Cook Crew presents KW Shootout - Oct. 28

The Cook Crew is pleased to announce:
:DKW Shootout  :D
No-Limit Texas Hold'em Tournament
Friday, October 28th at 7:30pm
(doors open at 7:00pm)

After reading an article by Mike Caro a few months ago (http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/archives/caro30.htm), I wanted to try running a shootout tournament with a few variations.  Players will receive 1000 chips for a $20 buy-in.  There will be no rebuys or add-on.  There will be 4 tables limited to 8 players per table.  The winner of each table will receive 12.5% of the prize pool rounded to the nearest $5 (approximately 1/2 of a table's buy-in). 

The winner and runner-up from the starting tables will form a final table of 8 players.  The table winners will start with 1500 chips, while the runner-ups will start with 1000 chips.  The winner will receive the remainder of the prize pool (50% +/- the rounding).  "TwoThree" Brad (The Play - 701-2960) is generously donating a bubble-prize for the second-place finisher at the final table.

"Robert's Rules" will be used to resolve any disputes. The blind levels will be 10-20, 15-30, 20-40, 30-60, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400, 300-600, 400-800, 600-1200, 800-1600, 1000-2000, 1500-3000, 2000-4000 (at which point they will increase 1000-2000 each level).  Each level will be 20 minutes long, so the tournament is expected to last 4-6 hours (approximately 3 hours each for the starting and final tables).  People are free to play additional games as tables become available (a fifth table will be available while the starting tables are still running).

When registering, please include your first name and last initial.  If you need directions, let me know by PM.  For reference, I am located in the Stanley Park area of Kitchener.  BYOB BYOS.
***** PLEASE RSVP TO RESERVE A SEAT *****

Comments

• 1. "Beanie" Trevor C.                             
    2. "Kanga" Jenn C.
    3. "SkittleKing" Anthony R.
    4. "TwoThree" Brad
    5. "The Prophet 22" Brent
    6. "Zithal" Rob L.
    7. Vince D.
    8. "g2" Greg
    9. "JohnnieH"
    10. "westside8" Wesley
    11. "Dirty Whore" Mark
    12. Tye
    13. "TNorth" Tom
    14. "Fallen Angel" Gow
    15. "Redington" Tyson
    16. "Shopsy"

17. "ItsaMe" Mario
    18. "trip billies" Tim G.
    19. "Acid Joe"
    20. Aimee
    21. "Shtebs" Steve S.
    22. Dom M.
    23. Reserved
    24. "King Mob" Dave
    25. "SkinnyT" TJ S.
    26. "PunkyMisha" Sandro
    27. Miranda
    28. Jen
    29. "MrWebbs" Kevin W.
    30. Steve S.
    31. John L.
    32. "Easy" Amanda C.

Waiting List

1. "AAKKK" Carlos
    2. Gwen
  • UPDATE: Brent is bringing cards, Rob and Johnnie are bringing table-tops, so I just need 1 more table-tops.

If you can bring any of these additional supplies, please PM me.
  • Just to clarify, since I have heard some confusion/concern over a "winner takes all" tournament. There will be 5 cash prizes, the original 4 tables, and the final table. Basically, the winner of each table receives approximately half the tables buy-in. The other half of each table goes to first place at the final table. So really, there are 5 winners (+ the "bubble boy" prize from Brad).
  • I will bring you some copag's,

brent
  • I will bring you some copag's,
    Thanks Brent. I assume that means you're coming :)
  • Count me in. I can bring a table top, but my cards are getting at little bad.
  • Count me in.

/g2
  • [Thanks Brent.  I assume that means you're coming :)

yes, i have a 4 or 5 decks we can use for the night!

brent
  • Zithal wrote:
    Count me in. I can bring a table top, but my cards are getting at little bad.

Dude, they're Kems. Wash them. Whats the worst thing that could happen? lol

I'm in too, Trevor.
    If you need me too bring something, just let me know.

JohnnieH
  • I'm in too Trev. I should be getting my tabletop from PSO soon, if you still need one, let me know.

Greg, same old? =D
  • Hey Trevor,

Count me in... I can bring dead money!

Mark
  • Hey Trevor,

You can count Mandy and me in. See you there.

2BULLETS
    :as :ah
  • Hey Trevor,

Can you put me down for a spot? Thanks

gow t.
  • Sounds interesting. Sign me up. Thanks.
  • [quote=[Fallen Angel] ]
    Can you put me down for a spot? Thanks

gow t.
    [/quote]
    Gow ... at my place ... on a Friday night! Wow! :)
  • Yo ho ho,,,,

Let me in
  • Trev,

Put me down for a spot.

Thanks,
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Sounds interesting. Sign me up. Thanks.

Pkrfce9, you can meet all the fags that play football on Sunday mornings.

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    Sounds interesting. Sign me up. Thanks.

JohnnieH
    How sweet is that?

p.s. I prefer to use the term 'homos'. It gives plausible deniability.
  • Count me in.
  • Sorry Beanie I have to cancel.
  • Sounds like fun Trevor. Count me in - Tim G.
  • Count Aimee and I in. It looks like Friday has now become free. I kinda remember how to get there so I"ll need directions again.
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Johnnie is gonna be disappointed to hear this but I have to pull out. I guess all you flag football types will have to lay a beating on me some other time. Sorry. :'(
  • Count me in please.

Steve S.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    JohnnieH wrote:
    Johnnie is gonna be disappointed to hear this but I have to pull out. I guess all you flag football types will have to lay a beating on me some other time. Sorry. :'(

Actually, I watched you play @ LuckyLou's last night,(nice double up on the 1st hand!!!)
    and I meant to introduce myself, but I never got around to it. Maybe next time.

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Actually, I watched you play  @ LuckyLou's last night,(nice double up on the 1st hand!!!)
    and I meant to introduce myself, but I never got around to it.  Maybe next time.

JohnnieH
    Can do Johnnie. I think Mario mentioned to me late in the night that you had been there but left. We'll talk next time.
  • Just a quick bump/update.  There are still 11 seats available for Friday's shoot-out. 
  • I take it there will be a cash game after :D:D