WPT stop confirmed for Canada

Comments

• mikelbyl wrote: »
    LOL in theory if you made the top 20 in the June TLB (giving you a free ticket to the $550), you could then WIN the $550, take the seat to the WPT, WIN that, and get an invite to the WPT $25K Championship. Freeroll your way to over a million bucks in prizes.

That's what I'm shooting for...

You got that right mikelbyl! Best of luck to you.
  • Does anyone know if the final table is going to be a televised one?
  • MadMax wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the final table is going to be a televised one?

Not 100% but I don't think so...I am going to ask a few in the know Monday and will post.
  • MadMax wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the final table is going to be a televised one?

The final table will be streamed live on the WPT website.
  • Playground wrote: »
    The final table will be streamed live on the WPT website.

Nice!!!
  • Wow looks awesome.

I wonder what kind of structure they will have in the main and what kind of side events maybe there too.

Sweet!
  • Playground ran a $100r sat with 2 seats GTD tonight...with turnout they are reporting they will be awarding 5

Off to a good start.
  • They just sold out the $550 mentioned in thread, think its at least a few days away. Also ran a $200 Satty have to get numbers for that. Either way great pace in filling 3k seats, if their putting 5 in a week on average, with more as it gets closer, plus Party sats should see really good numbers.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    I'd love to satty into that tourney, looks pretty awesome, minus the re-entries lol

My curiosity got best of me, so started firing off emails and just waiting to confirm a few numbers to write up later, but...

The combined number of GTD seats in satellietes online and off into this will be triple digits. More to come.

Also on the re-entry, got clarification; 1a will be allowed to re-enter on 1b, so max 2 bullets per player. I don't mind this format. Running some rough numbers it looks like we will see an alternate vs re-entry situation anyway.
  • jontm wrote: »
    My curiosity got best of me, so started firing off emails and just waiting to confirm a few numbers to write up later, but...

The combined number of GTD seats in satellietes online and off into this will be triple digits. More to come.

Also on the re-entry, got clarification; 1a will be allowed to re-enter on 1b, so max 2 bullets per player. I don't mind this format. Running some rough numbers it looks like we will see an alternate vs re-entry situation anyway.

Nice :)! When do the sats start you figure and do you think there will be packages with spending $ and accomodations?

Ty
  • for the online satties on party does anyone have a rough guess at what sort of BI they will run? Ive never really dablled in sattys on party...

as long as there's no 2x, 3x turbo satties like stars does I will be content with freezeouts

hopefully they are decent priced sattys and not 1K's though...
  • I can currently confirm that there will daily and weekly qualifiers, at a wide range of buy-ins begining on September 24th on Party Poker.

I don't have any other details than that as of yet, but I will be dissecting some numbers for posting via an article on my Twitter and FB accounts regarding all the guaranteed seats and a very conservative early estimate based on trends on the Canadian Circuit and past events at Playground. I believe most will be pleased with the numbers and I am low balling outside the GTDS.
  • costanza wrote: »
    for the online satties on party does anyone have a rough guess at what sort of BI they will run? Ive never really dablled in sattys on party...

as long as there's no 2x, 3x turbo satties like stars does I will be content with freezeouts

hopefully they are decent priced sattys and not 1K's though...

The direct sats are often 10% or 1 in 10 get seats. So prob 400ish Sunday afternoon. I don't remember ever seeing a rebuy sat on party. Should be qualifying sats all day
  • Guesstimates, GTD seat numbers and my rational/predictions and why via social media accounts.
  • actyper wrote: »
    The direct sats are often 10% or 1 in 10 get seats. So prob 400ish Sunday afternoon. I don't remember ever seeing a rebuy sat on party. Should be qualifying sats all day

thx ash
  • 2 more seats were won last night for the WPT Montreal.
  • Any other tournaments other than the main event.
  • Tons. I have the side event schedule and sats steps on party info now, should make available shortly.

$300 super bounties, 1k Deepstacks, multi start day $135 etc...

Nov 15-26th will have tons of action. ME is 23 start I think.

Let us get it all organized into an article, but have start stacks blind lengths and all that jazz.
  • jontm wrote: »
    Tons. I have the side event schedule and sats steps on party info now, should make available shortly.

$300 super bounties, 1k Deepstacks, multi start day $135 etc...

Nov16-26th will have tons of action. ME is 23 start I think.

Let us get it all organized into an article, but have start stacks blind lengths and all that jazz.

plz release this info asap lol
  • For anyone thats been to playground and was wondering how theyre gonna possibly fit everyone in given they only have like 25ish tables - there is a huge addition being put on, saw the construction last week.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    For anyone thats been to playground and was wondering how theyre gonna possibly fit everyone in given they only have like 25ish tables - there is a huge addition being put on, saw the construction last week.

This is part of the reason all info will be released all at once in next few days tops...don't want to spamming everyone each few days with some new tidbit. They made sure all ducks were in a row and all parties on same page and approve before releasing. WPTc Vancouver drew 450 at $3500 last time it was run. They hope to do better and I have to say they are giving every route available.

Imagine that? An organized poker company?

Sats start on Party September 24th. There will be daily steps etc.

Guys at least 150 seats are gonna be filled it looks like just through both companies GTDs. This will be a gooder

More accurate info very shortly.
  • Thanks for keeping everyone informed Jon.
    We are all very excited!
  • Here you go guys, approved for release, side schedule for WPT Montreal:

World Poker Tour Making Comeback to Canada with Action Packed WPT Montreal Schedule | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News

As far Party, Ash knows his stuff. There will be daily $1r speed qualifiers to $30 range to next Step, that leads to a $300 range final with 1 package gtd each week on Sundays, but obv more depending on entrants. As It will be a package, looks like there will be a few k for travel etc. still ironing out some fine points, but this should be enough to satisfy those interested.

A variety of Freerolls also will run and promotions like promo codes for depositor only routes. Just a few weeks till that all starts. More to come.
  • Those bracelets, are they playground bracelets?
  • actyper wrote: »
    Those bracelets, are they playground bracelets?

The Bracelets are indeed custom Playground Poker Bracelets, and the Belt will be a one of a kind WPT Montreal/Playground poker championship belt.
  • ***if you need a Party Poker account please support the forum and sign up using the banner here, not the one in link***

Online qualifier info for WPT Montreal now available:

PartyPoker.net sponsors the WPT Montreal – qualifiers start September | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News
  • as requested, here is a link for the complete blind structure for the WPT Montreal event: Wpt Blinds.

First and foremost, it is important to note that the tournament will be held with two day 1's (1A and 1B), with the final players from both days qualifying for day 2.The re-entry format allows for a player who busts on Day 1A to then re-enter on Day 1B, as a new player. However, this same player cannot choose to re-enter the tournament on the same day (1A), whatever the level on which he busts (Unlike a re-buy format). Additionally, it allows for players to play on both day 1's individually and enter day 2 with the largest of their two stacks, with the remaining stack entirely forfeited.
  • YRPL wrote: »
    Additionally, it allows for players to play on both day 1's individually and enter day 2 with the largest of their two stacks, with the remaining stack entirely forfeited.

Are you sure about this?
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Are you sure about this?

He's right. I just wrote article for Oct and they asked this detail added.
    Same deal for 1a,1b and 1c of $150 50k gtd event.
  • They have also added another day now. Figured with expected turnout that playing down to Final on Day 2 is too much.

So the WPT Montreal event is now Nov 23-27th, so it will go: 1a, 1b, 2, 3, Final Table.