Fantasy baseball dispersal

Comments

• If that what the league wants, then so be it. Screw it, if any team misses their pick, their loss. I was trying to be fair so at least people who might not be as hardcore and check the forum/league every day can still get a decent player in return.
    Big E wrote:
    I know myself if I was on vacation say without internet access and found out a guy like Kerry Wood or Delmon Young were dropped because of their rank I'd be pissed.

Please tell me you would prefer a decent starter to a player playing in the AAA system right now. If this was a keepers league, then I would agree, but thats just me.
    Big E wrote:
    Wes, who are you dropping...and how could you take Manny on me like that?!

My mistake, I'm dropping Mr. Barmes
    Big E wrote:
    I'll take Hernandez if he gets put back in the pool otherwise I'll take Sabathia and drop Tomko.

Hernandez is yours
    westside8 wrote:
    And Beast from the West selects...M. Ramirez

Beast from the East (aka hugejazz), its your pick

My mistake, had a long day and forgot to put that in. I'm dropping Barmes

Hork, its your turn.
  • Wes, I appreciate the effort you're putting into this.

Before I make my pick, shouldn't the teams between SpecialK and BigE have the option of King Felix if they want him?
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Before I make my pick, shouldn't the teams between SpecialK and BigE have the option of King Felix if they want him?

As a veto from the league, specialk has missed his 24 hours deadline, therefore he forfeit his pick, and BigE has already indicated that he will be picking up F. Hernandez.
  • Ok.

I'll take Holliday. Drop DeRosa.
  • Dinobot's. The podium is yours for 24 hours.
  • Wes, don't take offense, we all understand your intentions...my point was just that me personally I believe a guy like Delmon Young will play this year whether that is right or wrong is irrelevant but I want him on my roster just in case...some may think it's stupid but if he was dropped on me for any of the players on the Milton Rocks team I would have been upset. So as much as your intentions are good there is a potential to disrupt someones team and create an issue....all in a free fun league, yes, we poker players ARE that competitive.
    Anyways, thanks for all your efforts, I think everyone is happy with the way this is going now.
  • Big E wrote:
    Wes, don't take offense, we all understand your intentions...my point was just that me personally I believe a guy like Delmon Young will play this year whether that is right or wrong is irrelevant but I want him on my roster just in case...some may think it's stupid but if he was dropped on me for any of the players on the Milton Rocks team I would have been upset. So as much as your intentions are good there is a potential to disrupt someones team and create an issue....all in a free fun league, yes, we poker players ARE that competitive.
    Anyways, thanks for all your efforts, I think everyone is happy with the way this is going now.

No offence was taken Eric. I was merely drawing on my past experiences with other leagues and making my decisions based on those experiences. I prefer you guys speaking out about how you feel, rather then being disgruntled towards what I decided to do but was silent about it.
  • I am less gruntled now. Thanks Wes.
  • I still want Manny....I have this young superstar that will play this year if you're interested :D
  • Sorry guys, been watching this thread with some interest since it was me that caused the whole issue. I do apologize for not having the time to devote after signing up. I hope you are all happy with the "grooming" job I did on my team to develop them all into the young studs they are today so that you would all get the benefit. I expect world series tickets now to watch my "superstars" perform for your respective teams. :)
  • westside8 wrote:
    Dinobot's.  The podium is yours for 24 hours.

Looks like another person missed an opportunity to draft.

stp
  • Well, hopefully this pick isn't to early but I will pick.....

this was a tough one for me and I'm still considering making a trade for a late round pick or 2nd rounder possibly....

I pick C.C. Sabathia, the best pitcher in the lot.

stp
  • Oh and I'll drop C. Lidle from my team.

stp
  • Flint Bones you're up. 24 hrs from STP's pick.
  • I don't know what has happened to Wes but 24 hrs is up. Flint Bones forfeits. Cool Hand Wray is up.
    24 hrs from this post to make TWO picks.

Then it goes back to Flint Bones 12 hrs after that.
  • 1. (8 ) Brandon Webb (SP)
    2. (39) Chase Utley (2B)
    3. (47) Lance Berkman (1B, OF)
    4. (57) Matt Holliday (OF)
    5. (68) F. Hernandez (SP)
    6. (73) C.C. Sabathia (SP)
    7. (95) Manny Ramirez (OF)
    8. (118) Hank Blalock (3B)
    9. (136) Ryan Dempster (RP)
    10. (144) Garret Atkins (3B)
    11. (184) Ramon Hernandez (C)
    12. (215) Scott Linebrink (RP)
    13. (228) Brandon Inge (3B)
    14. (233) Jeff Suppan (SP)
    15. (235) Mike Maroth DL (SP)

Is this accurate?
    Just want to make sure before I make any selections.
  • matches what i've got
  • Ill take Ramon Hernandez and drop AJ Pierzynski with my round 1 pick and Ill take Ryan Dempster and drop Casey Janssen with my round 2 pick.
  • I guess Flint Bones has 12 hours from 2320hrs to make his pick, I guess we could say untill noon tommorow.

I plan on picking Garret Atkins and if not him than it'll be Hank the tank.

stp
  • ummmmmmmmmmm, guys?

I've been in Vancouver for a couple weeks.

I wasn't logged in in that time.

Someone want to bring me up to speed. If I missed something, maybe a pm would have been in order since I get notification of those in my inbox.

Cheers
  • I'll take Garret Atkins and drop Morgan Ensberg
  • dino's you're up.  You have until 2:06 am to make your pick.  The list on this page is up to date + Atkins, Hernandez and Dempster are gone.
    You must also give a dropped player.

If you don't want any of the players that are left, post that too so we can keep moving the draft along.

I wonder where Wes went?
  • Sorry Guys I have been totally swamped and haven't been looking at the board too much.

Do I still need to make a pick or how behind am I?
  • Andrew you missed your picks. Right now we are waiting on the Dino's. He has until a little after 2 am. Next up is Hork, his pick starts from Dino's post or 2:07 am for 12 hours, whichever comes earlier.

dino
    hork
    redsox
    beast east
    beast west
    specials
    Loosemoose
    blazin

That will probably wrap it up. Can't see anyone wanting the players that would be left. Fairest and fastest probably to put the rest on waivers.
  • My apologies on being away for the past 48 hours or so. Had something come on and just really couldn't find time to do much personal things. Either way, I am going to go ahead and add/drop players as indicated in this thread. And then tomorrow morning I will make changes to any additional draft picks.

Ok, I just spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to work this thing out. Unfortunately, it seems Yahoo does not allow me to add players for you (was there an option like previous years where you can not allow the commish to add players?). Either way, please add your own respective players who have been dropped from the Rock's team. (I will be watching if you add the player you drafted!).
  • I've added G. Atkins and C.C. Sabathia and dropped Morgan Ensberg, F. Rodney and C. Lidle.

On a side note, Beast from the East (Dom) don't worry about loosing 7-3-4 this week to me. It was a good effort and I'm pretty sure I would have beated CoolHandWray this past week if him and I were matched up. I guess we'll see what that'll look like next week.

stp
  • Hork is up btw and has until 2 pm to make a pick.

Next up is the redsox.
  • so wait now, why did I go from 24 drafting hours to a little over ten.

I think I'll just stick with the team I have. Most of the meat has been trimmed anyhow.
  • I'm going to take Ben Sheets and plop him in my DL spot. I'll drop Izturis, who is currently in the spot.

Wes - can you make sure to drop Sheets sometime today? I have to pick him up with my empty active roster spot before I can use Holliday.
  • Red sox is up and has 12 hours from Hork's post.

Next is Beast from the East.