team competion/How to beat the Bomb Squad

Comments

• What i do know is, if this match were to go down...we would and will hold our own weight!

No question about this. Have played with a bunch of the bombsquad guys and they're really competent.

Your leader just happens to be a ridiculous sideshow - which ultimaltely brings a negative image to your group.

TBH I really think the "group" concept of support and positive team energy is awesome and when I first saw the squad I was interested in learning more. I think the kind of publicity you guys get is mocked because of someone going over the top which is too bad because the concept is brilliant.
  • Also - I didnt read this thread all day. Cliffs?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Also - I didnt read this thread all day. Cliffs?
    Well, a few side arguments, BS suggested playing a 1k+150 2 day at Playground, Jah made a better suggestion of the $300 at GBH if it was going to be a single event, more disscusion on that...
    back to side arguements and it pretty much is shaping up to play out like the Durrr challenge in obscure kinda way, augustish if they can agree on a location, since the OPT nuetral home game doesn't come with an audience...
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Also - I didnt read this thread all day. Cliffs?

-steves blog mis interpreted as a slam against bombsquad.
    -koby inquires on why bombsquad leader defines himself as a poker pro?
    -still no answer but bombsquad talks about how good their leader is and how good of a person he is and steve and koby are insulting him.
    -gauntlet tossed to OPT for a team challenge
    -barrage of back and forths with minions making reference to notoriety of BS leader vs steve and koby. Still not answering the lingering question "so how much did you win"
    -koby's stats are looked up and surprisingly he has made a few bucks in his life playing this card game.BS players suddenly silenced.
    -steve and rest of pfc for the most part re-iterate no one is jabbing BS but one question should be answered and isn't. No one disputes BS leader is good for poker and is great guy.
    -waiting on date for OPT vs BS team challenge.
    -everyone calms down and realizes this will be good poker.
    -Blackmagicz has been entertained all day and hopes this goes down.
  • -Blackmagicz has been entertained all day and hopes this goes down.

I will sleep well.
  • It is entertaining. I sit here with my popcorn and get a chuckle.
    Kinda figured Wetts would chime in again. Yes the concept is brilliant but all I see here is an over inflated ego. Entourage comes to mind. It works better if the player is a constant winner and can blow their horn.
    Conceit can either be wonderful if you can back it up. It can also be well I can't use the type of language on this forum to describe it.

A "Successful PRO" And once again in my "Opinion" is a player that plays for a living and does extremely well. Cash, Live Tournaments and on line.

Negraneau - Gavin Smith - Timex - Sir Watts - Phil Ivey etc

Notice how I don't mention The guy with the initials PH . lol

Just like Wetts wrote earlier, I also have more respect for a player who basically goes about his business making BANK quietly than a loud over obnoxious player who at the end of the day ends up looking like an idiot. Regardless of what He or She has done in the past.

I can't remember who fired the eastern players lol shot, about not being able to play but I would fix that post.

First Canadian to win a WSOP Main event:Jonathon DuHamel East. Que
    Kid Poker I believe has one 3 WPT titles and 5 WSOP Bracelets and is also the top Canadian money winner London ONt. Gavin Smth, Guelph Ont.
    Think they were 1 and 2 on the list.
    Steve Kerr made the list , Orangeville Ont, Wetts also quite capable and has done pretty good on line and in Live events.

I am not trying to take anything away from the western players so don't get me wrong. Just take a look at the top Canadian money winners list.
  • -steves blog mis interpreted as a slam against bombsquad.
    -still no answer but bombsquad talks about how good their leader is and how good of a person he is and steve and koby are insulting him.
    -barrage of back and forths with minions making reference to notoriety of BS leader vs steve and koby. Still not answering the lingering question "so how much did you win"
    -koby's stats are looked up and surprisingly he has made a few bucks in his life playing this card game.BS players suddenly silenced.
    -steve and rest of pfc for the most part re-iterate no one is jabbing BS but one question should be answered and isn't. No one disputes BS leader is good for poker and is great guy.

