Road Hockey Anyone???

Comments

• DrTyore wrote:
    Hell.. if there's room I'll come play also...   

Is there room?  Huh huh is there?

mark

you bet!
  • How are the teams going to be decided? Shirts and skins? :D

FYI, I haven't played hockey since high school, so I suck!! (Thank God it's road hockey and not ice hockey!!)

See yous then.
  • Confirm Adam and I - we are pumped!!

Time to go stick shopping. Will others be wearing gloves??
  • I'm confirmed. Does anyone other than Eric play goal? I'll play anywhere :)
    Big E wrote:
    I have one net, we need one more and I think we all have balls?
    I have a net but can't bring it this week since I don't have a vehicle to move it. Has anyone else confirmed with a second net?

Big E wrote:
    I might bring my kids along to play on the other side of the school?
    How many kids and what are there ages?
    TNORTH wrote:
    Will others be wearing gloves??
    I will be wearing gloves :)
    JohnnieH wrote:
    How are the teams going to be decided? Shirts and skins? :D
    Skins? Not till after the fatboy challenge PLEASE!
  • TNORTH wrote:

brass knuckles
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I have a net but can't bring it this week since I don't have a vehicle to move it.  Has anyone else confirmed with a second net?

I may be able to get another?

Big E wrote:
    I might bring my kids along to play on the other side of the school?
    How many kids and what are there ages?

2, 5 and 7

If everyone tries to wear a light or dark jersey we should be able to work it all out, I have a few spare jerserys I'll bring. Does anyone else have a net, we may have some kids playing on the other side, it would be nice if they had a net to shoot on...and it may keep them out of our game :D
  • Big E wrote:
    TNORTH wrote:

brass knuckles

HAHAHAH - oh wait, I've seen him on the ice - he's not kidding!

Looking forward to this Sunday, should be a blast!

I have a black jersey and a white jersey, and I'll bring both...the black I wear every Sunday, the white I never use...so I suppose for health reasons I will be on the dark team.

I think I have at least a spare right-handed stick or two at E's?  I have one at home too, so methinks there will be a spare RH stick for someone...not sure what condition they are in though.

Jordo
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    How are the teams going to be decided?  Shirts and skins? :D

Largest 'stick' to smallest 'stick'.
  • Dammit..

I won't be able to make it after all.. gonna be in Milton all day.

Have fun anyways guys!

Mark
  • I just want to know!!!!
    Who invited him???

Milton Slim (not yet)

in the perfect light , even turnips looks good

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
  • ItsaMe wrote:
    Put me down as intrested, but don't know what day is good because I believe Mark is starting up flag football again soon.

Hey Mario, if you play Sunday can you bring my Copaqs?

Thanks!
  • I'm backing out guys.

Have fun.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Dammit..

I won't be able to make it after all.. gonna be in Milton all day.

Have fun anyways guys!

Mark

Kinda though he was lookin at the Rocks with envy...... Looking to buy a house here in Milton Mark?
  • Nah..

Half my friends from high school live out there (about 10 minutes away from where the Royal was...) so we're going for a visit.

Mark
  • OK, I got out of spending time with Wraychel, so I'll be there. And I'll bring Wes with me!
  • Eric I won't be able to come tomorrow going to Milton with Mark. I'll give them to Wes for you to get.
  • Just a reminder for everyone!
    Big E wrote:
    Okay Feb 26th 2:30 pm we start swinging sticks!
    Big E wrote:
    If I've missed someone please let me know...look to get started by 2:30-3:00 this Sunday at Alpine School (It's near the Montana's on Ottawa and Strassburg, if you turn on Strassburg (turn away from the Zehr's plaze) you'll take your first left (Kingswood) then your first right and the school will be down on the left.
  • Thanks for the game everyone!! I'm completely wiped but happy I played.

Trevor, I hope Jason is OK.

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Thanks for the game everyone!!  I'm completely wiped but happy I played.

Trevor, I hope Jason is OK.
    Jason's feeling better than I am :) . Fun game, but man am I out of shape. I think I should limit my exercise to chip tricks :) . Who am I kidding - I'll be there next week (but by then I'll have the paramedics on speed-dial!).
  • Great game. Everyone played like a gentleman - Except Wes who decided it would be fun to put his stick between my legs during mid-stride :)

GG everyone
  • TNORTH wrote:
    Great game. Everyone played like a gentleman - Except Wes who decided it would be fun to put his stick between my legs during mid-stride :)

GG everyone

That was an accident! :D
    Thanks for a great time everyone, now I know how out of shape I am...need to start building up endurance again.
  • Yah, that was fun...even though I was already 3/4 comatose from the pickup ice hockey I'd played just prior!  But I am proud to say I did not vomit, thus continuing my streak of "good lord am I ever in horrible shape but at least I didn't puke this time" games.

A great group of guys...see ya next Sunday, and I'm sure we'll get more out as this goes on. 

BigE - the closest hospital to Alpine School is St. Mary's or KW?  Just checkin', I like to be prepared.
  • ItsaMe wrote:
    Eric I won't be able to come tomorrow going  to Milton with Mark.  I'll give them to Wes for you to get.

Got them from Beanie yesterday, thanks Mario!

...and it was a fun time guys, same time this weekend....not sure how long I will last as my wife will be working so when the kids want to go home I will have to leave...but you can use my net.....and wind up a bit more often this week....I got those pads on so I want LOTS of shots!!!
  • melikebeer wrote:
    BigE - the closest hospital to Alpine School is St. Mary's or KW?  Just checkin', I like to be prepared.

St. Mary's, but the nurses at KW are hotter!

It was a very 'gentlemanly' game...I'm sure we can work on that this week.

p.s. I was snoring on the couch by 6:30!!!!
  • I assume you guys are planning to play at the same place today at around 2:30-3:00 again
    If so, I'll definitely drop by and embarass a couple of you
  • Yes, as far as I know. I'll be there, and hopefully a few more bodies show up...
  • Adam and I will be there !!

I am already playing with a purple stick I dont know if I could be more embarrased.
  • I'm out. I'm going to hang around the house, and veg out.

Have fun boys.

JohnnieH
  • We going to have enough for a go today???
  • Not sure, since some of the guys who came out aren't on the forum. Also, BigE said he will be there for at least a bit with the kids, although I haven't heard from him since last week. Either way, I'll be showing up and see how many others do.