What do you do between sessions?

13»

Comments

• AK*1 wrote: »
    I used to work in books, but I am a magazine editor now. We publish Foodservice and Hospitality magazine as well as Hotelier magazine. Anyone who works in a hotel or restaurant probably knows my mags.

I know about your magazines...did you attend at Hostex recently?

Working at NPD Group. I'm a Market Analyst for Foodservice. Basically we provide market research to Food and Beverage operators/manufactures to aide in their business decisions.
  • I used to work for a company that made tires. They closed the plant this summer. After a nice three week holiday, I started working for a place that manufactures space hardware subsystems.
  • Damn, all you people are like "I own my own business", or, "I do it for the kids".

Best line ever! I think I laughed for about two straight minutes.

I can't believe all the great jobs people on the forum have. There's a wealth of strong people to mine for poker tidbits here.

I'm fortunate enough to not have to work. And occupy my time in a series of of meaningless tasks like: 'Joining my community garden' or 'learning how drywall, shim and spackle' I own a 105 year old house and do it yourself is my middle name!...actually maybe my middle name is -try to do it yourself, fail spectacularly and then hire someone to do it right-but I really enjoy the process.

Juxtaposed against taking a job like a children's counsellor-I also feel entitled to say that in staying out of such a field of employment...
    "I do it for the kids" ;)
  • I work @ RIM in Waterloo...just had my 6 year anniversary there which makes me a geezer considering how young the company still is.
  • I am a licensed funeral director but I got tired of having people ask me, "Hows business? Dead?" every day and then laughing like the village idiot. So I quit.

I am now a Sales Manager at a Chrysler dealership. I grew up around the car business and I guess it is in my blood.

The need to communicate and read people in this business is paramount. It's okay to lie to the car guy right? Well guess what. I know when you are lying to me! I let you beat me up and push me around and then I cut though all the layers of your lies and find out what you really want. Next I sell you the car that you need (the Caravan for you and your 5 kids), not (The Dodge Viper that you say you want but can't afford or fit your family into) and tell you, "What a great negotiator you are! Man you are tough!"

You feel good, I get a sale and hopefully our business relationship will last a lifetime.

But, when we are playing poker and I say, "Wow you are tough! You are so aggressive. Fearless!" or "Nice all in call on that gutshot straight draw. Most people don't have the guts to make that call!" I am trying to make you feel good too.

For as long as it takes to get your stack!

Nice to meet you all. Quite an eclectic group I must say!

Caddy