We did not issue the challenge first...It was quoted from KOBY saying his backer puts him in stuff so he is good for any limit any time....if we were up for it
  • -steves blog mis interpreted as a slam against bombsquad.

What koby has done is good!!! some may even say Great...BUT ROFL i was not silenced lol....if you think those results are sufficient enough to be silenced then your wrong.... I have friends that have final tabled WSOP events and have friends that have had 75+k cashes....IN PCA and WSOPE events....Thoses results will silence somebody....

you a comedian black'?
  • I appologize I was not referring to you but rather that tiny timmy guy (sp). As for your friends I am happy that they are doing well and I wish them continued sucess. I don't play the name dropping game. I have always been humble and never bragged nor will I ever have too..
  • We did not issue the challenge first...It was quoted from KOBY saying his backer puts him in stuff so he is good for any limit any time....if we were up for it

Stop mis-quoting me to better your argument.

this is from the A10 forum..
    acetenbomber wrote:Looks like CrazyKoby wants to play some poker!!!! The bomb has been planted, the fuse has been lit, now CrazyKoby get ready for the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
    My response - I don't even know what this is suppose to mean?? Are you going to show up to a OPT game? Are we going to see you in Seneca? Are you showing up to the WSOP?

Response from Feltgrinder...

crazkoby I think bomber was suggesting we play a team tourney any interest?

even your own team members know that A10 issued the challenge. Again i don't even think who issued really matters, but stop making up BS
  • lol, A,9 bomber, OPT, pshaww... The Rock are to only really skilled and experienced team... The rest of you are only pretenders..... The beloved Royal is the only true test of team poker skillzzzz..
  • I appologize I was not referring to you but rather that tiny timmy guy (sp). As for your friends I am happy that they are doing well and I wish them continued sucess. I don't play the name dropping game. I have always been humble and never bragged nor will I ever have too..

understand....sorry
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Stop mis-quoting me to better your argument.

this is from the A10 forum..
    acetenbomber wrote:Looks like CrazyKoby wants to play some poker!!!! The bomb has been planted, the fuse has been lit, now CrazyKoby get ready for the BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
    My response - I don't even know what this is suppose to mean?? Are you going to show up to a OPT game? Are we going to see you in Seneca? Are you showing up to the WSOP?

Response from Feltgrinder...

crazkoby I think bomber was suggesting we play a team tourney any interest?

even your own team members know that A10 issued the challenge. Again i don't even think who issued really matters, but stop making up BS

I am not making up BS...U clearly went on about how u were staked and could play any limit anytime....
    So that's when Jeff said....Oh looks like koby wants to play....

If u were not looking for a challenge or a game then why mention..

Cough* cough* Your staked and you can play any major event/ anytime....
  • he only mentions this after...you say that stuff.......
  • I am not making up BS...U clearly went on about how u were staked and could play any limit anytime....
    So that's when Jeff said....Oh looks like koby wants to play....

If u were not looking for a challenge or a game then why mention..

Cough* cough* Your staked and you can play any major event/ anytime....

anyone with basic reading skills can tell that i'm making that comment directly to timytight, and not the BS. Are you really taking the stance that you can't figure that out for yourself??
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    anyone with basic reading skills can tell that i'm making that comment directly to timytight, and not the BS. Are you really taking the stance that you can't figure that out for yourself??

If it's so importantant then why has nobody on your own forum raised an issue about this? Even on your own forum when i make the post about OPT gladly acepting the challenge, nobody tried to correct it then. They all knew that the challenge came from A10.

Again i have no idea why you are making an issue of this because i really don't care
  • No i just think its weird...regardless of who you were talking to...It looked like you wanted to play poker and issued a challenge...Then bomber said it looked like you wanted to play poker....Then you said you were not sure what that meant but was curious if he was going to play an OPT event or travel south....
    Someone then decided to chime in and say HE THINKS BOMBER WAS THINKING A TEAM TOURNY....Thats when i asked if you and steve would be interested...NOT A CHALLENGE....lol it got taken out of context as you said steves blog did...
  • Man this is the most posts in a 24 hr period for Koby ever.... lol... How many events are OPT vs Bomber playing in this years WSOP? How about the most cashes being a measure of skill?

