Everybody is blown away at how big this is, records shattered including some of WPT's own.
    Like 50 players qualified on Party Poker, takes a whole tour bus to move them around.
    Swag is awesome, hotness everywhere and all in all a ton of people are calling this the flagship of Canadian poker to come. Talked to Watts, Timex, Charette, Dunst and many more and it was 2 thumbs up all around.

Been seeing Kerr, Ash, Mark, Corey regular but haven't run into Greg or a few others yet. Met Mikelby, nice guy. Quite simply, have to see it to believe it, but pretty sure the testimonials and TRs will be very convincing.

Thinking they will need a PFC next year as well!
  • Day two pushed back to 12 noon.