Ryder Cup of Poker - Toronto team thread

13»

Comments

• STR82ACE wrote:
    my Omaha and Stud are virtually non existence other than some dabbling online
    I'm in the same boat (which is partly why I was pushing for a draw game as well :) ). However, a month is a lot of time to read/practice, and I think my NL/Limit game is strong enough to make up for it (3 out of the 4 games). My assumption (without having played with you) is that you're strong enough in the other events to make up for it. Reading some of the other threads, I think each team has a couple "speciaists" for Stud/Omaha and a couple getting thrown into the deep water. Don't count yourself out yet :)
  • Thanks for the supportive words Beanie......I'm going to give it a shot I think. Like you said, a month is enough time to at least get more familiar with the games I'm weak in.
  • I would not worry too much about the experience level for the stud and omaha portions of this event. I think most of the teams are in the same boat.

I am a much better omaha player that stud. That being said, count me in for the omaha.
  • Ok everyone I will not be able to make it this Friday. MDS please msg me so I can make arrangements to get you the money for the tourney.
  • Bump for information because I dont want to drive around Scarborough yelling 'Dead Money' out my window.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Bump for information because I dont want to drive around Scarborough yelling 'Dead Money' out my window.

Its comming!
  • P.Ms sent.
  • I dont want to drive around Scarborough yelling 'Dead Money' out my window.

OMG ROTFLMAO

I must say usually I find BBC a tad abrasive, but that's the best line I've heard all week it's freakin hilarious
  • Mods, this thread belongs in the Ryder Cup sub-group too! Toronto is only the centre of the universe.

Btw, is there any Toronto team members that is in Scarborough that doesn't mind having a Waterloo team member leech along to go to the game on the Saturday?
  • Well the first problem is that we're getting together on Friday.
  • So do we have to come up with some special name for our team?
  • CHAMPS??
    WINNERS??
    DOMINATORS??
    BEST IN CLASS??

Now we need a team name??  Sheesh, now I'll have to think...thanks alot   :rage:

Ummm, anyone know why our thread is the only one NOT moved to the Ryder Cup section? Is it because we are in a different, higher class than the rest? :D
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    CHAMPS??
    WINNERS??
    DOMINATORS??
    BEST IN CLASS??

Now we need a team name??  Sheesh, now I'll have to think...thanks alot   :rage:

Ummm, anyone know why our thread is the only one NOT moved to the Ryder Cup section?  Is it because we are in a different, higher class than the rest?   :D

I am thinking along another angle.

How about the T.O. or Toronto Reprobates
  • How about the toronto falcons, cuz god knows we haven't made eagle class yet..........

or else the toronto gun toting gang running bunch of thugs......... Either way people will be afraid of us...... I'm packing let's go git em......
  • Great to meet everyone last night!! Glad to have been able to sponsor your plays!! :rage:

Thanks for the practise on Omaha and Stud. Never really got into those games before, so it was quite the educational experience. I know I choose Omaha, but if Blazin72 would rather play Omaha, I would take the Stud opening. Out of the two, I think I would prefer that game anyway.

I must be getting old....coming in at 4am used to be a normal occurrence for me, but by the time Hork dropped me off last night, the only thing I wanted to think about was making contact with my pillow. Been a HELL of along time since I stayed out that long on a Friday night.

We still don't have a Team name though.
  • How about "The Bubbler Makers"?

Cuz we make people bubble........
  • Ahhh...NO!!
    anything to do with bubbles coming outa you, i stay away from

how about TNT ( Toronto Nolimit Terminators)?

To echo str82ace, it was good to meet everyone on Friday,.... I think we have a solid team.
  • I like TNT..... get a ghetto blaster and have ACDC rocken as we enter..... TNT we're dynamite..... Just don't ask me to sing cuz I don't do that.....
  • How did I know I would get a comment outta you about bubbles? :D

I like TNT too, is it unamimous?
  • I don't want to be to excited about this but Sure!