RRROOOLLLL UP RIM TO WIN.....

Now that roll up the rim to win at Tim Horton's has started up...anyone ever one more then a coffee or a donut??? I'll admit I venture more to Timmy's when the promotion is on, but never one anything of any value....but maybe one day!!!

Comments

• I don't know if this is true or not, but according to one friend who recently (a few months ago) started working at Timmys told me the win rate for a large is higher then that of a medium or x-large. Woohoo!!! for half price Timmys on campus!!!
  • I buddy of mine won 1000.00 in this. On his way home to tell his wife he blew the transmission on his car. Quickest grand he ever spent.
  • http://www.timhortons.com/en/about/2006-rutw-rules.html

Open the PDF on this page for a complete breakdown of all of the prizes based on region and cup size. These guys don't put anything to chance, it is very deliberate how they distribute the prizes. Only thing more controlled are "the loosest slots in town". Wes is also correct that your best odds are if you buy a large (just like going 3 coins on the slots). Check out the tables on page 2.
  • anyone ever one more then a coffee or a donut???
    Almost. I ran in to grab a coffee and was humming and hawing about grabbing Jenn a tea. It was pretty late, so I decided against it. The guy behind me (who got the cup that would have been Jenn's tea) won the monster home theater system. :'(

My friend and I had a nice string of luck in college where we would win about 5 coffees for every 1 we purchased (yes, the odds of this were unreal).
  • There are WAY more Large cups sold than XL or M. Not sure if your chance at winning is actually significantly greater when you purchase a large.

Also, there's the theory that the distribution of winning cups is heavily weighted towards the beginning of the contest. I'm not sure if I buy this, but my small sample size (in the grand scheme of things) seems to support this theory.
  • All I know is I am 0/3 so far...and I will be sick of Timmy's in a week!!!
  • I'm 0/3 today.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    There are WAY more Large cups sold than XL or M. Not sure if your chance at winning is actually significantly greater when you purchase a large.

This is a good point. For example, according to the contest rules, in Region 4 the probabilities of winning the grand prize when purchasing the various cup sizes are as follows:

Medium: 3/27,855 or 1/9,285

Large: 4/47,020 or 1/11,755

X-Large: 1/15,953

So, the medium size offers the best chance of winning the grand prize in Region 4.

ScottyZ
  • very interesting, is waterloo considered southwestern ontario? because if i'm in region 4, i'm going to start going to timmys 5 times a day.
  • 1/1 free coffee

My impression is that you used to win about 1/5 times now it seems more like 1/10

What are the odds there of a minor prize Scotty?
  • 0/3 today, 0/5 overall :rage:
  • What are the odds there of a minor prize Scotty?

From the contest rules:

"...the overall approximate odds of being eligible to win a food prize are one in 9."

ScottyZ
  • You are on to something there, Scotty!!

I work with a guy that drinks 4 Mediums a day. (One on the drive in, then one at each break thoughout the day)

He seams to win every other day or so, on average. No word of a lie, I personal saw him win 5 times straight!! But only little prizes, no TVs or cars or anything.

I like to keep track of my win to loss ratio, just for fun.

JohnnieH

0-2, .000
  • 0 for 7 in 2 days. sheesh. There is people in my office that dont roll their rim. I was like "wtf".
    I wonder how many prizes go unclaimed from people that dont check their cup.
  • I am 0/3 so far
    'm 0/3 today.
    i'm going to start going to timmys 5 times a day.
    0/3 today, 0/5 overall
    I work with a guy that drinks 4 Mediums a day.
    0-2, .000
    0 for 7 in 2 days

Screw the roll up to win. I'm getting in on the IPO.
  • March 24...
  • 0-2 on day 1.
    i just had a revelation, if you buy tea they give you 2 cups...
  • I've always seen them double-cup with one contest cup and one plain cup...
  • those sneaky tim horton wokers!
    Dont be stingy on the cups!!!
    0/2 :(
  • DING DING DING!

You Win a Donut!!!

1/8 day 3.
  • 1/8 for a coffee. Hmph.
  • that's it, i'm going to tim hortons right now...
    Hork42 wrote:
    I've always seen them double-cup with one contest cup and one plain cup...

when i went yesterday they gave me 2 roll uup the rim cups
    0-4
  • specialK wrote:
    that's it, i'm going to tim hortons right now...
    Hork42 wrote:

0-4

I have to find that Timmies... "Can you please triple-cup my warm milk? I have very sensitive hands and don't want to burn myself"
  • specialK wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:

0-4

Which timmys did you go to kyle? The one at SLC always did one contest and one plain for me.
  • Another 0-2 day moving to 0-8 overall. When will the streak end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1/1 First time I've ever tried aswell. Got myself a free coffee.
  • westside8 wrote:
    specialK wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:

0-4

Which timmys did you go to kyle? The one at SLC always did one contest and one plain for me.

the one on philip street, by albert... it's in the parkdale plaza, pretty long walk for tea though. maybe it's cause i flirted with the girl working there??
  • I am 0/3. I have time thou. The odds are 1/8 I think. :D
  • Now 0/10...and brutally sick of Timmy's. Was never a huge fan of it anyways....can't give up now....due to win....need new strategy.....should I roll before the coffee is done, try a different size, a different town.....really wearing on me....need help!!!!
  • I'm 0/6 now....it sure is exciting to roll it up and dream of winning that Rav though....

stp