Ryder Cup of Poker - Toronto team thread

Comments

• Sorry folks, I haven't really been paying too much attention to this lately.

If we can have 8 to a team, then the overall consensus is to add Dead Money and Blazin22. Everyone ok with that?
  • Works for me. Just let us know when and where we can meet to tune up and assign games. If BBC wants Omaha, I'm good with Limit or NL HE.
  • That's fine with me. If GTA doesn't want in I would add Blazin 72.
  • I second the vote for Blazin72. He was one of the first to ask and I think we can turn him into a lean, mean, poker-playin' machine.
  • Blazin I've had the pleasure of playing, and I agree, he would also make a good addition.
  • Please put me on the waiting list in case anyone backs out.
    Sorry for not catching on earlier..
  • For some reason I didn't think Blazin22 was eligible for Team Toronto, my bad. Sorry Cam.

Since he has responded first, I will add him. If anyone drops out, then we can extend invites to others.

Team Toronto #1-

MDSGuy
    SOS
    Hork42
    Str82Ace
    AcidJoe
    BBC_Z
    Dead Money
    Blazin72
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    Blazin22

Man, Blazin72 is gonna be pissed he lost his spot to blazin22..
  • Ok everyone I think we seriously need to take a look at getting together, getting the coin together and getting ourselves organized. Personally I'm all in favour of a $50 sng with the winner paying the team entry :)
  • I can host the game if you all like. Also, we will need to determine who will be representing the team in what games. Also be a good time for everyone to note areas of weakness and suggest improvements.

Any night of the week except Thursday is good for me. Let me know.
  • Let's DO this thing.
    STR82ACE wrote:
    for everyone to note areas of weakness

Hope you have lots of pens.
  • Hope you have lots of pens.

Theres no way we can spend the time on your game, it's only like 5 hours..

Anyway, Mondays and Wednesdays are a no good for me.. but I like to be difficult.
  • Pens, paper, an open mind, and a willingness to continously improve!! :D
  • BBC, check out my new sig.....
    :D:D:D

I can host on a weekend, not Jan 22 though. Other than that I am good to go pretty much any day of the week if someone else is hosting.
  • how is everbody for a friday night game?
  • Friday is good for me. Let me know if you want me to host, or who will be hosting it.
  • I am willing to host one, but lets get a consensus first.
  • yeah, that quote works on more level than I originally intended.

Ok, we're got a lot of hosters, a lot of interest.. Now we need someone to pick a date so we can start arguing about how it's the worst possible time.

I'll defer to anyone to begin..

EDIT: oh hey look at that, there was another page after MDS' reply.. whoops.

Fridays ok for me.
  • Friday is good for me too.
  • Friday is good for me too.
  • Would a host please stand up?
  • I vote for Friday the 13th at Dead Money's place....how much more of an ominous beginning can we ask for?
  • Vive le Vendredi! Now where are we going?
  • Ok everyone, tentative at my place (east Scarborough) on Friday the 13th at 7:30-8:00. I will send out a pm with more details early next week.

Rob.
  • River Rat Josh wants in on Team Toronto.

Please let me know how I may qualilfy, although my reputation should earn me at least a try out!! :D

did the qualifier idea die!!

the posts are too confusing, someone please lay it out, and tell me how I can help our TDOT team take the CUP.

Josh
  • It sorta died...

If we get more people interested I don't have a problem playing in a qualifier to make the team. So far we are set at 8 with 2 people on the waiting list. (You being one of them)
  • This thread was started on: December 15, 2005, 08:00:06 PM about a week after the initial posts came out for the format. Now it's January 5th, 3 weeks after the original posting. As anyone should know, you need to make yea or nay decisions pretty quick or you'll get left out of a lot of stuf.f.

So, I have to agree with MDS and say it's too late to run qualifiers and month old 'me too's .. I have a feeling this event will be a big success and will occur again in the future and maybe we'll have enough lead time to run a real qualifier. The way it sits now, I don't see booting any of the original 8 who committed thier time for any late stragglers.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Now it's January 5th, 3 weeks after the original posting. As anyone should know, you need to make yea or nay decisions pretty quick or you'll get left out of a lot of stuf.f.

The way it sits now, I don't see booting any of the original 8 who committed thier time for any late stragglers.

OMG...... I am actually in agreement with BBC. 

Given all the time frames I believe it's way to late to do the qualifier thing.  However if this should end up being an annual thing, I do believe that qualifiers are the way to go. 

Edit: Friday the 13 is fine with me.
  • River Rat Josh wants in on Team Toronto.

Too bad sucka, you snooze you loose. Now go stand in line behind me.. :)

You don't have time to play in this game. Once you start sending out the invites to your tournies a little earlier THEN you can play some cards. ;)
  • Correct me if I'm wrong here...

I was going through the old posts that started this whole Ryder Cup action here, and saw that each member would have to play Limit HE, NLHE, HUNLHE as well as either Omaha or Stud. If this is the case, I may have to drop out of Team Toronto, as my Omaha and Stud are virtually non existence other than some dabbling online. I think I should withdraw myself and give a more experienced player on the waiting list a shot.