Ryder Cup - Milton / Oakville

Well, since we don't have a thread I figured I'd post one up.

I see the Compuease is the captian, and I want in ;)

At least this thread will give us an idea of who's playing etc.

Let us know.

Comments

• I would also like to play for the Milton team.
  • Fer sure. I already got the name: Milton Rocks.
  • Hey guys, just to let you know, I'm still around, just very busy with the XMAS season... lol, the main thing I need to do here is secure a location for this event... It grew larger than I had imagined. Spoke to Sandro today and promised to confirm location and size asap... Once we know how many ppl it can accommodate we'll continue to identify team members, in the meantime can you each let me know in what area you live and who you are? ie have we met? I already have 4 members identified, the 4 of us who have come to Brents and Rob's events... The remaining spots are up for grabs. I know Ali and a couple of others have contacted me re representing Milton as well... Jeff...
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Fer sure. I already got the name: Milton Rocks.

P.S. I like the name"Milton Rocks" lol.. It is an accusation I wear proudly!
  • compuease wrote:
    Hey guys, just to let you know, I'm still around, just very busy with the XMAS season...  lol, the main thing I need to do here is secure a location for this event...  It grew larger than I had imagined. Spoke to Sandro today and promised to confirm location and size asap... Once we know how many ppl it can accommodate we'll continue to identify team members, in the meantime can you each let me know in what area you live and who you are? ie have we met?  I already have 4 members identified, the 4 of us who have come to Brents and Rob's events... The remaining spots are up for grabs. I know Ali and a couple of others have contacted me re representing Milton as well...  Jeff...
    I'm not sure how much we've talked at robs/brents/etc but I think I've met you.
    I know there are two to three groups from Milton that regularly attend those guys games and getting us down to a team of 6 would be challenging.

What I suggest, depending on the number of people interested, I would host a game to see who would represent Milton.
    This would be a fun way to get to know everyone in the area and possibly start having more local games.

Let me know if seems like a good idea. :D
  • Psi wrote:
    [Let me know if seems like a good idea. :D
    Sounds marvelous!
  • I'm in for this great idea, especially if it's heads-up or no-limit hold'em games. :fish:
    Psi wrote:
    What I suggest, depending on the number of people interested, I would host a game to see who would represent Milton.
    This would be a fun way to get to know everyone in the area and possibly start having more local games.

Let me know if seems like a good idea. :D
  • I was kind of hoping my first post would be under the DING DING DING thread, but I guess that one will have to wait.
    I've played in quite a few West Side events so you guys may know me to see me.  I also know of a few others who may consider themselves worthy to represent Milton in an event like this.  Let me know where to sign up, I'm sure there's a good chance of a few spin off games.
    Cheers, Mutt.
  • Jeff, from now on known as "Captain Jeff"
    Points to ponder:
    Dates from Larry; We need to get Training Camp in Vegas booked
    Interested Parties: PSI, Ionstorm, pkrfce9, Blondefish, and Mutlee- what are their strengths?
    need to have all aspects of the Tourney covered
    My vote (for what it's worth) pkrfce9 (s)he did bring a great name to the table "Milton Rocks"
  • ddmilcan wrote:
    My vote (for what it's worth) pkrfce9 (s)he did bring a great name to the table "Milton Rocks"
    LOL - maybe (s)he can wear a pretty new dress to the tourney :D
  • Beanie
    Could (s)he borrow that off the shoulder one of yours, You know the one that brings out the color in your eyes
    Enjoyed playing at the same table with your son and you
    Dave
  • beanie42 wrote:
    ddmilcan wrote:
    LOL - maybe (s)he can wear a pretty new dress to the tourney  :D
    I've often been encouraged to pull up my skirt and play a few hands. Why I oughta...
  • ddmilcan wrote:
    Could (s)he borrow that off the shoulder one of yours, You know the one that brings out the color in your eyes
    Silly man, not that one.  Don't you know that you can't wear white after labour day  :D .  
  • ddmilcan wrote:
    Interested Parties: PSI, Ionstorm, pkrfce9, Blondefish, and Mutlee- what are their strengths?
    I've played mainly Hold'em. NL is my preference but I can do Limit. A bit of experience with Omaha and O8. Cap'n Jeff should remember me from the Lucky Lou tour. I've also played with Ionstorm in the past. Not so sure about PSI, Blondefish, Mutlee or yourself.
  • beanie42 wrote:
    ddmilcan wrote:
    Silly man, not that one.  Don't you know that you can't wear white after labour day  :D .  
    Not that one !! Obviously the Red one, I said it brought out the color of your eyes !
  • ddmilcan wrote:
    beanie42 wrote:
    ddmilcan wrote:
    Not that one !! Obviously the Red one, I said it brought out the color of your eyes !
    Ok - you win.  I give up this game - I'm starting to get creeped out! Your descriptions are so vivid, I'm wondering if you've been dreaming about me (again).  Time to change the locks!
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    beanie42 wrote:
    ddmilcan wrote:
    LOL - maybe (s)he can wear a pretty new dress to the tourney  :D
    I've often been encouraged to pull up my skirt and play a few hands. Why I oughta...
    Political correctness gets me in trouble again, your profile doesn't have a gender, I played at Lucky Lou's as well
  • OK whens the Vegas training camp? if we hold it there I wouldn't even care if I made the team or not!
    To answer ddmilcan's question about strengths, I play mostly holdem and would be willing to learn Omaha and other games as long as the stakes are within reason.
    But my real strength......I'm a really good folder !!
    Cheers, Mutt.
  • There is concern! We have not declared our Team!
    Rumor has it many of the Milton Contingent will be wearing masks!
    Will check with Captain Jeff for clarification,
    I think we are still working on the Secret Handshake, But will have a team for Sure
  • I just moved from Toronto to Milton, could I still possibly make it on the team? hmmmm?
  • ddmilcan wrote:
    There is concern! We have not declared our Team!
    Rumor has it many of the Milton Contingent will be wearing masks!
    Will check with Captain Jeff for clarification,
    I think we are still working on the Secret Handshake, But will have a team for Sure

