Cook Crew presents KW Heads-Up - Nov. 18

Comments

• Redington wrote:
    I know.... I will read a book and try and get better at this game.
    I would try that too, but someone has forgotten the book at the last 3 tourneys I've been at :)
  • g2 wrote:
    Can you find me the book that teaches "KING EIGHT MAKE MONEY" !?!?!?

/g2

Most legends are never written down... and many take a lifetime to master...

You sir are now part of the legend.
  • well KING EIGHT does make money :D
  • I'm in if there are still seats open
    Dave
  • Hey Trev
    Reserve me a spot. I'm not usually into this heads up stuff, but I'm in the 'spanking' mood so if Tyson is there you'd better count me in! For this special occassion I'll be leaving my high octane' wine' at home. Ear muffs not required. See yah friday.
    Larry L.
  • Ok... seems everyone wants a peice of me.

Larry, G2, anyone who wants the action.

$1000 chips, 10 minute blinds - starting at 5-10. ve play till only vone ave de chips, ok?

Lets get it on

Sorry, I will not being giving two to one ... :D
  • Hey Trev,

I'm not 100% sure if I can make it yet, but put me down for now, I will confirm by Wed.

Wes
  • first KING EIGHT is a magical hand...second if anyone plays it against me and wins were beefing!! :rage:
    Both my sister, Danielle and I want in please sign us up :D
  • Happy420 wrote:
    Both my sister, Danielle and I want in please sign us up :D
    I already had you on the list tentatively, but thanks for confirming. Danielle has been added.
  • Sorry Trev, I am out for Friday
  • folded wrote:
    Sorry Trev, I am out for Friday

That isn't a surprise Cory, I guess you heard I was your first opponent

Prophet 22
  • If you were my first opponent, I just would've asked to be blinded out and you would of been so intimidated knowing I was coming later, I would've won!!!
  • you can say anything when you know you aren't going to be there. maybe you can come out saturday Cory.

Prophet 22
  • what's this Saturday.. I am available this Sat actually? Where
  • Actually, I have to work Fri. night, so I"ll have to cancel
  • another one afraid to face me heads up

Prophet 22
  • Hey Trev,

I'm out for Friday.
  • folded wrote:
    Sorry Trev, I am out for Friday
    shopsy wrote:
    Actually, I have to work Fri. night, so I"ll have to cancel
    westside8 wrote:
    I'm out for Friday.

Ouch - nobody loves me anymore :(

We currently have 9 seats still available, and I expect a few late signups Thursday night at Bristol, but there's still spots open.  Anybody else who is interested, LMK (Sloth - it's not too far :) ).

Also, I have not received any requests for directions this time.  If you need directions, please PM me.
  • another one afraid to face me heads up

Prophet 22

I take that challenge!

oh ya hey Beanie if ya don't mind could I put a bounty on my own head :D why? because I sir am crazy!
  • TwoThree wrote:
    oh ya hey Beanie if ya don't mind could I put a bounty on my own head :D  why? because I sir am crazy!
    Definitely, go for it. Any side-bets players choose to make are welcome and encouraged, they just won't be part of the "official" tournament. The way the trash-talk has already started, I won't be surprised to see a few, and I also can see a number of the side-games just being HU challenges this time!
  • Interested.....where you guys play......
  • solive5509 wrote:
    Interested.....where you guys play......
    Idlewood/Stanley-Park area of Kitchener, ON
  • With all the other personal challenges going on, I thought I would dredge up http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5307.0
  • Trevor,

What's the plan if you get less than 32 players?

Also, I think I found a typo in the Payout section of your original post. Shouldn't the bubble prize go to the quickest winner of the 3rd round, as opposed to 2nd?

/g2

P.S. This is not a bump! What are you talking about!?!?! :D Muahaha!
  • g2 wrote:
    What's the plan if you get less than 32 players?
    Some players will (unfortunately) get a bye. The draw will ensure that 2 no-shows are not matched together (so that a no-show won't advance past the first round). This means that if we get 24 players, there will be 8 players who get a free pass. Not pretty, but the lesser of evils.
    g2 wrote:
    Also, I think I found a typo in the Payout section of your original post. Shouldn't the bubble prize go to the quickest winner of the 3rd round, as opposed to 2nd?
    No, that's correct. There will be 4 winners in round 3, so fifth place is actually a loser in this round, which is why we revert to there second round time. I didn't want to make it a "last longest" in the round you're eliminated, or it could affect the actual matches.
  • Oh I get it, 5th place is the fastest 2nd round winner who gets knocked out in round 3. Thanks for the clarification.

/g2
  • I'll try my best to bring a bounty prize for my own head, it is my birthday that day!

stp
  • Good news!
    Some plans have changed and it looks like ill be available to play Friday, Trev. Please sign me up. The good news is actually for my first opponent as they will practically have a bye into the next round. There, I'm doing my best to entice people to come out so we can fill this puppy up.

Steve
  • Shtebs wrote:
    There, I'm doing my best to entice people to come out so we can fill this puppy up.
    Thanks Steve, you're in! Jenn will be SO happy :)