Just though of something more immediate, how about members of both teams playing Westside this Saturday? Think there are 4 or 5 Rock playing...
  • Regardless...If you accept the challenge or w.e. it is lol, great....

Like i said before its not going to happen imo... there will be to many little things in the long run that both sides wont agree upon...

after talking it over with a few others here are some stipulations we have: again i am just a messenger...

the event will not be in a basement or Lions hall...
    it will be in a licensed environment.
    the date will be after august 31 after everything has cooled down
    it will be a 2 day event
    $500 a player or more....
    8-12 players per team
    Heads up match's
    6 max tourny
    full table tourny
  • Regardless...If you accept the challenge or w.e. it is lol, great....

Like i said before its not going to happen imo... there will be to many little things in the long run that both sides wont agree upon...

after talking it over with a few others here are some stipulations we have: again i am just a messenger...

the event will not be in a basement or Lions hall...
    it will be a 2 day event
    8-12 players per team
    Heads up match's
    6 max tourny
    full table tourny

Funny how you guys agreed on a buyin and then after OPT agreed you guys (or at least you) change the stipulations. Methinks the so called leader is afraid to come here....... So..... how many of the bombers are playing in this years WSOP?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Funny how you guys agreed on a buyin and then after OPT agreed you guys (or at least you) change the stipulations. Methinks the so called leader is afraid to come here....... So..... how many of the bombers are playing in this years WSOP?

Well I said agree...I miss spoke/typed...Like i said i am the messenger

and i dont know...
    as of now i am the only one scheduled i believe, maybe 2 others...
  • I would not use the word afraid...

Just want to have real dealers and in front of the public eye....Why does it need to be in a basement behind doors...

Jeff has a deal now and can not get caught playing in a non-licensed environment...You can understand that right?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Man this is the most posts in a 24 hr period for Koby ever.... lol... How many events are OPT vs Bomber playing in this years WSOP? How about the most cashes being a measure of skill?

Just though of something more immediate, how about members of both teams playing Westside this Saturday? Think there are 4 or 5 Rock playing...

Do i win somekind of reward? :)
  • Well I said agree...I miss spoke/typed...Like i said i am the messenger

and i dont know...
    as of now i am the only one scheduled i believe, maybe 2 others...

No actually you didn't agree or mis-speak. Your mighty leader clearly stated himself that the buy-in should be $200/player. It's in his forum for everyone to read.
  • Touche.... LOL

But it was when we first spoke....It needs to be worth it...$200/p i mean really? i knew he was gonna regret that after he said it...

Not to mention $200 was voted not worth some of the players time when we talked
  • Jeff has a deal now and can not get caught playing in a non-licensed environment...You can understand that right?

Sounds like someone's feathers are showing . . . what the hell does "non-licensed mean? There is nothing illegal, or unsavoury, about a non-raked game in this province.

Agree with Wetts . . . the rest of the "crew" might be competent players (although why would competent players be averse to playing games other than NLHE?), but the A10 Bomber is a trainwreck.

Hell, put him HU against Steve or crazykoby and even I would throw a hundo Jah's way . . . and I'd give odds.
  • the event will not be in a basement or Lions hall...
    it will be a 2 day event
    8-12 players per team
    Heads up match's
    6 max tourny
    full table tourny

Why change things that were already agreed upon?

A10 and myself already agreed to $200 per player, and 10 player teams

Heads up matches fine
    6 max tourney fine
    full table tourney fine

All this can be done with a great structure in one day, no need to stretch it out.

I can see 12 players for the 6 max tourney
  • Steve, Like i said....I am the msngr....Jeff Asked to up it, as did others...so were asking for $500.
    We both know 2 days is better, were talking September...Lots of time to plan for a weekend off...
  • Why do I get the feeling that, should OPT agree to this version of the event, something else will "come up" that necessitate a change?

Seems obvious the boys North of 7 are being "yanked" . . .
  • idk whats going on here, but mine is 12 inches.

Folded in half.