Road Hockey Anyone???

13»

Comments

• Cool - Adam and I will be there too - hopefully there are a few more - we should be there by about 2:45 - hope to see others
  • We're going to try the outdoor rink in Bridgeport this weekend (Mar 12). Trevor will post directions. I will definitely come out of we have at least 10 people so please post if you are 100% sure you'll be there.
  • I'm planning to be there.

Jordo
  • melikebeer wrote:
    I'm planning to be there.

Jordo

Yep, me too.

I think I've finally recovered from LAST Sunday.

Damn, I'm out of shape!
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    melikebeer wrote:
    I'm planning to be there.

Jordo

Yep, me too.

I think I've finally recovered from LAST Sunday.

Damn, I'm out of shape!

LOL, Talk about out of shape....Jordo and I moved my downstairs fridge upstairs, my upstairs fridge downstairs (my wife's bright idea?), played ice hockey for an hour then road hockey....I'm surprised I didn't snap my spine and puke out both lungs as my heart exploded from my body like that poor SOB in Alien!!!!
  • The snow's melted so the rink looks great now. You can use the map at http://www.kcf.org/aboutus/location.html . Basically, take Bridge St. just past Lancaster (the Dollhouse), turn left on Bloomingdale Road and drive out to Bloomingdale. Go past the church and Simpsons Screen Print, turn right at the street before the ball diamonds, and the rink is behind the community center.

So far Eric, Jordo, Johnnie, and I are confirmed. Who else is coming out?
  • Adam and I will be there. Look forward to it.
  • beanie42 wrote:
    So far Eric, Jordo, Johnnie, and I are confirmed. Who else is coming out?

I'm still feeling kinda ill, so I'll decide tomorrow if I'm coming.

JohnnieH
  • Hey guys,

I'm not really feeling up to road hockey today...I think I'll skip it...and it looks like interest has dropped anyways. Hopefully with nicer weather coming we can get some better turn outs over the next few weeks but count myself and Jordo out today. Sorry!

E.
  • So where does this leave us??
  • TNORTH wrote:
    So where does this leave us??

Cancelled, I guess.

Maybe Mark will start up Brokeback, I mean Flag Football soon. :D
  • Too bad. Great weather for it today, and not enough players. Maybe next week...
  • Anybody up for a game this weekend?
    I'm in if we get enough for a game
  • Now that the better weather is coming I'll be swamped with yard work.....so much to do this spring removing trees, stumps, redoing two gardens, etc, etc.....we moved into a new house last summer..you know how it is!

Too bad this didn't take off better?
  • Just wondering if Road Hockey is dead - or if we can toss some life back into it??

I know we could pull enough people out of their houses if this was a poker game - maybe we need a bookmaker at the rink to give people their fix!!
  • I have to say I'm done until the fall....with the better weather approaching my weekends will be spent playing with the kids, doing yard work, and generally just getting hammered on my deck!!!
    Hopefully in the fall we can get it rolling again...I was thinking maybe a small 'for fun' league with teams from Kit, Waterloo, etc???
    You only need 4-5 per team might be doable?
  • Well I cant argue with getting hammered on a deck !!

A friend, in london, mentioned to me that Lee Valley is selling poker tables with cards that are slightly magnitized so that you can play outside.

Hmm - deck, bbq, beer, poker - what else could you ask for (well except for the obvious)!
  • TNORTH wrote:
    A friend, in london, mentioned to me that Lee Valley is selling poker tables with cards that are slightly magnitized so that you can play outside.

cool idea...knowing Lee Valley tho I'm sure the price is pretty steep!
  • voila!

likely they wouldn't last long but hey....if you want a quick SNG on a windy day you can!

http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=2&p=52316&cat=4,104,53201&ap=3
  • I wonder how they would be to shuffle - considering they would probably stick - a lot.

Good research skills though!