Cook Crew "Mini" Event, Feb. 10 @ 7:30pm, Kitchener

The Cook Crew is pleased to announce:
:DThe Cook Crew "Mini" Event  :D
No-Limit Texas Hold'em Tournament
Friday, February 10th at 7:30pm
(doors open at 7:00pm)

After a really fun "Main Event" to start the year, I want to continue with another freeze-out.  This event will use the same blinds schedule as the previous tournament, but starting stacks will be slightly smaller, and the field will be capped at 32 people.  Players will receive 2,500 chips for a $20 buy-in.  There will be no rebuys or add-on.  Tables will be limited to 8 players per table, with the final table forming at 9 players. "Robert's Rules" will be used to resolve any disputes.  People are free to play additional games during and after the main tournament as tables become available.

Blinds
The blind levels will be 25-25, 25-50, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 100-200(25), 150-300(50), 200-400(50), 300-600(75), 400-800(100), 600-1200(200), 800-1600(200), 1000-2000(300), 1200-2400(400), 1500-3000(500), 2000-4000(500), 2500-5000(500).  Each level will be 20 minutes long.  The main tournament is expected to last 4-6 hours depending on the number of players.

Payout(all games are rake-free)
1st place - 36%
2nd place - 24%
3rd place - 16%
4th place - 12%
5th place - 8%
6th place - 4%
Prizes below first will be rounded up to the next $5.  In the event that we have less than 26 players, our standard payout chart will be used.

When registering, please include your first name and last initial.  If you need directions, let me know by PM.  For reference, I am located in the Stanley Park area of Kitchener.  BYOB BYOS.
***** PLEASE RSVP TO RESERVE A SEAT *****

Comments

• 1. "Beanie" Trevor C.                             
    2. "Kanga" Jenn C.
    3. "g2" Greg
    4. "compuease" Jeff C.
    5. Dave D.
    6. Bob S.
    7. Larry L.
    8. "DrTyore" Mark
    9. "stpboy" Shannon
    10. "SpecialK" Kyle
    11. "westside8" Wes
    12. "Wine Man" Larry L.
    13. JohnnieH
    14. Ben Y.
    15. "TwoThree" Brad
    16. "Bellzy" Brian B.

18. "SkittleKing" Anthony R.
    19. "PokerQueen" Mandy
    20. "2Bullets" Jeremy
    21. +1
    22. +2
    23. "TripBillies" Tim
    24. "AnteRiver" Ken
    25. "AcidJoe"
    26. Brian K.
    27. "8Ball" Tye
    28. "Canadian Cuse"
    29. "Quaine"
    30. "dawnsboyrich" Rich
    31. Dawn

Waiting List

1.  "TNorth" Tom ?
  • Directions will be sent the week before the event. Please PM me if you need directions.
  • Sign me up.

/g2
  • Hey Trevor, please add the 4 of us from Milton, Dave D, Bob S, Larry L, and myself Jeff C. Thx...
  • I'm in...

Who wants to help me build the time machine to get back to the 18th?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    I'm in...

Mark
    You don't have one already Mark?!?!? Try Futureshop or Best Buy, wait for them to go on sale though.

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    P.S.  Trevor, It says Jan 18th in the message body and the top
    That's cuz I'm a cut-n-paste machine (a broken machine, but a machine non-the-less).
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Try ebay (http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-18-Back-To-The-Future-Time-Machine_W0QQitemZ7004390190QQcategoryZ223QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
  • g2 wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    I'm in...

Mark
    You don't have one already Mark?!?!?  Try Futureshop or Best Buy, wait for them to go on sale though.

/g2

If I have a time machine, I can go back to when they had their LAST sale, and get it then...

Hope I don't end up having sex with a great-grandmother or something (Futurama reference... YEAH!)

Mark
  • beanie42 wrote:
    That's cuz I'm a cut-n-paste machine (a broken machine, but a machine non-the-less).
    I'm a programmer too  ;)

/g2
  • I'm in.

stp
  • sign me up, can i get a ride with you greg?
  • specialK wrote:
    sign me up, can i get a ride with you greg?
    Sure.

/g2
  • Hey Trevor,

Put me as a maybe for now. I'll confirm sometime next week.
  • Hey Trev
    Reserve me a spot. If I can stay sober I'll be there.
    The ' Wine Man ' - Larry L.
  • Count me in, Trevor.

JohnnieH
  • I'm out of town that weekend. :(
  • I'm in....for those who haven't played in Trev's tourneys, he puts on a great one!!!
  • BAM! throw me down for this one please :D
  • Can you add myself, Lamb of John adams, and Kevin F.

Thanks,

Brian B.
  • Hi Trevor, can you add me please. I will make it this time , I swear.
  • Hey Trev,

Add me please....thx!
  • Add me trevor I'm good to play
  • Please add Brian K to your list.....thx
  • Hey Trev,

I have a midterm that day (but I don't know what time its going to be at), so I will let you know once I find out the time from my prof.

*cough* bump */bump*
  • Hey trev, could you remove Kevin F. from the list, thanks.
  • I just found out that I have to be in Detroit Friday for some training at head office, so I am going to have to pass as I don't know how long I'll be down there :'(
  • Trevor, why do you always schedule your games when I can't play?

Why???????? Do you call my wife and make sure I can't come? Are you that afraid of me.

That's got to be it. You're scared. It has nothing to do with "coincidence".
  • Trevor, why do you always schedule your games when I can't play?

Why???????? Do you call my wife and make sure I can't come? Are you that afraid of me.

That's got to be it. You're scared. It has nothing to do with "coincidence".
    LOL - it kind of feels like that, but there is a slightly scientific method to it.

Weekend 1 - Cottage with kids
    Weekend 2 - g2's tourney
    Weekend 3 -
    Weekend 4 - Royal Cup
    Weekend 5 - Date with Jenn

I'm less scared of you than trying to move family plans. When you might be without all the kids 4-5 times a year, you take your life in your hands if you schedule a tourney that weekend :)
  • I have only two kids and I know your pain. I can't imagine your situation.

Next one. I semi-promise!