Cook Crew presents KW Shootout - Oct. 28

Comments

• Yes. We'll be starting with 4 tables for the main tourney, but a fifth table will be ready for whoever busts out early. Also, once the first round of the shootout is over, the other tables will be available for SnG's, etc.
  • UPDATE: Volunteers are now bringing all the table-tops (Rob, Johnnie, Joe) and cards (Brent). Thanks!
  • TwoThree wrote:
    I take it there will be a cash game after :D:D

I can see it now. 25/.50 cash game, with $50 pots!!! lol

I can't wait.
  • that will be min raise
  • That's my kind of cash game... I mean tourney. I'm coming for the tourney, honest. See ya at the "final table" Brad (wink wink, nudge nudge). Honestly though, I curious to see this shootout style tourney. It sounds pretty fun.
    Trevor, I forgot to mention that I need directions. If you could please pm them to me that would be great.

Steve
  • Thanks Trevor. I've received the directions.

P.S. bumpitty bump
  • I'm not sure if I posted the first time, name is Rohit Joshi and I would like to come play on Firday.
  • Maybe we should invite Scotty (or was it Sloth) out to this one. I think I remember him posting that he lives very close to Trev.
  • Sloth is around the corner...or over the fence...
  • Yup - I drive past his place every time I go to the corner store, but I have yet to see him - he must be related to Polka-Roo! :) One day I'll see him...
  • TwoThree wrote:
    I take it there will be a cash game after :D:D

Just like last time you bastards all gave you money to shopsy and the game disbanded......I want to play more than 4 hands in the cash game......

NAW I'll just win the damn thing....give your money away LOL
  • Count me in for Friday
    Dave
  • Hey guys, im sorry, but I wont be able to make the game, I have some stuff due on Friday and I wont be able to leave the office till 5:30 and I work in Toronto, so making the game will be tight, time wise. thanks for putting me on the list, but hopefully i can make it next time. thanks anyways.
  • Hey Trev

Can you add

Miranda, Jen and I to the list. Can you also forward your address/directions?

Thanks
  • I just realized that we now have 3 of the 5 dealers (Mark, Sandro, and Miranda) from Lou's tournament Sunday, plus the TD.  Sandro also helps run the Guelph league, Rob, runs Bristol, and Brent runs Westside, so I think I have a new slogan:
    :DCook Crew Poker - Where Hosts Come to Play :D
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I just realized that we now have 3 of the 5 dealers (Mark, Sandro, and Miranda) from Lou's tournament Sunday, plus the TD.  Sandro also helps run the Guelph league, Rob, runs Bristol, and Brent runs Westside, so I think I have a new slogan:
    :DCook Crew Poker - Where Hosts Come to Play :D

That.. is a GREAT slogan.

Mark
  • I would like to play. PM the directions
    Carlos
  • DrTyore wrote:
    beanie42 wrote:
    I just realized that we now have 3 of the 5 dealers (Mark, Sandro, and Miranda) from Lou's tournament Sunday, plus the TD. Sandro also helps run the Guelph league, Rob, runs Bristol, and Brent runs Westside, so I think I have a new slogan:
    :DCook Crew Poker - Where Hosts Come to Play :D

That.. is a GREAT slogan.

Mark

Hey!!
    Don't forget about Tyson, Greg, Shopsy, Jermey and me!!! We all host games at our places too!!!

JohnnieH
  • Yeah! I was almost feeling left out for a second there!

I am picking the day for my next freezeout... probably the next non-Bristol Wednesday night.

Seriously though... I gotta warn you guys, my bad beat streak is over. I finished 7th out of 242 players in an online tourney last night for a decent payday. I was dominating every table I sat down at (except final table, ahem) so I can't wait to play this Shootout format!

/g2
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Don't forget about Tyson, Greg, Shopsy, Jermey and me!!! We all host games at our places too!!!
    I wasn't trying to slight you guys, but I was thinking of the places I've played MTT's locally, and I haven't played at most of those guys places (I missed Greg's invite somehow :( ).  Either way, I'd never forget your place - at Voodoo I was just reminding (King Mob) Dave of the beating he gave me at your place playing Stud! :(  How about:
    :DCook Crew Poker - Where Hosts (including Johnnie) Come to Play :D

g2 wrote:
    Yeah! I was almost feeling left out for a second there!
    What is this, the Academy Awards?  I have to plan my speech so nobody gets offended, lol!  Just to clear the air, I love all the hosts I've played with and will play with in the future (man-flirting done) :)
    g2 wrote:
    I am picking the day for my next freezeout... probably the next non-Bristol Wednesday night.

Seriously though... I gotta warn you guys, my bad beat streak is over. I finished 7th out of 242 players in an online tourney last night for a decent payday. I was dominating every table I sat down at (except final table, ahem) so I can't wait to play this Shootout format!
    I missed your first one, so I will do my best to be at your next one (crosses fingers :) ).  And congrats on your domination (but you're not cracking my Aces again this time ;) ).
  • beanie42 wrote:
    I just realized that we now have 3 of the 5 dealers (Mark, Sandro, and Miranda) from Lou's tournament Sunday, plus the TD. Sandro also helps run the Guelph league, Rob, runs Bristol, and Brent runs Westside, so I think I have a new slogan:
    :DCook Crew Poker - Where Hosts Come to Play :D

Does this mean I have to play?
  • Yes Adam, clear your schedule!!!

Thanks for the 'props' Trevor. I feel much better.

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Thanks for the 'props' Trevor. I feel much better.
    No problem.  Although I must mention one more host ;) - Friday's tourney is at Trevor AND JENN'S.
  • hi there my name is kevin webber....MrWebbs and i would like to come isf there is still room.

i will need directions but i know stanly park somewhat well

you can e mail me at kevin.webber@rogers.com

i can also bring a friend if you have 2 spots his name is steve sachs

thank you
  • This is still 50/50, but please reserve one seat for "Easy" Amanda C. I should know by tomorrow if she's able to make it in town in time.
  • That's 32 registered, so the waiting list has now started. There are usually a few late cancellations and no-shows, so I expect the first 3-4 people on waiting list will get in (no promises, though).

Also, I'd like to remind everyone to arrive promptly. We will be dealing at 7:30, so if you can arrive by 7:20 so we can finalize table assignments and be ready to play. Also, if you are planning on being late, please LMK in advance so we can make arrangements. At 7:25, any unclaimed seats (no arrival, no arrangements) will be given to those on the waiting list. Finally, I believe I have PM'd everyone who asked for directions. If anyone still needs them, LMK.

I'm really looking forward to this. See y'all tomorrow!
  • Sorry Trevor, I have to cancel for tomorrow. Hope the format goes over well enough to try again.
    Tim G.
  • Hey.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

may i get a spot?

Tye

(and direstions.)
  • Hmm, perhaps someone has some confidence after their win at Lucky Lou's. I suppose I would too after beating such an impressive field. Good luck to all this Friday.

stp
  • Hey Mario FEAR THE GUT!!! ooooooo!

It Hungers!