Ok, here's what you have all been waiting for, the Team list for the mighty "Milton Rocks". Secret Handshake to be kept "In the Dark"

1 / Behind the mask 1
    2 / Behind the mask 2
    3 / Behind the mask 3
    4 / Behind the mask 4
    5 / Behind the mask 5
    6 / Behind the mask 6
    7 / Behind the mask 7
    8 / Behind the mask 8
  • No surprises there !! Selection as expected
  • I am completely lost.
  • On the Ryder Cup thread, someone had commented that Milton/Oakville wouldn't have a team because they had not yet announced their team members. Rest assuredwe will have a team, but I don't think Jeff has all the people sorted out yet. We are making rather merry, as it is the season, to be jolly. Under the cloak of secrecy, behind closed doors and all that.
  • Has the "Ryder Cup" format been decided yet, e.g., just no-limit hold'em to start with?

Is there going to be a qualification game for Team Milton? Compuease had mentioned a possible venue, and PSI or Velvet Alley may be willing to host a game if necessary. Another alternative is to meet and play at The Post Office or Hot Rods in Milton
  • As posted by pokerdro in main thread, This is the "official format" As for qualifications or "tryouts", hasdn't been decided as yet. I know we have 4 definite players, mself, Dave D, Larry L and Bob S but the other 4 spots are open. Lots of N/L and head-up experience readily available but do any of you other Miltonians have much Stud or Omaha live experiance?

Quote from pokerdro.....
    I have read through all the threads and have decided to go with the following. This takes in to consideration a bunch of different suggestions from all. We have a venue that can accommodate more people then first thought. But still in an effort to keep this medium sized and a one day event here is the line up.

There will be 10 teams consisting of 8 players per team. $400 Entry fee per team. Totaling $4000. This works out to $50 per player.

Payouts TBD

This event is rake free.

Each team must have their money in by Feb. 1/06. We will start a waiting list for alternate teams and they will be bumped into the event if money is not received by Feb. 1/06. This is in an effort to ensure we have no late drop outs. Full team lineups will be due Feb. 11/06.

If anyone would like to submit an alternate team please PM me and I will add you to the list.

A full day of poker would consist of

1) 8 - 10 man NL Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
    2) 8 - 10 man Fixed Limit Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
    3) 5 - 8 man Fixed Limit Stud SNGs.
    4) 4 - 10 man Pot Limit Omaha SNGs with one players from each team competing at each table.
    5) Finally 40 Head Up NL tournaments to finish the competition.

Each team member must play in the Fixed Hold em, NL Hold em and one of the Stud or Omaha SNGs. Also everyone must represent their team in a heads up battle.

We will be starting with the Stud and Omaha games first then the fixed limit SNGs then go to the NL and Heads Up to complete the day.

Again this would make for a good 12 hour session of poker.

The Team with the most points will be crowned the True Poker Capital.

If there is a tie for any position a tie breaker Heads Up game will be played.

Now the geographic locations for the teams would be as follows

Toronto
    Kitchener 1
    Kitchener 2
    Waterloo 1
    Waterloo 2
    Guelph including Fergus/Rockwood and surrounding area
    Cambridge
    Milton/Oakville
    London
    Toronto 2 << The venue will be submitting a team for this event.

The date will be Feb. 18/06 Doors will open at 11:00 with the first round of SNGs starting at 12:00. The location will be the west side of Toronto. I will be going to take a look at it this week and then forward the address to the team captains.

Sponsorship thus far is looking good and I am still in talks with a couple online sites about adding to the prize pool.

We should have prizes for Best Individual Point Getter as well as best hands in each discipline.

Good luck to all and Have a great New Year.
  • I wonder if we can have a qualifier event soon, so people can take time off work if they know they are gonna be playing in the Ryder Cup. Any suggestions?
  • I have played well in all types of live tournaments except 7 card stud( not that I'm horrible, just not enough experience live ). I'm a very competent in both sit and go and MTT's in Omaha(LIMIT), Limit and No Limit Hold em.

I'm up for a "tryout" and maybe we should be playing one of the less played games like Omaha, 7 card stud or even limt holdem to get a better understanding of how players really play in games they are probably less comfortable in. I'm sure that everyone whos willing to represent Milton has a above average grasp on NL Hold em tourneys. Just a suggestion.
  • I'm out, unfortunately I have to be in Florida when this game is scheduled.
  • ddmilcan wrote:
    Jeff, from now on known as "Captain Jeff"
    Points to ponder:
    Dates from Larry; We need to get Training Camp in Vegas booked

FYI, still working on a lineup... By the way training camp in Vegas is Feb 19th - 23rd.... lol. see thread in B&M.....