Fantasy baseball dispersal

Just starting a thread here. If we're going to do this properly, it has to be done by the end of this week.

Wes - how are you determining the draft order? Got all your ping pong balls ready?

Comments

• Damn it, you beat me to starting this thread. The draft order will be determined tonight (just so I can have a witness, even if he/she is not in our league). I will post the draft order as soon as its ready.
  • So we'll just email you our list of wanted players and you'll send out trades as per the draft order?
  • Hey Wes How about letting me go first since I am 50 GAMES OUTA first

Cameron
  • Hey Cameron, I would love to keep you around in this league, since you have been an active particpant within the league.
    The reason we are dispersing Jeff's team is because he has been inactive due to various reasons, he is not being disperse because of the results.
    Big E wrote:
    So we'll just email you our list of wanted players and you'll send out trades as per the draft order?

I prefer a post in this thread so that the other GMs have a record who drafted who so they can plan ahead with who they would like to draft.
  • westside8 wrote:
    Hey Cameron, I would love to keep you around in this league, since you have been an active particpant within the league.
    The reason we are dispersing Jeff's team is because he has been inactive due to various reasons, he is not being disperse because of the results.

I think he just wants to pick first :)

Don't worry Cameron, you'll get a lot of ping pong balls.

So are we doing it one pick at a time? If so, there should be some sort of response deadline. I imagine most of the picks will go fairly quickly, but if someone delays for a few days then things could get hairy.
  • I've done a couple "Keeper" basketball pools where all the drafting is done offline, managers post their pick as their turn comes up.

A 24 hour or 12 hour rule would be necessary, if your turn comes up at 6:30pm, you have till 6:30 am to post your pick or email the commish, otherwise the commish automatically drafts the "highest rated" player base on yahoos rankings.
  • Pre-draft, the bottom 3 teams (Blazing 72, Hork's Nincompoops, Red Sox Rule) were given 4 ping pong balls each, the next 3 teams (the specials, Dinobot's, Beast from the East) were given 3 each, the next 3 (stpboy's boy's, flint bones, Loose Moose) were given 2 balls each, with the top two teams (Beast from the West, CoolHandWray) having 1 ball in the draft lottery. The draft order was determined by having every ping pong ball in the bag to start, and balls are pulled from the 1st overall to the 11th overall). The draft will proceed in a snake format until the last player on Milton Rock's team is drafted.
    If a GM wish to forfeit his turn at drafting a player, he may do so (as it is required that he will have to drop a player unless he has empty rosters spots). Please post your draft selection, as well as the player you would like to drop in your draft pick.
    Each GM has 24 hours to submit his pick. The failure to do so will result in a random top 5 player in the yahoo rankings left on Milton's Rocks at the time of your draft pick to be selected on to your team. The lowest ranked player (based on Yahoo rankings) on your team at the end of week 11 will be automatically dropped as a result of your missed draft pick.

Here are the results of the draft lottery:

In reverse order of the draft in the first round:
    11: CoolHandWray
    10: Flint Bones
    9: stpboy's boys
    8: Dinobot's
    7: Hork's Nincompoops
    6: Red Sox Rule
    5: Beast from the East
    4: Beast from the West
    3: the specials
    2: Loose Moose

And with the first overall pick:
    Blazin 72

Cameron, you have exactly 24 hours at the time of this post to make your selection.
  • westside8 wrote:
    4: Beast from the West

Rigged!! Lol. :D

stp
  • Anyone want to offer me their top 5 pick for one of my players?

stp
  • Hello to all does anyone want to offer me a reasonable trade for my 1st pick. PM me and I will decide.

Thanks Cameron
  • Whoo Hoo! I won the draft. What a time to fall into 3rd place.
  • Wow... from 2nd last place to 7th pick. How hurtful

:'(
  • Alright, so some may not agree with me posting easily attainable information but I though I would as I am a really nice guy and some of us seem to have different needs for our team.  This is how Yahoo ranking currently ranks most of the Milton Rocks players....

1. (8 ) Brandon Webb (SP)
    2. (39) Chase Utley (2B)
    3. (47) Lance Berkman (1B, OF)
    4. (57) Matt Holliday (OF)
    5. (68) F. Hernandez (SP)
    6. (73) C.C. Sabathia (SP)
    7. (95) Manny Ramirez (OF)
    8. (118) Hank Blalock (3B)
    9. (136) Ryan Dempster (RP)
    10. (144) Garret Atkins (3B)
    11. (184) Ramon Hernandez (C)
    12. (215) Scott Linebrink (RP)
    13. (228) Brandon Inge (3B)
    14. (233) Jeff Suppan (SP)
    15. (235) Mike Maroth DL (SP)

Now of course with me picking 9th, do I really think that the only closer in the list will still be there or that Manny Ramirez won't go in the top 3?  I could be inclined to risk it and just grab Maroth, he's a stud.  Also check out Craig Counsel on the list of players, he's solid.

stp
  • Yahoo's rankings are shitty.

But please use them :)
  • westside8 wrote:

Each GM has 24 hours to submit his pick.  The failure to do so will result in a random top 5 player in the yahoo rankings left on Milton's Rocks at the time of your draft pick to be selected on to your team.  The lowest ranked player (based on Yahoo rankings) on your team at the end of week 11 will be automatically dropped as a result of your missed draft pick.

Why would you do that? Just skip his pick. If a team doesn't bother to draft anyone, then they don't want any players.
  • I agree with Moose here, if you go 24 hours without a decision then you should be skipped. Now did Cam's 24 hours start last night at 20:30?
  • I call dibs on MacDougal. He hasn't allowed a run all year!!
  • With the First Pick Blazin 72

B. Webb
    (Ari - SP)
  • moose wrote:
    Just to speed things along My top 2 picks are:
    1. utley

drop:
    cabrera

You can post this as soon as Blazin72 posts his pick.

I would make an announcement to draft as quick as possible. Otherwise at 24hrs a pick it is going to take almost 2 weeks to draft off his team.

So Moose is taking Chase Utley. specialk...its your pick.
  • Blazin - you have to give your dropped player too.

So when do we get our new players?
  • Sus-pense
  • moose wrote:
    Blazin - you have to give your dropped player too.

M. Murton (ChC - OF) Drop Blazin 72
  • moose wrote:
    Blazin - you have to give your dropped player too.

At the end of week 11 (after all the game are completed this Sunday)
  • 24 hours limit have passed for specialk...therefore the automated drafting selects...Felix Hernandez

He will be dropping D. Erstad as a result of his absence.

And Beast from the West selects...M. Ramirez

Beast from the East (aka hugejazz), its your pick
  • I'll take LANCE BERKMAN (1B, OF) and drop MATT KEMP (OF).
  • RedSoxRule aka BigE..its your pick

Beginning in the SECOND round, the time limit will be down to 12 hours, and if you miss your pick, you will FORFEIT your pick.
  • westside8 wrote:
    24 hours limit have passed for specialk...therefore the automated drafting selects...Felix Hernandez

He will be dropping D. Erstad as a result of his absence.

And Beast from the West selects...M. Ramirez

Beast from the East (aka hugejazz), its your pick

Arggh!!!!

I'm sorry but this draft thing is turning into a joke. Erstad is the lowest ranked player on the specials because he's been on the dl since Apr. He just came back two days ago. I'm pissed that you are monkeying around with the teams. It is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. You are screwing up the league by adding players that maybe teams can't use and dropping players that a) may be in a critical position for that team and b) the other teams may want. I don't see the point.

What are you going to do if Coolhandwray misses his pick - put Roger Clemens out on waivers because he is ranked 918?

Please put Hernandez back in the draft and leave the specials alone. If a team misses their pick, then that is their loss.
  • moose wrote:

Please put Hernandez back in the draft and leave the specials alone.  If a team misses their pick, then that is their loss.

Agreed.

stp
  • I totally agree with Moose on this one Wes, I know you are trying to do the best thing for the league but you gave ample notifications to all managers. I know myself if I was on vacation say  without internet access and found out a guy like Kerry Wood or Delmon Young were dropped because of their rank I'd be pissed.
    I think Hernandez should be put back in the pool.

Wes, who are you dropping...and how could you take Manny on me like that?!

I'll take Hernandez if he gets put back in the pool otherwise I'll take Sabathia and drop Tomko.
  • I just looked at my team and if I were to have my worst player (rank wise) taken off my team it would be Sean Casey. He was on the DL most of the season but is now tearing it up. I say Kyle loses his pick. Sorry pal.

stp